coconut milk /cream

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions coconut milk /cream

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  NeekyNoo 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

codylee
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

hi,

i notice that coconut oil is allowed on candida diet – so is coconut cream or milk ok?

thanks

Mo T.
    Topics: 2

I have a feeling that we should avoid it cause it’s pretty fatty and it’s too delicious to be true lol according to this website we should avoid it because “All commercial dairy substitutes are processed and contain “bad” oils and fats, and other unacceptable ingredients.” http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/foods50.php

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings.

I wouldn’t even consider debating the fact that coconuts and coconut products in general are one of the healthiest foods we as humans can consume; I’ll just tell you why I eat coconuts, use coconut oil daily, and stir several tablespoons of coconut cream into Greek yogurt three times a day.

Coconut products do contain saturated fat, however, this is a healthy and beneficial fat which is easily metabolized and turned into energy. Regardless of what you read or hear, research has proven that coconut fat will not raise cholesterol.

Coconut oil is 50% lauric acid, and coconut cream is so full of coconut oil that a thick layer settles on top of the cream and must be stirred into the cream before using. New mothers are encouraged to breast feed their newborns for many reasons, one of the major reasons being the lauric acid in the breast milk. Lauric acid protects the baby’s health by converting into a compound which is a strong disruptor of the membranes of fungus, viruses, and bacteria therefore destroying them. Inadvertently, lauric acid targets many bacterial infections, influenza, HIV, and herpes for just a few. This all explains why, on average, breast-fed babies experience less sickness, colds and infections than bottle-fed babies do, and as adults we can obtain plenty of lauric acid in coconut and coconut products such as the cream and oil.

“The best day of your life is one in which you decide your life is your own, and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.”

codylee

thanks for that info.. that’s interesting about lauric acid, although ‘guar gum’ is whats printed on my can- im assuming they are the same sort of thing.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

No, guar gum is not the same thing. You can find coconut milk that is 100% coconut – nothing added. Thai Kitchen is a redily available brand that is 100% coconut, and they offer an organic version for those trying to keep pesticides/herbicides out of their systems, too. If you live near a Trader Joe’s, they also sell pure coconut milk. I use both extra virgin coconut oil and coconut milk (the full fat version!) on this diet. The coconut milk can be very nice as a base for Thai herbs to marinate chicken or, if you’re eating grains, sweetend with stevia and poured over cooked grains for breakfast on ocassion.

codylee

thanks hope, dont think we have those places over here in Aussie, but ill def check out the health shops for the pure c milk.

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I have heard that coconut ice cream is delicious, so I plan on buying an ice cream maker. I noticed the thrift store had many (many new in box), so plan on picking one up there. That way can make healthy ice cream I can eat guilt free, especially right now with fresh berries to add in the mix.

one of my favorite treats is making my own coconut almond joys/mounds.

take a cup of organic unsweetened coconut, add maybe tablespoon (until moist) of coconut milk or oil, stir, make balls and stick in freezer for a bit to harden. I also sometimes add unsweetened coconut with a stevia packet and/or almond to top. It’s yummy (assuming you love coconut like I do), and good for me. What other candy can you say that about.

One of the best things about the candida diet is that you no longer have to worry about calories, since everything is so healthy. You still lose weight eating as much as you like (of what you can eat)

codylee

haha i know its great- i dont even look at the fat content anymore or anything, i just eat it if it has no sugar or yeast! that recipe sounds yumo, thanks!

i actually love making my own healthy rum-balls – i use practically everything in the pantry that i can eat, and add xylitol and a dash of coconut milk, roll and dip in coconut and fridge them!

also, 1/4 cup of natural yoghurt blended with 1/2 cup of fresh frozen berries with a tablespoon of xylitol is a beautiful treat on occasion!

laurahill
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I absolutely agree,coconut oil or almost all products of coconut are good for health..It provide more nutrition and vitamins of the body,Coconut oil also act as a good moisturizer..It helps to cure skin problem.

smithalan00
    Replies: 2

Yes it is quite right……

Smith Alan
    RayMeds

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

If you have a masticating juicer, I highly recommend juicing a fresh coconut; you get the most amazing cream out of it. Youve then basically got a raw ‘desiccated’ coconut left over to use in other foods.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘coconut milk /cream’ is closed to new replies.