Clearing up confusion about baking cocoa

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Clearing up confusion about baking cocoa

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hey, everyone. I keep seeing this question come up and/or seeing comments regarding baking cocoa on the posts. My understanding is that baking cocoa is **to be avoided** on the anti-candida diet, not just because of the added sugar in processed chocolate, but because of the caffeine naturally present in the cocoa bean. Unsweetened baking cocoa doesn’t have sugar (which is good!) but it **does have caffeine** (which is bad, bad, bad). That little bit of caffeine is going to be feeding your yeast, off-setting the wonderful job you’re doing avoiding other yeast-feeding foods.

So, just say no to cocoa 🙂

Carob powder is completely sugar and caffeine-free, something you could possibly try to experiment with and learn to enjoy.

Just hoping to clear up confusion and help others to keep that Candida dying 🙂

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I saw something in a health food shop (well website) that had carob in it and wasn’t sure what it was. All these ‘alternative’ foods are new to me. Apart from the carob I think the other ingredients were ‘safe’. I need to go back and check what the item actually was now as been hoping to find a snack of somekind that is quick and easy to eat if you’re out and about! Hoping it’s some kind of health food ‘bar’ 🙂

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Lily wrote: I saw something in a health food shop (well website) that had carob in it and wasn’t sure what it was. All these ‘alternative’ foods are new to me. Apart from the carob I think the other ingredients were ‘safe’. I need to go back and check what the item actually was now as been hoping to find a snack of somekind that is quick and easy to eat if you’re out and about! Hoping it’s some kind of health food ‘bar’ 🙂

Hi, Lily. Please let us know what it was that you saw. Like you, a lot of us need a ‘quick’ snack, especially when out.

Thanks, Max

Lily

Hi guys unfortunately when I went back and checked a couple of things I had seen that I thought were ‘safe’, they aren’t. One has sugar in and the other brown rice syrup which when I checked has lactose and glucose or something in. Still on the lookout but a ready made snack bar is looking unlikely. Unless it was pure coconut which would be good

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

Hi Lily,
    I know this isn’t that helpful, but I was reading (in shape magazine) about this new website elementbars.com where you can design your own bar and they send you a case, I messed around with it for awhile and it seems like there might be some options for stage 2/3 (like you I’m on stage one, so it seems far off). Anyway, I’m getting bored with my food as well, I may try making my own bars, if I do (and if they aren’t awful) I’ll let you know!

Lily

I’m actually starting to feel sick with eating the same/similar foods all the time! If I see another omelette I may well throw up! Even though I’ve only just survived the first week of detox I may have to introduce SOMETHING different into my diet and see what happens. If I react then back to the way it was but I’m also drinking less now too as so sick of herbal tea and water. I need a really varied diet and that includes fluid. I desperately miss coffee and black tea! Going to start experimenting with the odd thing and see what happens. I’ve had one week of VERY strict detox and anti fungals (they have another week to go). Wait and see time!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Clearing up confusion about baking cocoa’ is closed to new replies.