Coconut Cream?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Cream?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

I don’t really know much about Coconut Cream but I saw that it is on the list of Foods to Eat on the website’s strict diet stage. I just bought some from Trader Joe’s. The ingredients include: coconut extracted, sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, xanthum gum, water. Is this okay to have? I’m wanting to make a peppermint coconut treat using a small amount of stevia.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Sounds yummy post it if it comes out good please! There’s thus soup I found online with coconut cream i wanna try all it is is the cream, 1 onion , coconut whole fresh, pepper of choice, and garlic and just chop veggies add cream and cook coconut together in a soup. I have to get ingredients but can’t wait to try! P

tmi

It’s from the Practical Paleo cook book. Called “Mint Melt Aways”. 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup coconut cream (or coconut manna), 2 teaspoons fresh mint chopped, 2 teaspoons mint extract oil, and it calls for 2 teaspoons of maple syrup which is obviously a no-no… so I was hoping to sub with stevia. You put it all together and put it in mini muffins trays with paper liners, throw it in the freezer and then serve cold. Tiny little mint treats. It sounds so yummy at this point in my diet… just want to make sure my coconut cream is okay to use.

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    I’m having difficulty finding coconut cream. Plenty of milk around. Where do you purchase yours?
    Miriam

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I wanna know this 2 I can’t find it anywhere!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Wikipedia says one of the ingredients may be aggravating to individuals with an intolerance to wheat. If you don’t have any known wheat/gluten issues, I would still suggest treating it like a test food, and eat one spoon of it a couple of days in a row to see if you react to it, before making a bigger amount of food with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboxymethyl_cellulose

As an alternative, I’ve had reasonably good luck making a sort of coconut cream by sticking a can of coconut milk in the fridge for several hours, and then opening it without shaking it. Usually, the fatty parts are at the top, and you can scoop it out, and then just use the thinner leftovers in soup or sauce. Coconut “cream” seems to frequently contain more additives than coconut milk, so using separated milk instead reduces that concern.

tmi

Miriam;36227 wrote: Hi,
    I’m having difficulty finding coconut cream. Plenty of milk around. Where do you purchase yours?
    Miriam

I found it at Trader Joes. Not sure where else it can be found.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

There’s “coconut cream” which is like a liquid, the stuff they sell at TJ’s that has additives and I have never seen anywhere without additives, and then there is “coconut manna”, also called coconut cream, which is just pure coconut and the most amazing thing ever. It’s also called “coconut butter” sometimes. If you can find the kind that comes in a box (I’ve only found it at one natural foods store), it’s usually really cheap, like $2.79 for 7 oz where I saw it. If you can only find the kind in a jar (aka coconut butter), it’s usually like $10+/jar at Whole Foods, etc. I don’t get it, except that companies are greedy, but basically it’s like a cross between cream cheese, peanut butter, and coconut oil, except not as gross as that sounds, and it tastes amazing in everything and on its own. I ate like 1/3 jar by itself the other day :p

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Nutiva makes a product they refer to as coconut manna which is what I’ve always used.
    It makes a delicious snack or dessert when mixed with Greek yogurt and Stevia. As far as the amounts of each; you want the texture of a somewhat thick pudding.

Able

tmi

Able900;36292 wrote: Nutiva makes a product they refer to as coconut manna which is what I’ve always used.
    It makes a delicious snack or dessert when mixed with Greek yogurt and Stevia. As far as the amounts of each; you want the texture of a somewhat thick pudding.

Able

Able – where do you buy it from?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

tmi;36300 wrote: Able – where do you buy it from?

The Vitamin Shoppe chain store carries it in my area. If there isn’t one in your area, you can order it online.
    Coconut Manna

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

They sell it at Whole Foods as well, if you have one of those.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Cream?’ is closed to new replies.