citrus fruit, not getting sleep, sinus swelling, lots of questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions citrus fruit, not getting sleep, sinus swelling, lots of questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

Hi there
    I am in the process of working through the restricted diet as much as possible. My question is around lemons and limes and broccoli? I only found out about my condition after an onset of allergies which began with an allergic reaction to an orange (coughing and swelling tongue) That was back in September, Following this I had a swelling ear reaction to brown pasta and then to a piece of raw brocolli, I also had under eye selling to Melon and beans and I was having severe body itching to wheat and breaded products. Since then I have been working on this diet on phase by phase as I learned more and found a doctor to work with.

November
    – gave up all sugars in November (apart from bananas) Gave up wheat, At this stage when I cooked with garlic, my throat would react – it would go very tight and felt like a big lump in it, also when I tried a pro-biotic yogurt my mouth reacted and felt agitated and weird.

December
    – gave up bananas, brown rice and oat products, pork and caffene and started a high strength Acidophilus probiotic in December (still was eating lots of potatoes though and sourdough rye bread), switched to organic foods as much as poss

January
    – gave up all gluten and reduced carbs right down to one small bowl of (quinoa,millet, buckwheat) for breakfast, started nystatin, garlic and coconut oil in cooking, re-introduced probiotic natural yoghurts, Gave up alcohol completely (but only had three or four gin and tonics over Christmas)

February
    Trying to reduce red meat content but have a family I cook for which needs a varied diet also. Started a vitamin c supplement, Have been increasing nystatin with strong die off results so had to stop, restart and reduce a few times, baked one loaf of coconut bread, started oil pulling for oral thrush but the effects were too strong – became very tired fatigued and achy, crampy….

I generally eat:
    – small bowl of good grain for breakfast
    – salad and org egg or turkey for lunch
    – lots of veg and meat for dinner

treats are almond or hazelnut butters – but tend to binge on these
    -coconut flakes – tend to binge on these too
    -probiotic yoghurt with small amount of sugar free cornflakes
    -1 piece of carob the very odd time
    -kettle crisps or popcorn – once a week

drink loads of herbal teas and water

My symptoms since I started the nystatin are varied and ongoing but I think I feel a lift in my mood and anxiety and I feel my immune system must be building up again etc….
    However I still seem to have sinus swelling a lot of the time to a lot of good foods even sometimes after a cup of just boiing water ?
    Also I had a few days of doing black poops!
    My menstrual cycle this month is way off – (but I have lost 2 stone in 3 months)
    and I can be very gassy from below !
    My teeth often feel like there is a residue I cant brush off easily – is this the yeast?

Do I just keep going as I am ???
    Also with the reaction to the orange which was scary at the time- do I stay away from the lemons and limes because they are citrus ?
    I also want to incorporate as much veg as poss – so do I try the broccoli again? This one was weird because I can eat loads brussel sprouts and cabbage no problem ?
    I tend to eat a lot of cabbage – raw white cabbage, purple cabbage and cooked green cabbage – I find it very filling and love it sauteed with onions butter and coconut oil – but is this too much – does it cause gas ?
    Also I started going to a sauna and afterwards I find that both my sinus s’ (cheekbone area – I call it my saddlebags) swell up bad – is this a good thing or a bad thing???
    I suppose my major obvious symtoms at this stage are my sinus reactions but they seem to be reactive to a lot – even the weather !
    Also I had a lot of reactions last week when I had increased the nystatin, started oil pulling and also started eating the coconut bread – I had bad cramps which were a first?? Do you think this was a mix of all theses things or was I not ready for the coconut bread yet ??
    I have a toddler and ten month old baby who does not sleep through the night so I am pretty tired and a husband who travels for weeks at a time, will this lack of good rest and ongoing tiredness hamper my progress ??

Thank you in advance for reading and answering, I have been reading this forum for a while and find it very useful. I have found this whole process quite an ordeal of ups and downs but I am trying to be positive and look forward with Big Hopes to a healthier future!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

All of your food allergies would lead one to assume that you’ve contracted Leaky Guy Syndrome because of the Candida infestation.

