Coconut Flour Pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Flour Pancakes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tulip 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

Ok,so I just tried to make coconut flour pancakes for dinner.I forgot baking soda/powder,enough liquids,and it turned out like a powdery crumble,reminiscent of my masa disasters in the past.Any secrets? I’m not a fan of coconut milk and don’t tolerate nut milks (last night my lips were swollen,a reaction to three almonds I tried).
    The flour smells so delicious that I want to perfect these,I’m sick of hard boiled eggs and omelettes for breakfast!
    Thanks!

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I use milk-kefir in mine, and lots of eggs.

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Unfortunately, I don’t have a recipe suggestion. But, have you tried oat bran for breakfast? It’s quite filling. I alternate between eggs and oat ban, even though the oat bran is known to cause bloating.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Look on the recipes part of the forum; I know I have oat bran pancakes at the least posted. There is a recipe out there that works!

-raster

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Hey Tulip,

Im having similar problems with cooking with the coconut flour. Its always too dry when mixing, and after i add extra eggs/coconut milk/coconut oil it doesnt cook anymore.

And in any case, i maybe dont out enough baking powder in as its always very dense with little or no air.

HELP!

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

I think I haven’t been adding enough liquid,they are improving though.So tasty with avocado,plus yesterday I found organic alcohol free vanilla extract! YES!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Flour Pancakes’ is closed to new replies.