cleanse & dizziness – how to eat enough calories?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions cleanse & dizziness – how to eat enough calories?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Wiley200 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

missjones
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi,
    This is the second time I have started the cleanse, (I’ve now purchased the book, and feel more confident in what I should be doing.
    I’ve also got oral thrush which clears but after eating eggs my tongue becomes coated again, so without eggs, I’m finding it difficult to eat enough on the cleanse.
    I feel extremely dizzy and light headed.
    So far I’ve managed to eat cauliflower, swede, leeks, 1.5 avocados, cucumber, and lemon juice.
    I’m already underweight and I don’t know how to increase the calories, if I started the cleanse over a week ago and have stuck to the basic plan, but then I added in carbs too as I felt the same. Is it ok to shorten the days of the cleanse to two?
    I have seen on other plans that 1-2 days is suggested.
    Today is day 2 of the cleanse.

Please help & send suggestions, I don’t like many vegetables, and I don’t have access to a butchers over bank holiday to get bones to make bone broth which made the cleanse last time easier (vs dry veg)

Many thanks,

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

The initial cleanse is optional, so you can skip that if you’re finding it too difficult. Or at least add in some healthy proteins like chicken or sardines. It shouldn’t be stressful on your body – that’s not the point at all.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

I’m doing the stage 1 part of the diet for the third time and I only survive by adding hemp and chia seeds to avocado shakes for breakfast. I’ve tried eating eggs but I find I’ve developed an intolerance to them and they make me feeling like throwing up, which makes this part of the diet very hard. I’m on day 6 and probably won’t make to day 7 without adding nuts and grains

missjones
    Participant

I ended up in the walk in A&E centre on Saturday, I was given the candida diet by a nutritionist, and bought this plan as a more in-depth programme to understand the diet and what to eat etc. (i’m already underweight)
    I have spoken to another nutritionist as I really felt I was getting even more ill! and she has advised me not to follow this plan, as it is too restrictive, I have felt like passing out so often and was struggling to eat my targets calories due to the limited carbs.
    Also I have found out my candida has established as i have low levels of beneficial bacteria which isn’t able to support my gut & fight off infections, I also have a parasite, but also been told that by eating no sugars it doesn’t actually kill off the candida as the gut it probably in a worse condition due to not eating nutrients of fruit and other veg and carbs etc, and I need to alter the conditions of my gut for beneficials to thrive and then they will fight the candida naturally.
    If you haven’t already, i would seriously recommend doing a stool test to find what is going on with your gut and address those issues πŸ™‚
    But i have been told they arent surprised I have candida when looking at my low IgA, and low beneficials.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Seriously don’t keep on it if you feel bad, I did that through trying and i’ve been even worse than I was before starting the diet… and had to go to hospital. πŸ™
    Good luck x

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Texan is right – you’re not following the plan correctly. It’s not designed as a weight loss plan at all. Lisa makes it clear in the book that you shouldn’t be losing lots of weight during the plan. And if you find yourself losing too much weight, then you should adjust the plan to fix that.

If you’re underweight already, then it’s pretty obvious that a more restricted diet is going to cause problems. I’m not sure why you started restricting your calories in the first place, given that you’re underweight?

missjones
    Participant

i wasnt on it for a weight loss plan, my nutritionist gave it me to help fight candida, she knew my weight and my situation, so I followed it, I don’t know how to eat 1700 calories on the plan as I was full up with the veggies, i asked advice from the nutritionist which I didn’t recieve. I wasn’t losing weight on the plan, but feeling light headed and dizzy.
    I had already lost weight the year before hand, and only recently started the plan.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

It’s important to eat some carbs found in whole foods such as buckwheat. A very low carb diet is likely to make things worse.

StormySeas
    Participant
    Replies: 2

I keep reading that too that it’s not healthy not to eat carbs – it can make things worse.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I keep reading that too that it’s not healthy not to eat carbs – it can make things worse.

That’s my experience.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

I think the point is that she is trying to follow the first part of the Lisa Richards diet – a 7 day cleanse with the only carbs being provided by vegetables, buckwheat/quinoa etc banned for this stage. I think this should come with a warning that people who underweight shouldn’t even attempt it. But you are right that in the long term giving up or cutting down severely on carbs is not sustainable.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

The initial cleanse is 3-7 days in the book. There is a section called something like “how to make sure you aren’t hungry,” which explains how to calculate the calories you need to maintain your weight. So if you read the book, most of this is actually covered already..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘cleanse & dizziness – how to eat enough calories?’ is closed to new replies.