coconut milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions coconut milk

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jamespaul 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jamespaul
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 31

as on the foods to eat list (coconut milk) unsweetened, i brought myself some kara coconut milk didnt say sweetened or unsweetened,
    but it says it has 2.1g per 100ml serving of sugar… now i cant find another coconut milk wiht 0 sugar even more… so is this the unsweetened one or is there another product out there i can buy?
    from uk
    thanks

londoner1
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

Hi – I don’t know the answer to this definitively but you can easily get Coconut Water in the UK in the supermarkets. Then to reduce the overall sugar content I have started using it with Milk Kefir grains. The Kefir uses the sugar content to feed and proliferate. So you get the benefit of a Kefir drink but without the Lactose if you struggle with Milk products (can be an issue for Candida sufferers). Again apologies that doesn’t answer the question directly but worth knowing

Regards
    Nick

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This isn’t a no sugar diet but a low sugar diet. You cannot avoid having sugar in your foods; its just all about having as little sugar as possible. There is 3g of sugar in a head of lettuce, 4g of sugar in a red onion, and the list goes on and on…

The only problem with coconut milk is that it is highly inflammatory and you need to lower the inflammation of the gut in order to get better:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3114/2

-raster

jamespaul

how is there sugar in vegetables ;/ i didnt know that! i have been eating onions all week becasue I fought it was good for me.

i need something i can mix with a protein powder anything you recommend??
    thanks

purple1butterful
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I also bought the same thing, might take it back to the shop

jamespaul

raster is this ok to drink then this milk? i know you say low sugar diet so is this ok to have?
    all im eating is meat and veg really

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘coconut milk’ is closed to new replies.