Coconut and Lime

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut and Lime

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  whyitsme 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

momof2peanutz
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

I am new to this.. Are we allowed shredded, unsweetened coconut? I see recipes posted that call for coconut milk. So it’s okay to use shredded coconut and coconut flour? Also, are we allowed lime juice?

Thanks,
    Morgan

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

momof2peanutz wrote: I am new to this.. Are we allowed shredded, unsweetened coconut? I see recipes posted that call for coconut milk. So it’s okay to use shredded coconut and coconut flour? Also, are we allowed lime juice?

Thanks,
    Morgan

Hi morgan,

Shredded unsweetened coconut and coconut milk or flour as long as the milk has any sugar or any other additives to it are fine!

Lime im not so sure, i use lemon quite often, actually every day and it doesnt hurt me but thats just me.

Cheers

Diane

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Yes coconut is your friend.(unsweetened)It’s a natural antifungal, so eat lots of it, and use coconut oil as well. I also use coconut milk occassionally.

Limes and lemons are also approved.

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

momof2peanutz wrote: I am new to this.. Are we allowed shredded, unsweetened coconut? I see recipes posted that call for coconut milk. So it’s okay to use shredded coconut and coconut flour? Also, are we allowed lime juice?

Thanks,
    Morgan

I was reading another post written by Able and this is what he had to say about lemons:

” By the way, you mentioned lemons; lemons are an alkalizing fruit. They work well in the beginning as a cleanse, but when the diet is started I would leave them alone or have them sparingly. After taking fairly large dosages of probiotics for a week or two and the antifungals have been started, I see no problem with introducing lemon water”.

momof2peanutz
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Thanks very much Diane and whyitsme.

I was also wondering if we can eat carob powder at the beginning, as well.

Interesting that carob and coconut are naturally sweet but don’t necessarily increase yeast? Also, stevia. Is this allowed in the first few weeks?

And just as a general question, wondering if yeast like stevia and if not, why they don’t.

Thanks, all..

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

you can use stevia nad xylitol. Stevia is an herb, may be why doesn’t effect yeast. I don’t know about carob, but haven’t seen it anywhere on all the diet lists. I do use unsweetened cocoa though and add stevia.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coconut and Lime’ is closed to new replies.