Coconut meat vs. unsweetened shredded coconut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut meat vs. unsweetened shredded coconut

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Caitie 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Caitie
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 12

Hi everyone,

I read through all the old posts pertaining to coconut, but I’m still confused. For christmas I wanted to make these coconut macaroons for myself, but I’m not sure if I should use a package of dry unsweetened shredded coconut that I can buy at the health store or since I bought a coconut, if I should prepare my own shredded coconut out of fresh coconut meat. Which would be better/healthier for someone who has completed 4 weeks of the candida diet??

Thanks
    Caitie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Caitie wrote: I’m not sure if I should use a package of dry unsweetened shredded coconut that I can buy at the health store or since I bought a coconut, if I should prepare my own shredded coconut out of fresh coconut meat. Which would be better/healthier for someone who has completed 4 weeks of the candida diet??

Since the shredded coconut is not sweetened, and assume it’s organic since it comes from a health food store, I see no difference between using it and the fresh coconut.

Able

Caitie

but if I have a coconut already, the fresh coconut meat is ok?? (sry- just to make sure)…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Anything is OK if you just eat it once or sparingly (except alcohol and sugar); it won’t set you back too much if you eat it just one time (at the most a few hours or a day). If you start eating almost anything everyday, then problems can occur because candida can adapt to just about anything.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Caitie wrote: but if I have a coconut already, the fresh coconut meat is ok?? (sry- just to make sure)…

Fresh coconut is perfect, it’s not going to interfere with the Candida treatment or bother you …. unless you’ve acquired an allergy to it.

Able

Caitie

Thanks alot-much appreciated!

Caitie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coconut meat vs. unsweetened shredded coconut’ is closed to new replies.