clueless doctors?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions clueless doctors?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CandidaDefined 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

whiteowl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

This site is so valuable.

even though the forum seems a little touchy technically speaking as far as logging in and posting…..lol

I am a little unsure of what I have been dealing with but I have nothing to lose with trying the cleanse and then the strict diet. I have been researching and planning for about a month now. I was having problems registering but thanks to Able for replying to my e-mails and sending me the diet. There is a boatload of good information on this site. When I first started researching my head was spinning from conflicting information as far as what is allowed and what is not. I decided to start the cleanse next Thursday, this is a 5 day break from work so I won’t have to worry about being 100% for work and will know how to deal with whatever reactions by the time I have to return to work. Also taking the time to do some extra research and wean myself off smoking, mountain dew, and milk as these are serious addictions for me, that way my body will not go into any severe withdrawals. I do have some questions and some opinions to ask.

1. I have been reading that zeolites are a better alternative to bentonite clay although more expensive for detox because it is better at attaching to toxins and carrying them away from your body and prevent reabsorption. Any thoughts?

2. Also read this “Most people are low in minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, sulfur, phosphor, sodium, iron. In order to detoxify, you need alkaline minerals. An important role of calcium is to aid in detoxification; it is an alkaline mineral and will “catch” the toxic acids that your body releases. If the acids can’t be “bound” because your body lacks (alkaline) minerals, the chance is high that you will feel seriously ill during your detox, that your body refuses to release the toxins, or that your body re-absorbs the released toxins again. Suggests you stock your body up on these minerals before a detox. Makes sense. Thoughts????

3. Need some specifics on oil pulling with coconut oil, most I see are in solid form and not in “oil” form, so how do I swish that around in my mouth?? What brand and kind is the best to get?

4. I plan to drink lemon water, take native remedies detox drops, and candidate as well. If I take the detox drops, would the daily detox drink be overkill?

5. Say I get a migraine headache, take Aleve, or deal with the headache?

6. There was a post on here about soaking tampons in “melted” coconut oil. Are we microwaving the coconut oil to melt it orrrrrrr….am I missing something? In regards to the soaking a tampon in yogurt as well, what brand plain yogurt is best? Am I doing one and the other every other day orrrr is there a specific schedule to follow?

A little about my story. In 2010 I had an impacted wisdom tooth, was given Clindamycin. Had tooth removed, was given another anti-biotic. Yay me! Next thing I know I have C-diff caused by the clindamycin. For those of you who don’t know this is pure hell until you get rid of it. I was then given another anti-biotic called metronidazole, of which I ended up on a few rounds to get rid of the c-diff. Then, Yay me! No c-diff but what is up with my mouth?!? Thrush….candida…yay …..I was given nystatin; it seemed to go away….a little. Difflucan….same thing….fluconazole….same thing….I was then sent to an ear nose throat doctor who swabbed my mouth in which it came back with a rare candida strain. She said she did not want to over treat and wanted to send me to an ID…..are you kidding me? I didn’t go because it seemed like the further I went in with doctors the more screwed up I was kidding “cure one thing just to cause another with their “treatments”.” Therefore, I wait it out. It would seem doctors don’t know diddly about diddly and I wonder what the point is sometimes. You go to one who says this, you go to another who says something completely different, and I really like the ones who don’t bother doing actual tests and just make assumptions and actually will treat you without doing tests.

Anyway, my other problem is in the female area, odor, and discharge. I go to the doctor she said BV, get another darn antibiotic, okay fine apparently don’t have BV anymore but still have discharge and a strong odor. I go back to the doctor, all tests negative, I leave confused, pissed, upset because I have no solutions and no answer. I say screw it and go back a couple months later. This time I am told it is a yeast infection and am prescribed an anti-fungal. IT seems to wane but then comes back. I go back to the doctor and leave with another wave of an anti-fungal, it wanes but comes back this time with a vengeance, thicker discharge, and I cannot get over how strong the smell is! I go back to the doctor, all tests negative, no yeast infections, no bv, nothing! WTH! How can the symptoms be basically the same every time I go into that damn doctor’s office but the diagnosis be different every time!

