citric acid

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions citric acid

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

I’m into week 2 of the cleanse…was feeling better until i made a huge batch of broccoli soup that included garlic that was preserved in citric acid. i’m wondering how much this may be impacting the cleanse? also i couldn’t find butter on the list of acceptable fats online… but the cleanse kit i purchased (includes bentonite, caproil and psyillium with probiotics to take before bed) says butter is ok. which is correct? thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Carla. Welcome to the forum.

None of the forum members take psyllium as it isn’t always safe. Read this post for a safer cleanse.
    Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Butter is a dairy product; all dairy products feed the Candida, that’s why it’s not on the list. A product called “ghee” is on the list in the category “OTHER FOODS (after two weeks of the diet)” which is the butter substitute.

You said you were feeling better “until” you ate the soup with citric acid. How did you feel afterwards?

Able

carla mc

began the cleanse in the hopes that it would help my upper belly/gastric ulcer symptoms..(and many more-that’s just the one that stepped it up.)the cleanse i bought was the same one that worked a few years ago-but didn’t take it very seriously then back then! since i’ve always had yeast infection flare ups with easy resolution (diflucan, probiotics) i didn’t think i had to find the resolve to eat differently though…and the yeast kept coming back, lately in my mouth, tongue/throat. (getting a gastroscopy soon to check and make sure it’s nothing more sinister.) the first week of the cleanse was almost easy-the cravings weren’t so bad.but…this week(just before menstruating) there’s been painful gas,more constipation and bloating in addition to yummy mouth film and the dreaded genital itchies.aargh! glad to find lots of online support…but feeling a little overwhelmed by the financial burden of investing in a whole new way of eating. it’s hard not to get obsessive about food-because it almost seems like i need to…?

Able900
    Spectator

Carla;

You don’t need to be obsessive about the diet. All you need is to know exactly what will feed the Candida. Just go by the allowed foods list and you shouldn’t have a problem with the diet. Also, I don’t see such a difference in the cost of vegetables and the tons of junk food and sodas that the average American consumes in a month’s time.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

carla mc

thanks! i know, there’s bound to be bumps in the road and all that…but feeling a bit discouraged at this latest flare up when i thought i had been doing well. being a vegetarian makes it a bit more challenging-could easily eat 4 eggs a day (craving protein!) and have been having brown rice, kidney beans, butter, almonds, pumpkin seeds&sunflower seeds too…trying to keep weight on, get rid of that ‘thick’ tongue feeling! the kit i purchased sort of promises a three month cure…is that unrealistic? eating better/changing habits is like a positive investment in ourselves! how to keep motivated thru it though? it’s been kind of fun playing in the kitchen more-maybe everyone says that?

Able900
    Spectator

carla mc wrote: i have been having brown rice, kidney beans, butter, almonds, pumpkin seeds&sunflower seeds too…trying to keep weight on, get rid of that ‘thick’ tongue feeling! the kit i purchased sort of promises a three month cure…is that unrealistic?

It’s totally unrealistic the way you’re presently eating. Several items you’re eating are not on the allowed-foods list – in fact, everything you named.
    Go by the list on the link I posted and you’ll be fine.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want to be serious about getting better, I would cut out the following items:

Brown rice
    Beans
    Almonds
    Seeds
    Butter

Brown rice contains starch and small amounts of sugar. Beans contain starch.

Almonds and seeds contain molds which will set back any recovery.

Butter is dairy and feeds the candida.

What kind of probiotic are you taking? Any other supplements?

I’d go ahead and return the clay and psyllium husks.

The mouth symptom you are mentioning is known as oral thrush. Please check out the oral thrush post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst734_ORAL-THRUSH.aspx

-Raster

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Able – just wondering what your thoughts on citric acid are? I can’t find a direct answer in your responses here. I have a jar of olives here in olive oil but then when I read the small print they have citric acid and ascorbic acid in them. I have another jar with just water and salt… but is this amount of salt ok? I preume it’s not himalayan?!

Able900
    Spectator

Lucylu wrote: Able – just wondering what your thoughts on citric acid are? I can’t find a direct answer in your responses here. I have a jar of olives here in olive oil but then when I read the small print they have citric acid and ascorbic acid in them. I have another jar with just water and salt… but is this amount of salt ok? I preume it’s not himalayan?!

I guess you’re right, Lucy. Sorry about that. The reason I don’t talk a lot about citric acid is because most people hear the words “citric acid” and all they see or think of are fruits, but you can’t compare the effect of citric acid on Candida yeast with effect of fruit on the yeast. I hope this is clear to everyone. And I probably should have taken time long before now to explain the effect of citric acid on the Candida fungus. So since I’m finally doing that, I’ll also post this under the subject of “Citric Acid Effect on Candida.”

Citric acid (C6H8O7) is exactly what the words infer; the component which causes the acidic nature of citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, lines and grapefruit. Citric acid can also be used as a natural preservative as well as adding a sour-like taste to drinks and other foods. For commercial use, it can be derived through the fermentation of carbohydrates or from the juice of citrus fruits and used in the preparation of the citrates and in flavorings, foods and drinks.

If you’ve read the posts I’ve written on the effect of acids on a Candida albicans infestation, then you know that I advocate creating an acidic environment in the intestines and colon in order to successfully address a Candida infestation. But the problem with introducing citric acid in its natural form is that these fruits, for the most part, also contain huge amounts of sugar which makes the fruit a perfect food for the Candida, allowing them to thrive and grow in numbers. In fact, sugary fruit can actually cause an over-alkalized environment for the Candida to enjoy. So you can see my problem with citric acids in their natural form.
    On the other hand, lemons & limes, unlike most other citric fruits, contain very low amounts of sugar. In addition to this, they contain a particularly high concentration of citric acid, making them both a good food source for a Candida treatment.
    If the areas of the body that are normally acidic, such as the skin, are maintained in an acidic state, then the Candida is kept in its harmless yeast state. If there’s a yeast problem present on the skin, a diluted acid spray can be applied to skin in order to lower the alkalinity of the skin and to maintain the proper acidic pH. Citric acid is safe, and you can make a spray using about 1/4 teaspoon of powered citric acid to 16 ounces of water and use to restore the proper skin pH. As a general rule, if human skin becomes too alkaline, then skin problems and skin diseases normally occur at that time.

NOTE: If the skin is raw or broken, the acid is going to be irritating and will burn, so it’s best to allow these raw spots to heal before using the acid.

Let me know if this doesn’t explain the effects of citric acid on Candida, as well as abstaining from the use of most fruits to obtain the acid.

As far as the olives are concerned; it isn’t the ‘salt’ that can be a problem, Lucy, it’s the possibility of it being regular table salt in which case it probably contains Dextrose. If it did, you would likely see a Candida reaction eventually – depending on how much was consumed.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thanks Able… very interesting.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘citric acid’ is closed to new replies.