Coconut meat

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut meat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There’s a lot written on this site about coconut oil, but what about the meat of the fruit itself? Does it have the same kind of benefits as the oil? Perhaps less concentrated amounts of caprylic acid?

Shredded coconut is used a lot in South Indian cooking, and I’ve found some good recipes that would be suitable for Stage 2. I also found some frozen shredded coconut in the local Indian grocery shop, which has no preservatives (all the dried ones I’ve seen use sulphur dioxide).

In particular, kurma seems like a great anti-candida dish. It could potentially contain six of the top ten candida fighting foods, as well as anti-fungal spices. There are lots of varying recipes, and it’s quite a versatile dish.

I’ve decided it’ll be impossible to start my diet before Christmas is over, so I’m trying to prepare everything for the new year.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Javizy,

This looks like a tasty dish but you’d have to adapt it quite a bit – you’d have to remove/ replace the Potato, carrot, beans, peas & almonds none of which are recommended on this diet. There are a few tasty curry dishes that are coconut based on the recipe thread if you take a look. I haven’t tried them yet as I haven’t started introducing foods yet.

L

Javizy

You can really add what you want in terms of vegetables/meat. Chicken is a common choice. I thought almonds were okay in small amounts? At least they’re contained in the ‘Foods to eat’ list. I plan on avoiding all nuts for a good few weeks myself.

What I’m really interested in is the coconut meat, since you can easily make a curry-like dish by combining it with spices and water, and it contains lots of fibre and healthy fats. If I can find some buckwheat flour and make chapatis, I don’t think Stage 2 will be hard at all.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Which allowed foods list are you looking at? You should use the one one this forum, not the one on the website… there are far too many items on that list that feed the candida.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All of the meat from a medium coconut contains about 25g of sugar approximately. It is considered highly inflammatory and should be saved for a time beyond phase 2:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2

-Raster

Javizy

@Lucy
    I was referring to this one. I found the thread on the forum, and I’ll stick to that list when I begin.

@raster
    Do you mean as part of phase 2? I did check the nutrition, and since dried beans are allowed I thought coconut would be okay. Cooked chickpeas are 27% carb with 5% sugar, and cashews are 33%/6%, whereas coconut is 15%/6%. You only need 2 tablespoons or so for an entire curry. Phase 2 is a long way off anyway, I guess…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coconut meat’ is closed to new replies.