I then go to the dentist about my mouth, I figured they would do a test on my mouth. But no they actually look confused about what it looks like and start saying things like “burning mouth syndrome”, “geographic tongue”, yada yada yada. Dentist says it does not look like conventional thrush. Thing is my mouth never looked like that until I had thrush, so it makes sense to me that I have lingering symptoms of thrush, don’t you think? Doctors piss me off. Don’t just look do the freaking tests!

Anyway I hope all this planning and researching I am doing will be effective. At any rate I will no longer be a smoker and will have a healthier diet, so I have nothing to lose.

sweetsunny
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I feel for you, really I do because I have had issues with all the Dr’s I’ve seen as well and had to diagonose myself awhile back. One thing that happened to me was my tongue was white for so long that if turned into a fungus and it ran through my blood stream, so think about maybe this has happened to you, you never know.
    One Dr. I saw regarding my neck pain gave me steroids one time and I told I didn’t want to take them because they promote yeast, so he prescribed me a one time dose of an antiobiotic that actually fights yeast off, so maybe ask for something like this when you go back to see the Dr. Sometimes you have to be firm with them and tell them what you need instead of waiting for them to tell you because many Dr’s do no believe in candida in the intestines. In fact I had one Dr.laugh at me who told me that yeast can only live in wet areas, either the mouth or vagina and wanted to do a pap smear on me and I had no problem with a yeast infection in my vagina at all. He said there is no way that yeast can live in the intestines. Well ever since then I felt like I was on my own and have controlled my candida myself with my diet and food choices. I’ve lost 35 bs so far.
    And as far as the coconut oil? I have bought coconut oil from my chiropractor and it is in solid form but you can warm it up to melt it into an oil plus you can cook with it as well and it melts just like normal oil. Never heard of the tampon thing so I have no advice on that one. But try cooking with the oil and even eating raw coconut, it is supposed to help. Also garlic and onions help alot as well. I did most of my researcn on the internet and hopefully you can find what will work for you.

Good luck 🙂

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Hi,
    I’m just beginning my treatment. I’ve been going for about 35+ days. I’ve had a rough go with doctors too. It’s so frustrating. This forum has been excellent for me.

I’ve answered some of your questions below in BOLD 🙂

whiteowl wrote: This site is so valuable.

even though the forum seems a little touchy technically speaking as far as logging in and posting…..lol Agreed on both counts 🙂

I am a little unsure of what I have been dealing with but I have nothing to lose with trying the cleanse and then the strict diet. I have been researching and planning for about a month now. I was having problems registering but thanks to Able for replying to my e-mails and sending me the diet. There is a boatload of good information on this site. When I first started researching my head was spinning from conflicting information as far as what is allowed and what is not. I decided to start the cleanse next Thursday, this is a 5 day break from work so I won’t have to worry about being 100% for work and will know how to deal with whatever reactions by the time I have to return to work. Also taking the time to do some extra research and wean myself off smoking, mountain dew, and milk as these are serious addictions for me, that way my body will not go into any severe withdrawals. I do have some questions and some opinions to ask.

1. I have been reading that zeolites are a better alternative to bentonite clay although more expensive for detox because it is better at attaching to toxins and carrying them away from your body and prevent reabsorption. Any thoughts?

2. Also read this “Most people are low in minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, sulfur, phosphor, sodium, iron. In order to detoxify, you need alkaline minerals. An important role of calcium is to aid in detoxification; it is an alkaline mineral and will “catch” the toxic acids that your body releases. If the acids can’t be “bound” because your body lacks (alkaline) minerals, the chance is high that you will feel seriously ill during your detox, that your body refuses to release the toxins, or that your body re-absorbs the released toxins again. Suggests you stock your body up on these minerals before a detox. Makes sense. Thoughts????

