Children?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  salexander 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dr G
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,
    I’m new on Day 3 of detox.
    Two years ago my son was born, prior to his birth I was given 6 rounds of antibiotics by IV for 24 hours. Ever since I’ve had gastric side effects that indicate Candidates so I figured it was worth a try.

My question is not regarding myself but my son. He also received all of those antibiotics. he had oral thrush and diaper rash for the first time at 3 weeks old and its been a battle ever since. he has been diagnosed A-topic an asthma ezcema child. In just 2 years he’s had 10 rounds of antibiotics, 12 rounds of prednizone, and a few rounds of nystatin as an infant. He appears to have a weak immune system dispute being a thriving little boy in all other ways.
    I know his flora must be out of wack but I couldn’t possibly put him on a diet like this.

He drinks commercial kefir daily for the last year, has taken Bio gala probiotic drops on and off and is now on reuteri.

Ideas?

Dr G, that’s PhD.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Dr G,
    I am sorry to hear about your sons digestive issues. Great job with the keifer! I have heard of probiotics to give babies. I don’t know what a good brand would be and I cant remember where I saw them before. I might have been in an alternative doctors office. Renew life makes a great brand for children but they are chewable tablets. I think they are more for 2 year old and up but you might still want to look into it for later on. I would suggest talking to a doctor before starting anything. I am sure an integrative doctor in your area might know of something that would be good for your son.

Website for children probiotics:
    http://www.renewlife.com/buddy-bear-probiotic.html

Website to find a doctor:
    http://www.acamnet.org/site/c.ltJWJ4MPIwE/b.5420171/k.76F0/Integrative_Medicine_From_ACAM__the_voice_of_integrative_medicine.htm

Hope this helps! I think your son has a fantastic father or mother that is willing to do research to make him better 😀
    Lauren

Lauren

Dr G, haha I just realized you might be a doctor. If you are ignore the getting a doctor part. 😀
    Never mind you put PHD lol

Dr G
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the reply.
    I’m Mum.
    I have a PhD in Molecular Biology so doing “medical research” is my job. Sometimes that means that I’m not very respectful of MDs unfortunately, who I don’t think do enough research or are not willing to open their minds.
    My son’s Drs talk up the probiotics but to be fair to them controlling his asthma has been everyones priority.
    But now its “under control” with daily Corticosteroids I feel the need to try and re-balance his system to help him stop getting all these infections in the first place.

He’s taking the reuteri brand of probiotics for kids with a 3 million count.
    He’s off milk due to some lactose intolerance, he eats tons of fruit,live yogurt,kefir, is good with veggies especially broccoli, but doesn’t care for meat, so we need pasta, cheese, crackers purely for calories!

We don’t eat processed food, almost 100% wholemeal when it comes to pasta and bread and we always eat brown rice, quinoa, couscous etc.
    So its not like we have an intrinsically bad diet to begin with.

Don’t know how to go abaout finding an MD Dr with an open mind.

Lauren

Dr G,
    Sounds like he is on a pretty great diet! What a great mother you are :D.
    I agree that it is very hard to find a doctor with an open mind but there a few out there we just got to keep searching for them 😀
    Lauren

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Dr G wrote: My question is not regarding myself but my son. He also received all of those antibiotics. he had oral thrush and diaper rash for the first time at 3 weeks old and its been a battle ever since. he has been diagnosed A-topic an asthma ezcema child. In just 2 years he’s had 10 rounds of antibiotics, 12 rounds of prednizone, and a few rounds of nystatin as an infant. He appears to have a weak immune system dispute being a thriving little boy in all other ways. I know his flora must be out of wack but I couldn’t possibly put him on a diet like this.

The following are a couple of older posts that concern children and Candida.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1230_My-2-yr-old-vs-Candida–Help.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1095_Protocols-for-Children.aspx

He drinks commercial kefir daily for the last year, has taken Bio gala probiotic drops on and off and is now on reuteri.

It’s wonderful that he’ll drink the kefir. Is this homemade or commercially purchased? The kefir should definitely help his flora population.

How many different strains of bacteria do the probiotics that you give him contain?

Will he also eat unsweetened Greek yogurt and sauerkraut? What about a lot of green vegetables?

And is he drinking regular cow’s milk? Coconut milk is an alternative as well as almond milk.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Dr G wrote: Hi,
    I’m new on Day 3 of detox.
    Two years ago my son was born, prior to his birth I was given 6 rounds of antibiotics by IV for 24 hours. Ever since I’ve had gastric side effects that indicate Candidates so I figured it was worth a try.

My question is not regarding myself but my son. He also received all of those antibiotics. he had oral thrush and diaper rash for the first time at 3 weeks old and its been a battle ever since. he has been diagnosed A-topic an asthma ezcema child. In just 2 years he’s had 10 rounds of antibiotics, 12 rounds of prednizone, and a few rounds of nystatin as an infant. He appears to have a weak immune system dispute being a thriving little boy in all other ways.
    I know his flora must be out of wack but I couldn’t possibly put him on a diet like this.

Ideas?

Dr G, that’s PhD.

Hi,
    It is really sad when we read about a child suffering since early in life.
    Since you are in the medical field, you may do research about Fecal Transplants.
    Take your time, and evaluate this possibility for him. You might find a healthy donor close to his age. The donor have to be screened for everything to be sure that the risks are minimum. I deeply believe in the power of human microbacterias to recover the gut flora. In fact, I believe it is the only one method that works very fast and restores the indigenous flora. There already are some clinics in US doing this procedure. If you want to wait more time trying to modulate his flora with food, it is ok. At least, you know this is a viable option that you can use if the things don’t return to normal.

I wish him the best and a complete recover,
    Jorge.

salexander
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 32

Dr G,
    How are things going with you and the little one? I have a 4 year old and almost 3 year old who are dealing with candida overgrowth and many food intolerances (not sure which causes which). Interested in what you have been doing with your little one and how it is helping. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Children?’ is closed to new replies.