Coconut Milk Kefir

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Coconut Milk Kefir

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Lynn 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Does anyone have the correct recipe for this? I’ve searched online and finding different recipes I have no idea which is correct for what we need. Can you get Kefir grains at any WholeFoods? If you could post directions or a link would really appreciate it. I was told this could help me with my severe dry mouth issues.

Thank you!

Mike

ICanDad
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 19

Hi Mike,

This is what I found from yahoo kefir group, but I haven’t tried it yet.

“I use my milk kefir grain with Thai kitchen coconut milk, and in about 24hr have a wonderful coconut-kefir product. I always return the grains to dairy after using coconut
    milk, as they need lactose to survive.”

You can do 24hr fermentation, then strain the kefir, and then let the coconut milk kefir (without grains) sit in the kitchen in an air-tight bottle for another 24 hr.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

HI,

I got my milk kefir grains from Culturesforhealth.com . They answer questions too!!!
    Hope this helps. I make coconut milk kefir also as I am lactose intolerant.
    Miriam

eddy25
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hello Guys i think Kefir is typically made from cow’s dairy products that is fermented with kefir societies. It is similar in flavor and structure to a drinkable simply natural with a bit of a tangy flavor to it. It is known for many health advantages such as enhancing the defense mechanisms, exciting digestive function,cholesterol-reducing, and defending against cancer.Thanks a lot!!

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

order grains from ebay from some one who lives the closest the dried ones are hard to start and take 3 months to make a quart or less buy 1/4 cup or more get heirloom yogurt cultures from culturesforhealth they grow at room temp and last forever also

Madeline
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi all,

I’m new in the forum. I already past the detox part which i did for 10 dys, and currently I’m in the strict diet. I followed the protocol and diet strictly as advise.
    I Have a quick question in reference to the Coconut milk. All of the canned coconut milks, and this also includes the So Delicious Milk carton in my super markets contain, at a minimum, the good stuff then “Guar Gum:. I bought the unsweetened organic coconut milk by Native Forest and the ingredients are: Organic coconut, water, organic guar gum. How much of an issue is this? Should I be worried I don’t want to mess up my diet, Thanks very much for your response.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

I use the Body Ecology starter kit. Currently I have Duchess brand coconut milk, but will be switching to the brand listed in the strict protocol soon (So Delicious, I believe).

When I make kefir, it turns out completely liquid, like milk. Is this normal? As I understood, it was supposed to be lumpy and much more solid. I followed the instructions with the Body Ecology kit and the recommendations on the kefir guide on thecandidadiet.com, so I have no clue what I might be doing wrong.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

My coconut milk kefir isn’t very thick unless I let it sit for several days.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Hmm, I tried a letting it sit for a week, but it is still too thin to make cheese. The curds and whey barely separate. Perhaps I need a thicker cheesecloth, or perhaps I need to add something to the liquid kefir such as lemon juice to separate it (though the Body Ecology kit does not instruct it).

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

From what i know letting it sit for a week it too long it will starve the culture…instead you need to feed the grains every 24-48 hours…switching the milk over to keep them fed and healthy…also milk grains need lactose to grow…dont worry if you are lactose intolerant bc the bacteria will eat/digest all the lactose before you will ever drink any!

Happy kefir making!!

: )

Lynn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

I’m on the detox portion right now, but I know that in a few weeks I’m going to have to make my own kefir. Can someone please direct me to a “how to”? I actually have a yogurt maker already (bought it for natto, which never panned out), so if that is needed I already have that…. Thanks!

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I just did this….

I bought this: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/milk-kefir-starter-kit.html

I followed the instructions and started rehydrating the cultures on regular milk. Once it started making Kefir I switched to coconut milk. I live in Florida so my Kefir usually is ready in about 12-18 hours otherwise it’s too thick and turns into curds and whey.

It’s very, very easy.

Lynn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

Ruffian;44391 wrote: I just did this….

I bought this: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/milk-kefir-starter-kit.html

I followed the instructions and started rehydrating the cultures on regular milk. Once it started making Kefir I switched to coconut milk. I live in Florida so my Kefir usually is ready in about 12-18 hours otherwise it’s too thick and turns into curds and whey.

It’s very, very easy.

Thanks, Ruffian! I am familiar with the CFH website– that’s where I got my natto starter. I’m going to hopefully order it next week so I can be ready when it’s time to introduce the kefir. I think it’s great we can switch to coconut milk because I’d really like to stay as vegan as possible.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Milk Kefir’ is closed to new replies.