3. Need some specifics on oil pulling with coconut oil, most I see are in solid form and not in “oil” form, so how do I swish that around in my mouth?? What brand and kind is the best to get? Coconut oil is really touchy, so it depends on the temperature. I usually buy it in solid form but by the time I get home it’s liquid. (I live in Vegas) I used Coconut oil as a deodorant, so I have it in a sprayer and most mornings I have to put the bottle in hot water to get it back to liquid before I can spray it out. Anyway as far as eating it. I usually just take a spoon of the solid stuff and put it right in my mouth. I haven’t heard about swishing it so I might be doing it wrong. I also purchased coconut oil in pill form… however, I’ve gotten used to just eating it straight.

4. I plan to drink lemon water, take native remedies detox drops, and candidate as well. If I take the detox drops, would the daily detox drink be overkill?

5. Say I get a migraine headache, take Aleve, or deal with the headache? I’m curious about this as well. I’ve taken it a few times during my treatment, never thought it would cause any issues… Good Question!

6. There was a post on here about soaking tampons in “melted” coconut oil. Are we microwaving the coconut oil to melt it orrrrrrr….am I missing something? In regards to the soaking a tampon in yogurt as well, what brand plain yogurt is best? Am I doing one and the other every other day orrrr is there a specific schedule to follow? What? Can doing this really help?

A little about my story. In 2010 I had an impacted wisdom tooth, was given Clindamycin. Had tooth removed, was given another anti-biotic. Yay me! Next thing I know I have C-diff caused by the clindamycin. For those of you who don’t know this is pure hell until you get rid of it. I was then given another anti-biotic called metronidazole, of which I ended up on a few rounds to get rid of the c-diff. Then, Yay me! No c-diff but what is up with my mouth?!? Thrush….candida…yay …..I was given nystatin; it seemed to go away….a little. Difflucan….same thing….fluconazole….same thing….I was then sent to an ear nose throat doctor who swabbed my mouth in which it came back with a rare candida strain. She said she did not want to over treat and wanted to send me to an ID…..are you kidding me? I didn’t go because it seemed like the further I went in with doctors the more screwed up I was kidding “cure one thing just to cause another with their “treatments”.” Therefore, I wait it out. It would seem doctors don’t know diddly about diddly and I wonder what the point is sometimes. You go to one who says this, you go to another who says something completely different, and I really like the ones who don’t bother doing actual tests and just make assumptions and actually will treat you without doing tests.

Anyway, my other problem is in the female area, odor, and discharge. I go to the doctor she said BV, get another darn antibiotic, okay fine apparently don’t have BV anymore but still have discharge and a strong odor. I go back to the doctor, all tests negative, I leave confused, pissed, upset because I have no solutions and no answer. I say screw it and go back a couple months later. This time I am told it is a yeast infection and am prescribed an anti-fungal. IT seems to wane but then comes back. I go back to the doctor and leave with another wave of an anti-fungal, it wanes but comes back this time with a vengeance, thicker discharge, and I cannot get over how strong the smell is! I go back to the doctor, all tests negative, no yeast infections, no bv, nothing! WTH! How can the symptoms be basically the same every time I go into that damn doctor’s office but the diagnosis be different every time!

I then go to the dentist about my mouth, I figured they would do a test on my mouth. But no they actually look confused about what it looks like and start saying things like “burning mouth syndrome”, “geographic tongue”, yada yada yada. Dentist says it does not look like conventional thrush. Thing is my mouth never looked like that until I had thrush, so it makes sense to me that I have lingering symptoms of thrush, don’t you think? Doctors piss me off. Don’t just look do the freaking tests!

Anyway I hope all this planning and researching I am doing will be effective. At any rate I will no longer be a smoker and will have a healthier diet, so I have nothing to lose.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘clueless doctors?’ is closed to new replies.