Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

RYANCREST
    Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 33

Hey guys
    so I have been strict on the diet. eating only meat and vegetables. cooking with coconut oil. Eating coconut bread as my filler.. Taking the probiotics, and candicide forte an herbal antifungal. I have not cheated on the diet at all.. Today. I was doing well for about 6 weeks. But today I noticed a rash that I had been fighting before I started the anti candida plan has come back. The rashes I believe are symptom of the yeast. but why is it coming back? is it possible that thi sis die off? Im so frustrated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It likely is related to die off and detoxing. If you support your liver and detox the toxins via other methods (such as sweating them out in a hot tub, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, or even hot bath) this should reduce the rash.

-raster

RYANCREST
    Participant

raster;42114 wrote: It likely is related to die off and detoxing. If you support your liver and detox the toxins via other methods (such as sweating them out in a hot tub, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, or even hot bath) this should reduce the rash.

-raster

THANK YOU

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

RYANCREST;42105 wrote: so I have been strict on the diet. eating only meat and vegetables. cooking with coconut oil.

Hello, Ryan.
    What kind of meats are you eating and how often?

Where did you get your protocol and diet?

RYANCREST
    Participant

Able900;42116 wrote:

so I have been strict on the diet. eating only meat and vegetables. cooking with coconut oil.

Hello, Ryan.

salmon and some organic chicken adding chicken was a big deal to me because i don’t eat meat normally.
    onions garlic, peppers,and coconut bread from your recipe. I eat only organic.
    the probiotics and candicid were prescribed by my naturopath. she wanted me to only do this for 3 weeks. but because of this forum i decided to stay on it longer.

RYANCREST
    Participant

Able900;42116 wrote:

so I have been strict on the diet. eating only meat and vegetables. cooking with coconut oil.

Hello, Ryan.

also, I noticed that i didn’t have this until i started adding the coconut bread to my diet. I think Im eating too much of it. but its the only thing that keeps me full. the first time i made the coconut bread which was last friday, I had diarrhea the next day. (I had eaten like six slices)
    I had a lot yesterday too, and then I saw the rash. I did notice that after I took a hot bath, the rash went away. I dont want to give up the coconut bread because at least it is helping me keep weight on which is hard for me and more importantly helping me feel full!!! I cant stomach buckwheat. and I dont want to add any grains if I dont have to. so its either coconut bread or be hungry constantly

RYANCREST
    Participant

Able900;42116 wrote:

Hello, Ryan.

I noticed there are a few other people on the forum who had reactions to the coconut bread. I guess I better lay off of it. for now just to be safe. looks like it’s just meat and vegetables for me!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

RYANCREST;42119 wrote: also, I noticed that i didn’t have this until i started adding the coconut bread to my diet. I think Im eating too much of it. but its the only thing that keeps me full. the first time i made the coconut bread which was last friday, I had diarrhea the next day. (I had eaten like six slices)

Hello, Ryan.
    I would try making the coconut bread recipe but instead of using coconut flour, use Bob’s Red Mill oat bran. If the rash continues, then you’ll know it isn’t the coconut flour. But if the rash stops, then you’ll still have something filling to eat on the diet.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try out some different breads instead of coconut bread. I also would examine whether the eggs cause the rash or not.

-raster

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I eat a loaf of coconut bread every two to three days. Today I just made it with no eggs and just added more oat bran. Also I eat the buckwheat bread but I feel like that cause me a little more digestion issues. I’m hungry 24 7 so I try and eat what I can that won’t feed the yeast

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

RYANCREST;42119 wrote:

Hello, Ryan.

also, I noticed that i didn’t have this until i started adding the coconut bread to my diet. I think Im eating too much of it. but its the only thing that keeps me full. the first time i made the coconut bread which was last friday, I had diarrhea the next day. (I had eaten like six slices)
    I had a lot yesterday too, and then I saw the rash. I did notice that after I took a hot bath, the rash went away. I dont want to give up the coconut bread because at least it is helping me keep weight on which is hard for me and more importantly helping me feel full!!! I cant stomach buckwheat. and I dont want to add any grains if I dont have to. so its either coconut bread or be hungry constantly

Finally, I hope this forum is up and running again. I have had so many problems logging in the past few days!!!! =0 Actually, Ryan, I decided to back off the coconut, too. I have really been narrowing down my flours lately. At first, I thought it might be the millet or buckwheat, etc. Actually, it is the coconut. For some reason, I start to get digestion issues, headaches, brain fog, etc. right after I eat it. I didn’t put the connection together till a few days ago. So, now I am sticking to millet or buckwheat. Cream of buckwheat makes a good cereal in the morning. Also, I think since the coconut bread is so high in fiber, it might react with my gastroparesis, 2 tbsp. is 6 grams of fiber. Now, I can handle like 3g of fiber in a 1/4 cup of millet. It is hard to pin-point sometimes. Also, like Able said, I added in oat flour this past week, and I found that I can handle that! Yeah!!! One last point, yes, I found too many eggs can bother me. I can eat them, but I am sort of limiting them right now, or try not to put too many in recipes, just the whites, or more water/liquid. Too many eggs in some recipes; try to make substitutions. I hope this helps!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

For some reason, the coconut flour bothers me too 🙁 I can do other flours and other coconut products though…who knows?!

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Yeah, I have felt a little better not doing the coconut flour this past week. Ryan, I forgot to tell you, Able mentioned on the diet that rice bran is allowed. I can never find in the store, but I did buy it off of amazon. I found I can handle a little bit of that every now and again in a some recipes; I just put about 20-25% of the flour in there to recipes, like it says, too. Just thought I would throw that out there. Nobody every talks about that on the forum too much. It is hard to find!

Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

Able900;42331 wrote:
    I would try making the coconut bread recipe but instead of using coconut flour, use Bob’s Red Mill oat bran. If the rash continues, then you’ll know it isn’t the coconut flour. But if the rash stops, then you’ll still have something filling to eat on the diet.

The Nutiva’s coconut flour that I bought, lists 3g of sugar in it. Just wondering if that is enough sugar to be concerned about. Perhaps the members who are effected by eating the coconut bread, also used flour containing this minute amount of sugar.

With Bob’s Red Mill oat bran, I didn’t see the phrase ‘gluten-free’ on the packaging label, like I saw on a package of Bob’s Red Mill Whole Grain Oat Flour (Gluten-Free). I called the company, and was told that oat products are naturally gluten-free. However, for those oat products that aren’t listed as gluten-free, they are usually contaminated with gluten either by growing near gluten grain crops, or by processing in a facility where gluten grains are milled on the same equipment as the oat grains.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

3 grams of sugar isnt anything concerning since we need sugar to survive however make sure it says gluten free on the bob mill’s oat bran. I made the same mistake for two months. It can take 6 months to a year to recover even if sensitive to gluten. The digestive track take a long time to get the inflamation down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Coconut bread recipe causing symptoms to return?!’ is closed to new replies.