Coconut Bread obsession

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Bread obsession

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mirandajb 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mirandajb
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I was wondering how many servings are in the coconut bread recipe listed on the website. I began a stage 2 diet about seven days ago and all I want to eat is this bread. I can eat about half a loaf in a day…I feel like I’m eating it to make up for the carbs missing in my diet. Should I be limiting my serving size. She said in the recipe ‘you can eat as much as you like’ but this is still pretty carb-y if you eat a lot of it..I think. Any comments? Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You likely need it but I would try to mix it up and eat other sources of carbs while on the diet. There are lots of good ones to use to replace stuff you normally would eat. For instance, buckwheat groats are a good rice replacement. Rutabaga is a good potato replacement. Maybe make some kefir teff bread and this will be a powerful prebiotic/probiotic combination. You could also make teff tortillas and make wraps, its popular where its from in africa.

-raster

mirandajb

Thanks Raster- I will look up recipes for kefir teff bread and teff tortillas. Please share any that you really like. I have never tried teff- I realize that it is never good to eat too much of any one food but for some reason I can’t stop craving the coconut-buckwheat bread. I think it’s because this is my first time eating it- hopefully I will get sick of it soon because I am eating it faster than I can make it! I love rutabaga but did feel the die off right away and was exhausted- but keep eating it because I’m happy it is effectively killing the candida.

On another topic..-although I keep reading about how coconut oil products are anti-fungal, I don’t experience any die-off symptoms from them…is that normal?

mirandajb

Also- I see most injera recipes call for active yeast- is that ok for candida?

http://cooknhook.blogspot.com/2012/04/injera-experiment-1.html

http://chefinyou.com/2010/02/ethiopian-injera-recipe/

mirandajb

I found a yeast-free dairy free recipe that looks great!!:
    http://www.citylifeeats.com/2010/07/12/thank-you-teff-kefir-flatbread-vegan-gluten-free/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry too much about the yeast in the bread unless you are allergic to yeast…nutritional yeast should actually feast on the candida…

-raster

mirandajb

Ok- I will try the yeast-less recipe just to be on the safe side. I do love nutritional yeast as a condiment…I didn’t know either that was allowed on diet. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Bread obsession’ is closed to new replies.