Chicken Stir Fry

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CT 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

This is a meal that I make often. It is one of my husband favorite. I don’t have exact measurement because I just add spices by smell and how flavorful I want the meal to be.

-2 Chicken breasts diced into approx 2 inch cubes
    -Ginger
    -Garlic
    -Cinnamon
    -Salt
    -Pepper
    -Ground mustard (I use to use this but now I don’t because I not on the list of stuff we can use)
    -Vegetables (I change this up depending on what I have and what I feel like eating. My favorite combination is red and yellow peppers, onions, celery, snow pea pods, and asparagus. I don’t have a problem with peppers but you can always not use them and add broccoli instead or another vegetable. )
    -Olive oil

Cut chicken and spice with salt, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and garlic. Personally I am light on the cinnamon and heavier on the ginger and garlic, but use what ever combination and amount that you prefer. Heat a little bit of olive oil in wok or skillet, just enough to barley coat the pan, and cook chicken. Keep adding spices as you are cooking the chicken to ensure the chicken gets a nice flavor. While it is cooking you can smell the spices and decided it you need to add more of a certain spice. At least that is what I do 😀 Once chicken is almost done remove chicken and place it in a bowl. You will add the meat back in once the vegetables are done.

Add some more olive oil to wok or skillet and add vegetables. I usually add pepper and onions in first since they take longer than the rest of the veggies. Spice the vegetables and cook them for about 5 minutes. I then add the celery and asparagus and add more spice. When the vegetables almost look cooked I add the snow pea pods and chicken back in. Snow pea pods do not need long to cook. Check chicken to make sure it is done.

Eat and enjoy!

Sorry that I don’t have exact amounts because I just add with out measuring. Hope you like it.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

If you’re okay with sesame oil, you should try stirring in a tablespoon or two just after you turn off the stove. It’s an easy way to get a Chinese-ie flavour and it’s really tasty! It’s just hard to find one that isn’t refined.

Lauren

Javizy that is a creative idea. I am not a fan of sesame oil and I am avoiding it for the time being but I am sure many people will love that idea!

In the past I would use Braggs Liquid Aminos as a soy sauce since this is allowed on many candida diets guidelines. It is not fermented or heated, gluten free,and has no sugar. However, I did not see it on the approved list here. Is it because there is 100mg of crabs? Because that the label say it is zero percent of your total crab intake in a day. If anyone can answer why they think this product is not good that would be great!
    Either way I love this recipe with or without the Braggs so it does not matter to me. Just curious.

Bragg Liquid Aminos contains:

no chemicals
    no artificial coloring
    no alcohol
    no preservatives
    no Gluten
    Certified NON-GMO

Thank you,
    Lauren 😀

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Coconut aminos have been discussed as acceptable on here. You should be able to find them in the US. The Braggs one has quite a lot of naturally occurring MSG. I believe soy sauce and other condiments do as well though (maybe the coconut aminos too), so I dunno what to read into it, but MSG is definitely best avoided. I did post a link to an article about the Braggs one. I think there were other issues with it too…

Lauren

Thanks Javizy,
    I will try to see if I can find coconut aminos acid. Soy sauce has gluten in it so we for sure cant use that. Also all other condiments have white vinegar in them so we cant use them at all. The only difference I see from what is outlined here for condiments and what other doctors have told me is that we can have regular aminos acids. I was also told that we can have apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemons and limes, which are also on the acceptable list here as well. Thanks for the reply I will look more into it. 😀
    Lauren

element
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Hello,

Do you have any idea how to make a thicker sauce for the stir fry? Prior to this diet, I used some oyster sauce and a tiny bit of flour to make a gravy like glaze. I have yet to figure out how to accomplish this since I cannot use coconut flour at this point in my diet.

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

element wrote: Hello,

Do you have any idea how to make a thicker sauce for the stir fry? Prior to this diet, I used some oyster sauce and a tiny bit of flour to make a gravy like glaze. I have yet to figure out how to accomplish this since I cannot use coconut flour at this point in my diet.

Unfortunately flour is the only way I have managed to thicken any sauces. You could concentrate on making the water mixture you use with a stir-fry have a better flavour by making your own vegetable stock. Basically involves saving all your old vegetable peelings and using onion and stewing it for a while, check the internet for recipes.

Also use lots of spices and fresh herbs to overpower the watery taste.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chicken Stir Fry’ is closed to new replies.