Clearing up infections before methylation support?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Clearing up infections before methylation support?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SueSullivan 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

A quick question for you, Tdog33, if you’re around: I am thinking I need to back off on the simple methylation protocol I began about a week ago b/c in my reading about chronic fatigue, I have come across several references to root canal infections causing CF symptoms and I likely have one. I had put off dealing with it because the symptoms were episodic and started flaring badly just before I became aware of my squamous cell carcinoma, which I needed to deal with first.
    I’m now in process of confirming the infection with a scheduled CT scan but I’m thinking I should back down from the methylation supplementation in the meanwhile, as I’ve been suffering pretty pervasive brain fog/fatigue in the last week or so, since a few days after starting to take B Right, methylfolate, methyl b12 and dibencozide. I thought at first I was experiencing some detox (and may well be) but I’m now thinking I should get the infection confirmed and resolved before I try to boost methylation. I think you or Impossible had posted that it’s important to clear up digestive disorders first, and I’m assuming the same would apply for systemic infections as well.
    tia,
    Sue

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Yes clean up any infections you have first, heal your gut as best as you can. Methylation will exasperate any inflammation you have. I would find another B-Supplement when that B-Right runs out. If I remember correctly it has a mix of folic acid and quatrefolic. Some people believe that folic and folate compete for reception and can cause paradoxical folate deficiency.
    O.N.E Multivitamin by pure encapsulations works well I just take 1/2 pill every other day.
    From what I’ve read it seems like people who have the most symptoms in the beginning when taking methylation supps generally have the best results from them. You do have to be careful that start-up symptoms are not something else though. I think beating down any existing infections you have first is the best idea.

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

Thanks for the encouraging words, Tdog, and the recc on a mixed B supplement. I am out of B-Right (which I got after reading about it on Eric’s website, I think it was initially recommended by Fredd, but protocols are always evolving and I think Eric’s post was a year old or more).

I have felt much, much better since dropping the B vitamin protocol a day and a half ago. It was really kicking my butt. I will get back to it once I’ve resolved what I now hope is a root canal infection. I’ll restart slower, though. It’s funny, I didn’t have a dramatic initial reaction to the Methyl b-12, methylfolate and dibencozide, but over a period of some days, the fog/fatigue kept building. I’ll need to remember that and titrate more slowly when I restart.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Clearing up infections before methylation support?’ is closed to new replies.