Trying to reduce red meat content but have a family I cook for which needs a varied diet also

The forum has many members who are wives and mothers who must cook for their family every single day, yet they are able to remain steadily on the diet at the same time and work towards healing their infestation. So these ladies are proof that it can be done.
    The one common thread that we see most often from new members on the forum is that their story shows us that most of them seem to be under the impression that some factor of their particular story somehow makes them different from anyone else who has suffered from Candida; this probably happens with 99% of new members in the beginning. And the quicker they lose that mindset, the quicker they’re going to cure their infestation.

Started a vitamin c supplement, Have been increasing nystatin with strong die off results so had to stop, restart and reduce a few times, baked one loaf of coconut bread, started oil pulling for oral thrush but the effects were too strong – became very tired fatigued and achy, crampy….

This is die-off symptoms which means that the Candida are dying, a good sign actually, but you definitely need to control the die-off effect since this is basically a ton of Candida toxins such as aldehydes entering and damaging your body. To continue with the treatment and control die-off at the same time, read the following post.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

I still seem to have sinus swelling a lot of the time to a lot of good foods even sometimes after a cup of just boiling water ?
    My menstrual cycle this month is way off – (but I have lost 2 stone in 3 months)and I can be very gassy from below !
    My teeth often feel like there is a residue I cant brush off easily – is this the yeast?

All of the above are symptoms of Candida, meaning that you could still have a Candida infestation in your body.

Also with the reaction to the orange which was scary at the time- do I stay away from the lemons and limes because they are citrus ?

Of course it’s possible that you may be allergic to oranges, but the likely reason that you reacted as you did is the high sugar content.
    An average orange contains 23 grams of sugar, but there are only 1.5 grams of sugar in one average size lemon. So now you know why you don’t need to be eating oranges or any fruit other than lemons and limes. Drinking lemon or lime water once or twice a day is a good way to cleanse your body. However, keep in mind that you can be allergic to lemons or limes, so when you start using either one, use only a very small amount of juice the first few times.

However I still seem to have sinus swelling a lot of the time to a lot of good foods even sometimes after a cup of just boiling water?
    My menstrual cycle this month is way off – (but I have lost 2 stone in 3 months) and I can be very gassy from below!

All of the symptoms above could represent a Candida infestation.

Also I had a few days of doing black poops!

There are several possible reasons for black stools.
    Are you taking an iron supplement? Or is iron in the multi-vitamin you’re taking? Unabsorbed iron salts cause a black stool. Temporary black stools can mean that you have blood in your stool.
    Dark or black stools often refer to mucus-type plaque, which is an accumulation of toxins in the intestinal mucus which is then expelled. As it passes through the colon, the toxins are re-assimilated back into the body; this can also explain any fatigue. This mucus plaque is not die-off but it is a cleaning effect which is normally a good sign.

treats are almond or hazelnut butters – but tend to binge on these
    small amount of sugar free cornflakes
    1 piece of carob the very odd time
    kettle crisps or popcorn – once a week

Combined, the practices above can keep your infestation going indefinitely.
    The protocol that members generally follow is below: you would benefit from reading it.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

Thank you Able for your response I appreciate your frankness. I just see that red meat is on the general list of foods on the main site here – so was confused.

I’m happy to hear the info on the black stools and I feel instinctively that its the clearing process that you referred to so that is encouraging.

In the meantime if anyone has any info on whether the sauna causing sinus swelling is good or bad then that would be great.

Regarding the orange – I think it may have been an orange that had been sitting around so may have been about to go moldy – would this have had more of an effect?

Also does the coconut bread continue to work as an antifungal or is it just that it is okay to eat as a non feeding candida food ?

thanks again

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

bighopes wrote: In the meantime if anyone has any info on whether the sauna causing sinus swelling is good or bad then that would be great.

A sauna is always good when you’re experiencing die-off.

Regarding the orange – I think it may have been an orange that had been sitting around so may have been about to go moldy – would this have had more of an effect?

Definitely.

Also does the coconut bread continue to work as an antifungal or is it just that it is okay to eat as a non feeding candida food?

The main reason for coconut flour bread being on the diet is, first of all it’s a safe and nutritious food for the diet, and second, people using it are less likely to lose too much weight during the treatment which is often a problem.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘citrus fruit, not getting sleep, sinus swelling, lots of questions’ is closed to new replies.