Cleanse and workouts!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cleanse and workouts!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lynzijoy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hello!
    I just started the cleanse stage…honestly, don’t feel well. Nauseated and a really bad headache and it’s been less than a day :-(…I’m not a wus, honest! I haven’t had a whole lot to eat today, but I don’t think I could eat anything else right now and keep it down.

Is this normal?

My other question is, I lift weights (heavy weights) three days a week and play roller derby twice a week (with practice lasting two hours)…I’m worried that this veggies only diet will leave me with no energy to complete my work outs and have me totally dying at practice…any suggestions? Should I shorten this cleansing phase and just jump into the strict diet?

Appreciate your help!!
    Lindsey

p.s.– This is what I’ve had to eat today:

Detox drink: Water, Now3 fiber supplement, liquid bentonite clay

Dinner: Artichoke, mashed cauliflower with coconut oil and garlic

-Been snacking on cucumbers, green beans, and celery

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Your body is used to getting a lot of sugars and carbohydrates. Sugars and carbohydrates provide plenty of energy, and they provide it quickly because the body can directly (sugars) or almost directly (carbohydrates) burn the food for fuel.

Now you suddenly starve your body from this source of energy – from the very source of energy that has always been available, and to which your body has gotten used.

Your body will eventually use other sources of energy. There are ways in which your body can convert other biochemicals into glycogen and then into sugars to fuel the cells. But it will take time (at least two weeks, possibly longer) before all of your systems have made the transition.

During this time, you will experience a lack of energy – because that’s what it really is. Your old source of energy (sugars and carbohydrates) has dried up, a new source of energy must be used now, but the conversion process is not yet up to speed – thus an enormous lack of energy.

After a while, the other processes will be up to speed, and your body will create its own sugars rather than relying on your (now virtually non-existent) sugar intake. You will then have more energy than now.

You may, however, never experience the same feeling of strength and endurance you have grown used to. The new processes that your body must develop, even when they are finally fully up to speed, will never be able to provide the same amount of energy per unit of time as the old processes.

The headache, however, may be caused by something else. You may be having an electrolyte disbalance. If you drink too much water your electrolytes will be too low, if you eat or drink too many supplements your electrolytes will be too high. From your description I cannot judge whether your electrolyte intake is too high or too low, or even if the electrolytes are a likely source of the headache. You might experiment a bit to see what helps.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Your headache is likely a die off symptom. It’s normal to feel weak. If the headache becomes more intense you should cut back or cut out the garlic and coconut oil. Many people find that they can get die off symptoms from the diet alone at first, without even introducing antifungals.

You really should consider taking time off from working out to give your body a chance to fight the candida. Your treatment time will be shorter if you let your body rest and focus on healing.

good luck!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Nausea/headache/etc can all be from die off.

You will probably have to back off from all of the physical activity for awhile 🙁 I had to quit my show choir and dance classes temporarily, but I’m hoping to get back into my choir for this summer (for reference – I’m on day 71). It’s just a sucky bummer but it comes with having candida…it’s like any other chronic illness…you have to focus on healing and giving your body lots of rest and nourishment :p

Lynzijoy

Sadly, time off from work is not an option nor is time off from derby…could a person really have die-off symptoms after less than a day? I was thinking perhaps it was some kind of bug or something causing the headache…I’ll wait and see what happens, but I will for sure focus on getting as much rest as possible. Thankfully, most nights at work are calm and fairly restful 🙂

Thanks for the advice!!

Lindsey

Lynzijoy

Floggi;37051 wrote:
    Your body is used to getting a lot of sugars and carbohydrates. Sugars and carbohydrates provide plenty of energy, and they provide it quickly because the body can directly (sugars) or almost directly (carbohydrates) burn the food for fuel.

Now you suddenly starve your body from this source of energy – from the very source of energy that has always been available, and to which your body has gotten used.

Your body will eventually use other sources of energy. There are ways in which your body can convert other biochemicals into glycogen and then into sugars to fuel the cells. But it will take time (at least two weeks, possibly longer) before all of your systems have made the transition.

During this time, you will experience a lack of energy – because that’s what it really is. Your old source of energy (sugars and carbohydrates) has dried up, a new source of energy must be used now, but the conversion process is not yet up to speed – thus an enormous lack of energy.

After a while, the other processes will be up to speed, and your body will create its own sugars rather than relying on your (now virtually non-existent) sugar intake. You will then have more energy than now.

You may, however, never experience the same feeling of strength and endurance you have grown used to. The new processes that your body must develop, even when they are finally fully up to speed, will never be able to provide the same amount of energy per unit of time as the old processes.

The headache, however, may be caused by something else. You may be having an electrolyte disbalance. If you drink too much water your electrolytes will be too low, if you eat or drink too many supplements your electrolytes will be too high. From your description I cannot judge whether your electrolyte intake is too high or too low, or even if the electrolytes are a likely source of the headache. You might experiment a bit to see what helps.

I haven’t had much in the way of supplements, water intake has been normal for me, but I’m thinking since I’m not eating any carbs or sugar that my electrolytes are low…what does one do about that? More salt? More veggies??

Thanks so much!!!
    Lindsey

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I had a headache the first day, though the one on the second day was much worse :p It gets worse, then eventually better!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We do not recommend working out while on the diet but certainly not while on the cleanse. You need to rebuild your immune system and not muscle mass, so basically the working out will drain your energy and resources you need for healing.

What are you taking to protect your liver and kidneys from die-off toxins? If you don’t protect these organs, you will have to heal them at a later time and could lengthen your recovery…

Also, you can get die-off after 1 day on the diet and if you get it this soon, this means you have a gut flora imbalance.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over candida overgrowth.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cleanse and workouts!’ is closed to new replies.