coconut muffins

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast coconut muffins

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  juliekathryn20 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

juliekathryn20
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Does anyone know at what stage (if at all), we can use shredded unsweetened coconut? I found this recipe and some others on this website:
    http://www.naturalhealthanswers.com/candida_recipes.html

What is the difference between eating coconut oil and eating the actual meat of the coconut. I don’t see it on “The Strict Candida Diet” so I’m not sure if it can be added at some point. Here is the recipe and it looks so good!

Coconut muffins
    3 eggs
    2 TBSP Organic Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
    1/4 cup Stevia
    1/4 tsp. sea salt
    1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
    1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
    3 TBSP dried shredded unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 6 muffins w/additional coconut oil or use muffin cups. Set aside.

In a small bowl beat eggs, coconut oil, Agave syrup, and salt together. Combine coconut flour and baking powder together and whisk into batter until smooth.

Fill muffin cups half-way with batter and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.

Recipe makes 6 muffins but the recipe can easily be doubled to make 12. If you are past the first stage of the Candida diet and are able to have berries you can stir in 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries to the mixed batter.

Thanks in advance,
    Julie

elainypeps
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hi JK,

I made this one, it was really yummy, I suggest you make a double batch!

Elaine x

juliekathryn20
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

Hi Elaine!

What stage of the diet are you in? Coconut meat is not listed on the strict diet so I’m not sure at what point I can have it. Any help would be appreciated! It’s good to know that they are tasty! I can’t wait to try them!!

Thanks!
    Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘coconut muffins’ is closed to new replies.