Chocolate Chip peppermint Kisses – Needs to be revised for the diet

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Chocolate Chip peppermint Kisses – Needs to be revised for the diet

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

This is a recipe that I am trying to change for the diet. The recipe is from a small book called Gluten Free Recipe; the author is unknown. I am posting it here if anyone has suggestions, ideas, or wants to try it out before me. Disclaimer :cacao is not approved on the strict diet. This is for those who do not have reaction to it.

2 egg whites
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cups sugar (change to xylitol or stevia)
    1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (change to cacao nibblets)
    5 hard peppermint candies finely crushed (Change to Sweetleaf peppermint flavored not sure how much to use)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla (change to alchol free vanilla extract)
    2 to 3 drops red food coloring (omit)
    Chocolate sprinkles (omit)

1) Preheat oven to 200 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    2) Beat egg whites and salt in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until stiff, but not dry. Gradually add sugar (xylitol); beat 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
    3) Gently stir in chocolate chips (cacao nibblets), crushed candies (peppermint stevia, and vanilla extract. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
    4) Place cookie sheet in oven; turn oven off. Let stand in preheated oven 45 minutes or until dry and crisp. (Do not open oven). Kisses may be left overnight to dry. Store in airtight container.

Thanks
    Lauren

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Is that 3 or 4 cups of sugar/stevia, or 3/4 of a cup of sugar/stevia? If it’s the former, then that’s far too much. Even so, we should be limiting the amount of stevia we consume as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I agree, its best to limit how much stevia you have in your diet.

-raster

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

It is 3/4 cups not 3 to 4 cups. I was going to use less then this but that makes sense that it might still be to much. lol I was just excited about the possibility of a new recipe. Thanks M and Raster for the reply. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate Chip peppermint Kisses – Needs to be revised for the diet’ is closed to new replies.