Chicken Sausage! (Also turkey/buffalo/lamb if you can find it)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Chicken Sausage! (Also turkey/buffalo/lamb if you can find it)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It is allowed. Try to get some freshly made stuff and nothing that is packaged with preservatives and other junk. Be wary of ones with unusual spices.

Boil 15 minutes. Grill in frying pan with a little olive oil.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I’m not sure what you mean by sausage. Is it a large roll that you slice off… or thinner like frankfurters? Do you get them from the deli section of your supermarket or from your butcher? Sounds like a great lunch option!

raster
    Participant

It is meat packaged in an intestine (I think).

This is what I am talking about:

http://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/chicken-sausage-apple-slaw-recipe-7330.jpg

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh right! That would be a very handy lunch option. But don’t most sausages have a filler or rusk in them? I buy gluten free pork sausage without rusk for my coeliac son (but obviously don’t eat them myself!). Also – I presume the chicken in thes wouldn’t be organic? I’ll take a look and see what I can find.

raster
    Participant

The ones I buy at my store are organic and have various herbs such as garlic, oregano, sage, etc. They are made freshly that day usually.

The packaged stuff contains poisons such as preservatives so try to get the fresh stuff!

I have never had sausage with rusk in it as far as I know. You can look at the ingredients before you purchase as well.

Sausages are called chorizo in spanish speaking countries.

-Raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chicken Sausage! (Also turkey/buffalo/lamb if you can find it)’ is closed to new replies.