Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

raster;42342 wrote: Try out some different breads instead of coconut bread. I also would examine whether the eggs cause the rash or not.

-raster

Thanks Raster, I don’t eat eggs though, I used egg replacer.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

That could be the problem!!! Egg replacer is just potato starch and some other crap that you probably shouldn’t be eating right now 🙁

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

alexalgebra;42699 wrote: That could be the problem!!! Egg replacer is just potato starch and some other crap that you probably shouldn’t be eating right now 🙁

Thanks….I gave up on the bread weeks ago though. just another thing on the list of things i cant have, as i dont eat eggs

alexalgebra

can you do buckwheat and/or flax (or chia) yet? my buckwheat bread recipe could probably be modded to do flax or chia eggs and would still come out great. I did 1 flax egg 1 regular egg tonight (I ran out of eggs) and it’s still deeelish! I also added caraway seeds so it tastes like rye.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I made the buckwheat bread tonight even without eggs. It tasted good

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I concur on the egg replacer. I made a dish by using a lot of that stuff a few times, and I kept wondering why I was getting a reaction; it is the egg replacer. I didn’t realize it was so starchy until I looked at the ingredients. I thought I was doing good, too by not using so many eggs.

All good suggestions, maybe just try a little of the coconut flour, and then mix other flours with it. Flax eggs or like mooch said, more water, leave out eggs!!!

Alex, yes, I LOVE the buckwheat bread; it is my new sub since I have been having some problems with the coconut flour! Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I have came up with a few myself, but I really enjoy that. I can eat it with no problem!!! =)

alexalgebra

Awesome!! I’m so glad y’all like the recipe! I made it last night and had a SANDWICH and it was kind of like heaven…I can’t believe people take sandwiches for granted, haha.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

alexalgebra;42742 wrote: Awesome!! I’m so glad y’all like the recipe! I made it last night and had a SANDWICH and it was kind of like heaven…I can’t believe people take sandwiches for granted, haha.

I bet it was nice to make a sandwich. I sort of miss that sometimes. That was always a staple in my house for a quick lunch. However, I don’t mind having a salad, if I already have one prepared for the week!

alexalgebra

I just used my buckwheat bread recipe for the bread (and added in some caraway to make it kind of “rye” like), then made the artichoke spinach dip from the recipes forum for the bulk of it…added some cukes and sprouts 😀

Not something i will have all the time but it was pretty awesome to have a food I could eat with my hands, LOL.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!’ is closed to new replies.