Coconut bread

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Coconut bread

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rroy 5 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I tried the coconut bread for the first time today and am just looking for confirmation that I did it right after following the recipe on this forum. The measurements were a little confusing when listing cup sizes as the question arises as to what size cup is used in the recipe. Sorry if this sounds like a criticism because it’s not intened to be.

Anyway the outcome of my effort was as follows. I felt that the taste of olive oil was a little overpowering and I may have to reduce the amount when I try again, my main question is

What should the texture be of the finished bread?, mine was more of a sponge texture and had little semblence of the texture associated with normal bread, what should it be like.

On a similar note because it is accepted that coconut flour is acceptable on the candida diet does the same apply to Coconut Milk?

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

First time I made the bread, I added 1/4 cup water to the recipe Able posted as it was too thick to spread neatly in the pan when I made it. It gave the bread more moisture, but the taste wasn’t to my liking.

Second attempt I used coconut oil instead of olive oil, 1/2 cup of water, and 5 eggs instead of 6 as the first bread tasted too egg-y. It came out much better than the first batch, more cake-like. If you add a bit of cinnamon and stevia (or erythritol or xylitol) it would make a good treat.

Coconut milk is great for the candida diet, just make sure it has no harmful additives or added sugar and is organic. Adding 1/4 to 1/4 cup of coconut milk will definitely add richness to the taste.

Don’t expect this bread to mirror other breads in texture. It needs additional nut flours or other gluten-free flours to add to the mix to give it that look and taste.

I’ve decided to stop almond flour until I’m several months in the candida diet, but I know it would definitely add to the taste. I’ll be tweaking the coconut bread recipe each time I make it, if I come up with a good result I’ll post it in the recipe board.

cintrix
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Can you write the exact recipe for me again? Thank you

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

cintrix wrote: Can you write the exact recipe for me again? Thank you

The recipe can be viewed on the following post.
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm4342_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx#post4342

cintrix

Thank you so much! But..what if I don’t have bread maker?is there any other method?
    Can I ask you an other recipe? Pumpkin muffin bread..

Able900
    Spectator

cintrix wrote: Thank you so much! But..what if I don’t have bread maker?is there any other method?
    Can I ask you an other recipe? Pumpkin muffin bread..

You don’t need a bread maker at all, just follow the instructions.
    All of the recipes are in the “Recipe” section of the forum.

cintrix

I can’t still find the pumpkin muffin bread..I found the pumpkin pie, is it the same?
    Thank you for all the suggestions..you’ve made my life better 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

ganeshagro
    Replies: 4

Coconut milk is great for the candida diet, just make sure it has no harmful additives or added sugar and is organic. Adding 1/4 to 1/4 cup of coconut milk will definitely add richness to the taste. Nice recipe. It is delicious. Thanks for this recipe.

kkasper
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I baked a loaf of coconut bread yesterday for the 1st time. I followed some of the pointers on the forum and reduced the eggs to 5 and added a little coconut milk, cinnamon and stevia. It was very moist. I last ate bread on Nov. 29 – the day I saw my doctor with the test results. LOL

4erika
    Replies: 1

Well, I did the first loaf as per the instructions on the website and it was inedible…I was literally choking from the dryness, nevermind the taste.

So I revamped the recipe and it was much better this time around. My diabetic brother in law actually liked it.

1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    5 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    12 stevia packets…not sure how much is in each little package

350 degrees for 32 minutes

jesss2
    Replies: 4

4erika;9507 wrote: Well, I did the first loaf as per the instructions on the website and it was inedible…I was literally choking from the dryness, nevermind the taste.

So I revamped the recipe and it was much better this time around. My diabetic brother in law actually liked it.

1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    5 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    12 stevia packets…not sure how much is in each little package

350 degrees for 32 minutes

Okay so I tried this recipe, although I reduced the stevia to 4 packets, and i made an AMAZING (seriously, FREAKING AMAZING) discovery.

The bread is good on it’s own, it’s really nice and moist and has the texture of a cake which is just what I was looking for rather than bread to toast. I don’t really like the taste of the stevia though so I think I will leave that out next time.

THEN, last night I sprinkled some cinnamon on it and had it with a mouthful of COYO (COYO is a dairy free, heaps of things free, coconut yogurt that was recommended to my by my integrative medicine GP who prescribed me the candida diet, it fights the candida itself with and it quite tasty, not sure if it is available outside of Australia.) The bread, cinnamon and COYO all together tasted DEVINE! like some kind of proper dessert like a coconut pudding or cheesecake, it was amazing and I’m so excited about it and I just had to share, I hope some of you will have the chance to try it!

Larosa

The recipe I have used and it is great on its own (I didn’t even use ANY stevia) is as follows:

Coconut Flour Bread

Ingredients
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
    1/2 cup full cream can of coconut milk (use only the creamy part on the top, about half the can)
    5 eggs
    2 Tbsp. coconut oil
    1/2 tsp. sea salt
    1 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
    Stevia, to taste

Preparation
    Blend together the eggs, coconut oil, stevia and salt. Now add the coconut flour, coconut flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder, and whisk until you don’t see any lumps. Pour into a loaf pan greased with coconut oil and bake at 175C (350F) for 30 minutes. Now the top of the loaf should be firm and a light golden color, and you can remove from the oven and allow it to cool. To liven up the taste a little, try adding some lemon zest.

This bread is great if you are expecting a plain tasting bread rather than something sweet like a banana bread would be. It’s very moist and not too dense.

rroy

I can’t eat eggs (allergy from leaky gut) and so I’m trying to alter this recipe for that. I end up with a bread that isn’t cooking in the middle. I’m just wondering if anyone else has done a vegan version of it successfully.

The first time I did it, I used all flax “eggs”.

This time I tried 2 flax “eggs” and 3 egg replacer “eggs”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Coconut bread’ is closed to new replies.