Chitinase?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

I’ve read that Chitin Inhibitors are the latest potential remedy for a thorough Candida cleanse and the theory sounds very plausible.

I have decided however that I will not be going as far as to order any (I think it’s Lufenuron the substance used) as a) it’s not proven to work on humans (the theory has been proven to work on pets and it’s also used in gardening as a pesticide) and b) it’s not regulated.

That’s not to say that I don’t think it works on humans, it’s just that I’m not prepared to be a guinea pig and try it until substantial evidence can defiantly prove to me that it’s OK which will probably never happen.

So after reading into it a little further it sounds as though the enzyme within the body used to break down Chitin is called Chitinase and can be found in some foods although mainly fruits unfortunately.

Now I’m going to presume that all of the Chitinase containing fruits are off the agenda but as far I can tell that does still leave us with:-

Potato
    Tomato
    Celery
    Avacado
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Legume
    Cinnamon
    Mint

Does anybody know of any other Chitinase containing foods? How much Chitanise is in these foods, if any? How much Chitinase is required daily to break down Chitin?

I’m guess I’m trying to establish whether it’s in anyway plausible to replicate the effects of Lufenuron as naturally as possible.

Thanks

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

*bump*

I’m also interested in this.
    What about Bob Red Mill’s Oat Bran? I thought it contains chitinase too?
    What about other brands?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Chitinase?’ is closed to new replies.