cheating ? need advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice cheating ? need advice

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  msmofish 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

okay I’m NOT promoting cheating but truth be told I’m having a hard time on weekends.
    My man & I like to go to restaurants & enjoy. I try to be as conscious as I can w/o cheating but sometimes the temptation is too much or there are hidden ingredients that set me off

Like I said I am NOT advocating cheating
    When I do cheat or have hidden ingredients in my food – do I up antifungals or probiotics ?

Right I’m taking along with all the suggested vitamins etc on protocol:
    – Capryl by Solaray 2 pills a day 2163mg per pill
    – Probiotics Ultimate Flora 50 billion 1 pill a day

Next week I’ll be switching to oregano oil

please advise
    much thanks
    Mo

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

I advise you to try not to cheat, because that way you end up going in circles. If you eat out, order steamed veggies, green salad or fish on a grill. Ask about the ingredients in every dish. Don’t order sauces, soups or something similar, you can’t be sure what’s in them. But try not to eat out often, it’s so much safer to prepare your own food.

Regarding probiotics/antifungals, I’m not really sure,I think it would be ok just to take the doses you’re taking normally. Btw I think you need to take more probiotics (100 billion daily).

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah, honestly, I don’t think it’s possible to get better while cheating regularly.

You can’t think that you’re entitled to certain foods, because you’re not. You got to enjoy them for a long time, now you don’t get to for awhile unless you want to continue to make yourself sick. You should be thinking about how you can best assist your body in healing right now, not how to indulge in things that will make your body worse. Also, the more you cheat, the more you will crave cheating. It’s a vicious cycle.

Don’t think that everyone on here doesn’t enjoy eating out or having something rich or sweet to eat. Everyone does. But to heal, we have to change the way we live. It’s a bummer, but you have to just mourn the loss of being carefree and move on or you won’t heal, you know?

msmofish

I know I know I know

This diet is restrictive & hard
    I wasn’t asking advice about cheating nor be judged for doing so.
    I do NOT want to cheat & as I said I am NOT advocating cheating.

I was asking for advice on what’s best IF it happens or IF there are hidden ingredients that set me off – are probiotics or antifungals better to double up on.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

msmofish;43698 wrote: I know I know I know

I do NOT want to cheat & as I said I am NOT advocating cheating.

I was asking for advice on what’s best IF it happens or IF there are hidden ingredients that set me off – are probiotics or antifungals better to double up on.

That’s probably difficult to say, because cheating will often induce symptoms. If you already have an increase in symptoms I think it would be unwise to increase things that are going to cause die-off.

I don’t think there is any simple work-around to this. If you want to mildly cheat occasionally in order to avoid entirely abandoning your social life, you need to prepare for a longer and rockier treatment time. For instance, this weekend is my girlfriend’s 21st birthday. She is having a BBQ and I am meeting all of her extended family for the first time. To avoid looking like a complete douche-bag and because I want to enjoy myself I will be eating organic buffalo burgers with mustard (both candida friendly versions) and fried onions in gluten-free buns. I just have to accept that by doing this I am undermining at least a little bit of the progress I have made.

I think balance is very important. Mild cheating on occasion won’t doom you to a life of candida, but heavy, regular cheating may very well make actual recovery difficult. No amount of probiotics or antifungals can change that.

msmofish

Hi Cheesey
    Thanks for your reply

Last night at a restaurant I ate scrambled eggs w garlic, spinach, avocado & broccoli & salad with pea sprouts olive oil & lemon. They had gluten free bread so I asked if there was any sugar, answer was no so I ordered it. I made the mistake of not asking all the ingredients. When I got the bread I ate 2 bites & knew it wasn’t on the diet. It was made from corn – rrrrr
    So when I got home I doubled up on the oregano oil. I have no idea if this was the best course to take to combat it but I did it.

Another lesson learned. So when I say “cheating” this is what I’m talking about. Not going hog wild & eating a whole cheesecake

I’m trying my best !

Thanks for your feedback & best of luck at the party this Saturday !!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What really worked well for me is that I continued my supplements during the cheat events and I took a 100 billion cfu probiotic for a week (so increase probiotic amounts). It just worked and I don’t know why (I am referring to my recent trip). Also if you support your liver afterwards, this will help detox (or use other detox methods).

-raster

msmofish

thanks Raster !
    I’ll try that

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

msmofish;43698 wrote: I know I know I know

Firstly, your question title was, “Cheating? need advice” So, I can understand why some people responded the way they did.

Also, this isn’t just aimed at you, but, something we all need to consider when we post something on here:

No one is getting paid to reply to a post. We all do this to help each other out. In fact, selflessly. So, I think we should try our darndest to show appreciation and gratitude for people’s responses to our topics. Always.

Now, about your question:
    I think eventually, after a period of health. your body will be able to sustain “hidden” ingredients much better. So, perhaps you could see this as temporarily as restrictive it is until your body heals.

I suggest trying 2-4 caps of activated charcoal when you eat something with “hidden ingredients”. Which something you might want to carry with you especially when eating out.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

goingnatural;44319 wrote:
    I suggest trying 2-4 caps of activated charcoal when you eat something with “hidden ingredients”. Which something you might want to carry with you especially when eating out.

Good idea!

NiuBlau
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

goingnatural;44319 wrote:
    No one is getting paid to reply to a post. We all do this to help each other out. In fact, selflessly. So, I think we should try our darndest to show appreciation and gratitude for people’s responses to our topics. Always.

Thank You, goingnatural!

Couldn’t have said it better.

Good to see that others feel that way too.

Silke

msmofish

We are all trying our best here
    It’s challenging trying to make sense of candida

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cheating ? need advice’ is closed to new replies.