Citric Acid. Is it Acid or Alkaline?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Citric Acid. Is it Acid or Alkaline?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  smurfie 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I have severe intolerance to citric acid, and it is sometimes tricky when I live with people that wants to use cleaning products that contains this ext. I have heard that citric acid is actually alkaline, but to me it doesn’t seem that way?
    It seems that it helps to drink mineral water, which is alkaline when I feel I start getting sick from it. So I’m just curious if anyone knows?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Lemons are alkaline so its alkaline.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Citric acid, as its name implies, is acidic.

Any pH test will show that it really is acidic. Very acidic, in fact.

Your intolerance, however, is probably not to the “acid” part of the citric acid, because many food components are acidic. It is much more likely that your intolerance is to the “citric” part of the citric acid.

Rabelais

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Thanks for the replies. Yes I wonder also if it’s the intolerance that bothers me or the acidic part, but it might be the intolerance.

I think it have been really aggravated before because some citric oils that has been used and spilled on towels, and from there it became a problem in the washing machine, and then the shower has washed with some organic a citric acid soap and I’ve a had big problems fixing these things so that they’re «usable” again. So I have tried assign baking soda to make it more alkaline, but that wasn’t a good idea either because I seem to be intolerant to this also.

In my experience using organic natural products sometimes isn’t a good idea, because of intolerants. I don’t want to aggravate an intolerance even more or develop new once.

But anyway, getting these things neutralized is so difficult! Does anyone know how I could do it, so that things around me would stop making me sick?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Citric Acid. Is it Acid or Alkaline?’ is closed to new replies.