Chicory

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CandidaDefined 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

I just received my chicory. It’s actually pretty good. I don’t have it mixed with any coffee… I just add some almond milk. I even added some ice. It’s just too hot in Vegas for hot beverages.

Anyway, my question is how many times a week, should I drink this? I don’t mind it, but I don’t necessarily love it. Whatever is best for the treatment.

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can drink it everyday or pretty much as often as you want. Its a prebiotic meaning it feeds the beneficial bacteria and probiotics in the gut.

-raster

CandidaDefined

Thanks. I actually added some almond milk and ice and it was even better. I love it.

raster wrote: You can drink it everyday or pretty much as often as you want. Its a prebiotic meaning it feeds the beneficial bacteria and probiotics in the gut.

-raster

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

When people on here talk about chicory, are they referring to ground chicory root? Or is there an actual chicory “coffee” product on the market that people are buying?

CandidaDefined

I purchased ground Chicory Root from Nuts.com. The price wasn’t that bad at $6.99 per lb, but the shipping was a little high at $10. Although I maximized it by ordering a few other things. It didn’t bring up the shipping by that much.

My friend is from New Orleans and he swears by Chicory/Coffee blends. I figured I’d try it without coffee first, and see how that goes. I really like it, and I don’t see any reason to add coffee if I don’t need it for taste. Especially decaf.

I was thinking about adding fresh peppermint tea to it. (Also purchased from Nuts.com) I wonder if adding a fresh ground Hazelnut would be good. I don’t really enjoy eating them, but I really like the flavor in stuff.

M wrote: When people on here talk about chicory, are they referring to ground chicory root? Or is there an actual chicory “coffee” product on the market that people are buying?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One problem with almond milk is that its made from almonds which are a dried food item and contain molds. This can set back your treatment unless you soak or roast the almonds beforehand to reduce the amount of molds. We don’t recommend eating nuts and seeds until you are basically symptom free or can tolerate how they make you feel.

-raster

CandidaDefined

Dang it.. Thwarted again 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chicory’ is closed to new replies.