coconut allergy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions coconut allergy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dusty
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 3

Just wondering has anyone else had a bad reaction to coconut oil or products? I felt amazing yesterday- haven’t felt that good in weeks actually, i drank some coconut milk last night- and when i woke up i had super bad brain fog, felt tired ect. Did my morning detox- including oil pulling, detox tea, skin brushing, some herbs ect. The feeling went away.

after i showered i put some tea tree oil and some coconut oil on my psorasis- which has almost gone away, noramlly i just use tea tree but my skin was pretty dry so i thought id use oil. About 5 mins later i noticed the psorasis had spread considerably- kinda reminded me of poisen ivy how fast it spread, i also had eaten some coconut oil earlier, about an hour later i started to feel really shitty- so it seems like a pretty obvious coconut allergy, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this- i’m pretty certain it’s not die off-especially because of what it did to my skin, it’s damn frustrating to feel awsome one day- then all of a sudden be right back where you started and feeeling like shit, although i’m sure many of you are used to the roller coaster of health that is fighting candida

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I have it to the coconut protein, which is in the milk. it’s not in the oil. I eat the oil.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its likely the antifungal properties of the milk and the oil that are making you feel bad and not necessarily allergies. Also the coconut milk is highly inflammatory to the gut and when the gut gets inflamed, you’ll have a ton of symptoms typically.

-raster

dusty
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 3

Thanks for the speedy replies, so raster are you saying that it’s just likely that it is just die off, and that people are almost never allergic to coconuts? does this mean i should stay away from coconut milk for now because it is inflammatory? I think i might just stay away from coconut until i heal a little more, i’m a little confused on how i could distinguish between it being a coconut allergy and just die off, I was thinking i could wait a couple weeks and then try again and see if i have a similar reaction

my gut leaks, could you please tell me how you figured out you were allergic to the protein?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be an allergy but I put money on die-off, especially if you are beginning this…

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

when one has an intolerance to a food, I believe it is the protein one is reacting to – like gluten/gliadin, eggs, casein in milk or the one in coconut. I was fine with the oil, but kept reacting to coconut milk or flakes or coconut butter. the oil is the only one w/o the protein. a google search was how I figured it out – and lots of reading of other peoples’ blogs confirmed it. try the oil by itself and see if you react. if you don’t, you’ll know it’s the protein. I react to milk, soy, wheat, peanut, eggs 🙁 lowering candida doesn’t seem to help these reactions. I hope in time, with chelation and fermented foods, I can reintroduce them – but I doubt it. however, it did reduce my reactions to other foods, mainly veggies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘coconut allergy’ is closed to new replies.