Coconut bread encrusted chicken

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Coconut bread encrusted chicken

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

Just made this tonight and it was aaaamazing.

I saved the crumbs from the pan from the last 2 loaves of coconut bread that I made and threw them in a ziplock bag. I threw those (about 2 or 3 tablespoons I guess) on a pan and broiled on low until they were dried and then threw them in the magic bullet so they were finely ground.

1 organic egg beat up and put on a big plate, 1 other big plate for the coconut bread crumbs.

I made 1 butterflied organic chicken breast (I tenderized it first with a mallet) and seasoned with himalayan seasalt and pepper and basil and cilantro. I let the chicken soak in the egg for about 5 minutes then breaded the chicken breast and threw it in a hot pan with olive oil.

Sauteed on medium high heat for about 4 minutes each side, then turned off heat and let sit covered for another 5 or so.

Ate it with lots of fresh lemon juice and organic mustard (Posted about it in the dips section).

It was definitely the tastiest thing I have eaten in the past 2 weeks haha.. and I have enough for another day or 2 left from the chicken breast. (yay!)

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Sounds wonderful! I will start saving up my crumbs! lol 😀
    Thanks again
    Lauren

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

do it, lauren 🙂
    let me know how you like it (and if you like the mustard as much as I do!)

samkg223
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

what recipe do you use to make your coconut bread?

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Wishnhope,
    It was wonderful!!!! It is my new favorite recipe. I used dill instead of cilantro and added garlic to spice the chicken. The type of coconut bread I used has rosemary in it. It is a more savory type of bread instead of sweet. Thanks to ever posted adding spices to the bread to make it savory. Wishnhope thanks so much for all the great recipes. My husband and I loved it!
    Thank you,

Lauren

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coconut bread encrusted chicken’ is closed to new replies.