Coconut Oil?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Oil?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  jay253 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

So, I have been trying to take coconut oil all week, and plus I have been taking megaflora before bed each night.

On Monday, I felt gassy and bloated all day, but not as bad as I have suffered in the past because following the diet and taking hcl, l-glutamine, etc. really helps.

A couple more days, and not too bad.
    Wednesday and Thursday were sort of rough.

Of course, Thursday I decided to try some quinoa, and I had a bad reaction to it. I had only been eating pretty much egg whites and veggies for at least 1-2 weeks. (only tried it b/c I have ate a small amount of quinoa flakes in the morning as a hot cereal every once in awhile no problem)(Plus, I really do not think small type seeds things settle well on me, partly to the no colon issue; I know it’s not recommended, and it does depend on some people, but I can handle a very small amount of almonds every once and awhile. It doesn’t set me back; I just don’t overdo it!)

Anyways, Wednesday and Thursday I did try to increase the coconut oil a little bit, a couple times a day, and I felt very gassy, lots of pressure in my intestines, cramping.

Yesterday, I laid off of it , and took a only a small dose last night to ease up on the gas (yesterday, I had to go the bathroom quite a bit, too!) I felt a little bit better last night. This morning, I am rumbling a little bit.

My question:
    Does it get easier to take coconut oil, and not experience die-off type symptoms from it?
    I realize I am only a week in on taking the probiotic and coconut oil, after just trying to eat better, which I really appreciate. I need to make more coconut bread this weekend!

Plus, it did help starting to eat right at the beginning of the year following my integrative doctor’s advice, but I realized that I was still feeding the candida on some things, and that I wasn’t being strict enough on monitoring reactions on food. This is why this forum has been helpful b/c I have studied it and gotten some great tips on it to help me. There is so many conflicting issues on things to eat and not eat in books, other sites, etc. I still didn’t do enough research starting at the beginning of the year.

However, it is hard to look at every single ingredient on the market, even at health food stores, but I am starting to appreciate making a lot of my own things because I know what goes in it!

So, any advice on the coconut oil would be appreciated! I really, really want to try sf722, can’t wait till it’s available!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kjones02;38649 wrote: So, I have been trying to take coconut oil all week, and plus I have been taking megaflora before bed each night.

Of course, Thursday I decided to try some quinoa, and I had a bad reaction to it.

Afternoon, Kj.

You either don’t have the forum’s strict diet, or if you have it you’re not following it.

The best way to take coconut oil in my experience was to keep in a solid form. Have a cup of warm tea or warm water standing by; take a teaspoon of the coconut oil and follow it immediately with a sip of warm liquid. This is the only way I got it down for month after month after month.

Able

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Is there any difference in how it’s consumed? I’ve been heating 30 seconds in microwave and have been “drinking” it.

kjones02
    Participant

Happen to be on here the same time you responded. I think I just need more time. Yes, I did follow through with strictly veggies, etc. for around only week and half because I have been trying to do other things since the beginning of the year.

I know I need to keep on plugging along, and it is hard, and all you people are probably going to gripe at me. It is just that I have been feeling weak, and I got to get some more oils or something to prevent from losing weight; I am already skinny enough. I am feeling better by supplementing with hcl, etc, and I have to have veggies it feels in each meal; I ate veggie soup one morning for breakfast; I have noticed even most gluten free cereals still try to sugar it up. I have not had any fruit I think for now for 3 weeks, which actually helps!

I’ll keep in mind to take the coconut oil like that, and see if it gets better. Yes, I did cheat the other day, quinoa; I know; bad me. I thought I’d take a chance, and I shouldn’t have. I really do need to keep on trying to buckle down, and get moving to heal. Also, it is hard when I am trying to stay on a budget; I feel like I have spent a lot of money on foods, vitamins, etc.!! Money is catching up with me.

I just need to find some quick meals sometimes when I haven’t cooked for awhile to fix something healthy, plus I am gradually trying to add things in to not to overshock my body.

You have to keep in mind, like I think somebody read on here, it could be the probiotic trying to adjust to me, too. However, so far, I can’t believe I have been able to tolerate the megaflora the past week a little better than other probiotics I have tried in the past.

Thanks again for your advice!

kjones02
    Participant

Yes, just like serene mentioned; I haven’t been taking it in solid form. Does that make a difference? I guess it just a little hard it seems to get it down.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You’ll pretty much keep feeling bad and weak until you decide to commit to the diet AND protocol. Then, you’ll still feel like crap for another couple of weeks while you go through initial die-off and detoxing, and then you’ll start to get some energy back, especially when you can add in a couple of the test foods.

