Coconut flour/Milk has sugar in?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut flour/Milk has sugar in?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  emzie89 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

emzie89
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

Hi all,

I know coconut flour is allowed on the diet, but i noticed that the brand i got has 1g of sugar per serving. It is Bob’s Red Mill brand. How is this ok? Same with the coconut milk

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

1G is pretty negligible, your vegetables have more than that in them. I wouldn’t worry about it.
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2390/2

emzie89

Thanks. I just get so confused because it is no sugar, but then other things that are allowed have sugar

Danny33
    Replies: 362

emzie89;56357 wrote: Hi all,

I know coconut flour is allowed on the diet, but i noticed that the brand i got has 1g of sugar per serving. It is Bob’s Red Mill brand. How is this ok? Same with the coconut milk

This is fine.

Candida will survive fine even if you just drink water all day.
    You are simply minimizing your sugar intake, not eliminating it.

-Dan

emzie89

So how does the diet help if it lives anyway? I know it is naturally in the gut, but i am new to this and wondering how the diet helps at all. I have no idea about any of this.

Tdog333

Danny is right, candida can survive on anything. Candida has a preferred food which is sugar. If you feed it lots of sugar it grows very quickly. If you feed it nothing at all(no carb no sugar) it feels threatened and starts to become virulent and aggressive. So the point is to keep it from growing out of control. Diet won’t cure you but it will sure help to slow the growth of candida. Plus the diet will help to eliminate the burden of toxic processed foods your body has to mop up.

emzie89

Thanks! This clears things up. So i am guessing it is the supplements that kill the overgrowth?

Tdog333

Yep, antifungals will get rid of the infection, the problem is keeping it away. If it was a simple course of ABX that tipped you over you should be able to recover just from diet and antifungals. Most people with candida can’t easily get rid of it because of an underlying issue which is suppressing the immune system.

emzie89

Could i possibly message you directly some how?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This isn’t a sugar free diet but a low sugar diet. Onions have 3-6g of sugar, a head of lettuce has 3g of sugar, rutabega has like 10g of sugar, etc. If you were compare this to fruits, a banana contains 30g of sugar, a green apple contains 20g of sugar, pineapple is high in sugar (40g per serving or something)…

What this diet comes down to is feeding the yeast less than your previous american style diet.

If you have an underlying immune problem, this is hard to treat by yourself on your own. This is why I recommend consulting a naturopath who can help you unravel you health history and make decisions based on this.

-raster

emzie89

Thanks. Any idea what immune problems can cause this?

raster
    Participant

Thyroid/adrenal problems, heavy metals such as mercury, dysbiosis of the gut, pH imbalances, co-infections, etc. We’ve spent a lot of time on the forum covering these topics in the past…

If you were do to chelation on your own it could cause a ton of problems.

-raster

emzie89

This all started after a root canal, and pregnancy. It started in my pregnancy but would come and go. Then i miscarried, and 3 weeks later it came back and has been constant now for 3 months. I got the root canal tooth removed thinking this may have caused the problems. It never made any difference to my symptoms. Before all my symptoms i had terrible constipation issues for months

raster
    Participant

Do you have amalgam fillings and have you taken antibiotics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npE6K6S2_C8

-raster

emzie89

Yeah i have 2 that are probably 10+ years old. Never had an issue until i got pregnant. I really don’t think they are the cause, and i took some antibiotics since having this. Doctor said it was a sinus infection and prescribed something. ENT said i don’t have a sinus issue. The antibiotics made my symptoms 10 times worse. Before that i hadn’t taken antibiotics in over a year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coconut flour/Milk has sugar in?’ is closed to new replies.