Coconut Butter for Coconut Oil?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Butter for Coconut Oil?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Monte 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Monte
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 21

Can organic coconut butter be substituted for coconut oil? Or should I be taking my full amount of coconut oil (up to 15tsp a day) and then add some coconut butter as well? Coconut butter is heaven on a spoon and anyone who tells me I can eat it all day will be my hero ; )

And may I add raw, organic, unsweetened coconut flakes to things as well?

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Monte;41332 wrote: Coconut butter is heaven on a spoon and anyone who tells me I can eat it all day will be my hero

Looks like I’m your hero today, Monte. You can eat all the coconut butter or manna you want – providing it doesn’t create problems for you which it shouldn’t under normal circumstances. But don’t expect the butter to completely take the place of coconut oil in your treatment. I would say you could replace one teaspoon of coconut oil with two teaspoons of coconut butter.

And, as long as they don’t bother you, you can eat all the coconut flakes you want. “However” … don’t eat so much of either that you end up substituting coconut flakes or the butter for your daily vegetables, please.

Able

Monte
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 21

Woo hoooooooo! You ARE my hero Able! Thanks (she says as she’s licking off her spoon…)!! I used to always eat a little coconut oil with a dab of coconut butter to give it a little creaminess with flavor so I definitely won’t be taking out the coconut oil. As for the flakes, I just want to add a few to my buckwheat cereal or coconut bread. This is very exciting news and I’m off to bake some bread now!

Thanks again!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Butter for Coconut Oil?’ is closed to new replies.