It’s a commitment to yourself and your body. It’s not about us “griping” at you or you needing to apologize to anyone on here…your body is griping at you and you should be apologize to it.

Lots of us on here are on a strict budget (self very much included)…it’s just a matter of committing to your health and choosing the most important things to spend your money on. (Like organic avocados, onions, garlic…not really a big deal because they don’t get sprayed much and it doesn’t penetrate…organic leafy greens…big deal, always buy them because they get sprayed a lot…if you can’t, wash them super duper well.) You don’t need to take every supplement on the protocol forever and some of them are fairly inexpensive (molybdenum amino acid chelate, capryllic acid, vitamin c) and if you buy a larger jar, it works out to less than buying several smaller jars. I also don’t know if they have Food Not Bombs where you live, but here the local chapter has a “free food porch” near my house that gets cast-offs from an organic produce service twice a week. Everything is a bit wilted, but it still saves me probably $10-15/week depending on what they get…usually in leafy greens since I go through them so quickly.

I don’t really know what else to say, except that it sounds like you need to sit down and have a heart to heart with your body and let it know you’re going to be accountable and committed to helping it heal, then make a plan to do that and stick with it. Sorry to harp on, this is close to my heart because I went through a lot of this same back and forth before I found this site and honestly just got tired of being so miserable all of the time, so it was either kill myself (literally) or stick with this and see what happens.

kjones02
    Participant

Thanks algebra, I have been trying really hard to commit these past couple weeks; it is hard because I am telling myself I want to feel better, and I am starting to learn some tricks on getting some fresh foods. I just need to keep in mind, like you said, I am probably going through die-offs, too. I’ll keep on plugging along, and see what things looks like here in the next month. I am getting a little worried about Easter; think I’ll have to bring my own food to the family get together. All I want is a normal bowel movements and very little gas during the day and energy to do things. Sometimes I just plug along, and keep doing things anyways to try and take my mind off of things. Yes, molybdenum is cheap, and it has helped a great deal; otherwise, I think I would be torture!!!! =0

alexalgebra

kjones02;38683 wrote: Thanks algebra, I have been trying really hard to commit these past couple weeks; it is hard because I am telling myself I want to feel better, and I am starting to learn some tricks on getting some fresh foods. I just need to keep in mind, like you said, I am probably going through die-offs, too. I’ll keep on plugging along, and see what things looks like here in the next month. I am getting a little worried about Easter; think I’ll have to bring my own food to the family get together. All I want is a normal bowel movements and very little gas during the day and energy to do things. Sometimes I just plug along, and keep doing things anyways to try and take my mind off of things. Yes, molybdenum is cheap, and it has helped a great deal; otherwise, I think I would be torture!!!! =0

Just keep it up and keep your mind on the prize. I know it’s really hard cause the die-off toxins get you super down, but just push through it. It’s worth it. YOU’RE worth it!! 🙂

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

kjones02;38679 wrote: Yes, just like serene mentioned; I haven’t been taking it in solid form. Does that make a difference? I guess it just a little hard it seems to get it down.

It’s antifungal properties aren’t affected by heating, to my knowledge.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I put mine on stove & heat up drinking it melted, I wouldn’t trust the microwave though.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

if you need a cereal I eat kamut puffs. No sugar, very plain tasting, a cup is like 7 carbs. I have that with coconut milk unsweetened sometimes with stevia

alexalgebra

kamut is a form of wheat.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

yes mooch, Kamut is a form of wheat and contains gluten. very bad for a candida diet.

Is there any difference in how it’s consumed? I’ve been heating 30 seconds in microwave and have been “drinking” it.

I did some research to determine weather or not the microwave was safe for coconut oil. The verdict is not totally out, but I came to the conclusion that microwaving it is risky and potential destroy the benefits.

I keep my glass jar next to the heater in the kitchen, it stays liquid. Before I figured that out I would set a glass of coconut oil into a bowl of hot tap water for a minute.

I wouldn’t risk it with the microwave.

kjones02
    Participant

Yeah, I thought kamut was wheat, too. I have wondered about a low-carb cereal to eat though. Does anyone know one? This morning I am eating coconut bread though, and I sweetened it up a little bit with cinnamon, etc. tasty, and my cup of herbal hot tea.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Oat bran is a good hot cereal, or you can look for “cream of buckwheat,” which I think I’ve only seen from Pocono brand. It was a breakfast favorite of mine even before the diet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Oil?’ is closed to new replies.