Coconut oil brand debate

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut oil brand debate

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

I have read the antifungal page as well as Abel’s private list and description concerning coconut oil and recognize that Tropical Traditions comes in first place followed by Garden of Life in second place. I opted for the Garden of Life and do like it very much but even this brand is expensive for how much we use on this protocol. I am wondering about other brands of organic virgin coconut oil and how they differ from Garden of Life? If it is expeller pressed and virgin then wont it work just the same? I found a 54 oz jar on Amazon from Vitacost for $20…compared to my 32 oz from Garden of Life thats a huge savings. My question is how much should we be concerned with brand name for the effectiveness we are looking for here? What do others here use? Since we are all supposed to be using this on the protocol itd be great to get feedback from several people! Thanks for the help 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Dave.

I don’t think I’ve ever stressed that one should purchase one brand of coconut oil over another. Members have often asked for a brand name before they purchase their oil, and I’ve naturally given them the names of the brands that I’m familiar with.

For many months now I’ve stayed with Garden of Life’s Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil. There are two reasons I’m doing this; one is because of the convenience of obtaining this particular brand in my area, and the other is because it’s organic, extra virgin, cold pressed, and it comes in a glass jar which I prefer over plastic.

So let me put it this way; I have no problem with any brand, but due to my experience in experimenting with different types, I would always choose organic and extra virgin; in addition, either expeller pressed or cold pressed would be acceptable as far as my own use is concerned.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I like the Dr. Bonner’s brand personally, but pretty much if its organic, it should be pretty good.

-raster

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

mine comes in plastic jar its organic natures way eva gold

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;35227 wrote: I like the Dr. Bonner’s brand personally, but pretty much if its organic, it should be pretty good.

Virgin coconut oil actually has more significance than organic does in connection with a Candida infestation. I’ve experimented with both,
    and there’s definitely a difference in the body’s response to virgin.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coconut oil brand debate’ is closed to new replies.