cheating

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

sire39
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 3

Oh my god ; i made a mistake today after a week an a half with the diet and today i ate i spoon of plain penaut butter and blueberries because i read in the othe site that was permited ..is this bad.. what should i do

confuse

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Have all bad foods in moderation and this one event won’t set you back too far. Don’t read/believe the info on the other websites because they often contain poor advice.

loz
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi there,

On the subject of cheating, I am on day 4 of the first step and have been having a Starbucks everyday. Is that really bad? It’s gonna be almost impossible to give it up. I am very strict with everything else.

Advice would be great.

Loz.

raster
    Participant

I have personally drank coffee everyday for the last 10 years (maybe missed 30 days of coffee drinking in 10 years). I am serious coffee drinker.

However, when fighting candida, I don’t recommend it. Even though you are fatigued everyday and it sounds good, it just isn’t worth all of the negative concequences.

During the diet, I continued to drink coffee for the first few months. Once I stopped, my body could heal itself much much better/faster. I tried drinking it again one time since I quit, and it made my face break out badly (its because your organs can’t handle the overload, so it detoxes the caffeine through the pores of your skin). It made me feel extremely tired and fatigued as well.

Many candida sufferer’s have adrenal fatigue. Coffee does not help this and drains your adrenal glands. In order to be most healthy, quit the coffee.

Coffee does contain lights amount of molds. This doesn’t help fight candida.

Once you quit coffee for a few weeks/months, your body will steadily rebound to the point where you have plenty more of energy in the morning and don’t really need the caffeine. Save the coffee for phase 2.

raster
    Participant

Also on a side note about coffee: It makes your body more acidic (over the long term) which isn’t good for fighting candida. Acidic bodies/organs is one of the major reasons candida can flourish in the first place and it takes a long long time to get your body alkaline again.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Also on a side note about coffee: It makes your body more acidic (over the long term) which isn’t good for fighting candida. Acidic bodies/organs is one of the major reasons candida can flourish in the first place and it takes a long long time to get your body alkaline again.

Complete rubbish.

There’s a huge misconception about the acidic and alkaline balance in the body, and it all stems from the way our pH is normally tested. The way that’s done is to test the blood, urine, or saliva, and all three of these are from more alkalized parts of the human body. So many people assume that the entire body is and should be more alkalized than acidic. But this is not true.

The only way to get a true picture of the alkaline/acidic amounts in the human body is to look at one section at a time, because some parts of the body are naturally and for a definite purpose more acidic than others, and some more alkaline than others. So if you did a pH check on the individual parts of the body this is what you’d find:
    The skin is naturally more acidic, and as well as the vagina and the intestines. In a healthy human, both the stomach and the digestive system have an acidic environment. However, the blood is naturally more alkaline as are some other parts of the body. So this is why it’s so misleading to make a claim that the human body itself should have a certain pH balance, or that it should be more of one than the other because it really all depends on which part of the body you’re talking about.

The reasons that a more acidic environment is natural and needed in certain areas of the body are for reasons such as;
    Tthe skin needs to be more acidic because it has to protect itself from environmental factors such bacteria and toxins. The vagina also maintains an acidic environment for protection, and when the pH balance goes too high (too alkalized), yeast and bacterial infections can be the result.

The lower digestive system is normally highly acidic because the digestive acids are part of the process of digesting and utilizing the foods we eat as fuel, plus the acidic environment protects us from such things as fungal infections in the digestive system. When the digestive system becomes too alkaline because of eating too many alkalizing foods such as fruit, then yeast is sometimes allowed to grow and Candida is often the result. Of course, too many of the foods that the yeast live on such as sugar and simple carbohydrates in addition to antiobiotics can also cause a yeast overgrowth.

Below are some facts to think about as far as the human body and the acidic/alkaline balance which proves that fungi cannot survive an acidic environment and will thrive in an alkaline environment.

Research has shown that pathogens are destroyed in an acidic environment and thrive in an alkaline environment (I’m referring intestines which are normally more acidic). On a normal basis Candida may not be considered a pathogen, but Candida albicans certainly is.
    “Candida: Any of the parasitic imperfect fungi that make up the genus Candida, which resemble yeasts and occur especially in the mouth, vagina, and intestinal tract. Though usually benign, Candida can become pathogenic, causing diseases including Candidiasis and thrush.” Source, Online Encyclopedia

In addition, the reason that sweat and oils on the skin create an acidic environment is so that harmful pathogens on the skin are destroyed.

It’s recommended that anyone with a Candida infestation should take high doses of probiotics, and this usually turns out to be the main reason the infestation is cured. It’s a well documented scientific fact that beneficial flora in the intestines create lactic acid which balances intestinal pH, they also produce short chain fatty acids as a by-product of fermentation in the intestinal tract which serve as food for the mucosal lining of the intestines and are indispensable to musocal health and its functioning. In other words, the beneficial bacteria produce an acidic environment in the intestines. If producing acid isn’t a beneficial function for our system, why are the bacteria called ‘beneficial’?

Why does the human body naturally produce HCl (Hydrochloric acid) in the stomach?
    Here’s why: The hydrochloric acid kills most of the contaminating microorganisms in the stomach which in turn allows for easier digestion.

A statement made by another forum member, “A high alkaline diet will help to keep our bodies in the healthy, slightly alkaline state, rather than slightly acidic which is more common.” If that’s true, why does only a very small percentage of the population have Candida infestations if ‘slightly acidic’ is more common? Considering the theory of an alkaline environment being needed, it seems that the opposite would be the case.

Even though most people believe that Candida cannot be contracted through sexual intercourse, I’ve read actual cases where woman have sworn that this is how they contracted either a yeast infection or Candida, and when you know the facts, it’s not that difficult to believe. The vagina normally has an acid pH making the normal environment for the vagina acidic, but semen has an alkaline pH, so having unprotected sexual intercourse several times within a 24 hour period will produce an alkaline environment in the vagina, and providing other aspects are suitable, such as the normal American diet consisting of high carbohydrate foods and sugar, this makes an ideal environment for a Candida overgrowth or yeast infection.
    So if the vagina is predominately acidic in a healthy female, and Candida thrives in an acidic environment, why don’t all women have yeast infections — all the time?

But even if I were not aware of all the above information, I would still have no doubt that an acidic environment is the best way to treat a Candida infestation as I am my own proof. When I contracted Candida last year I had not had an antibiotic in over 15 years, and I have never wanted or eaten sugary foods or other carbohydrates such as bread or white potatoes, but my weakness was fruit which I’ve always enjoyed and once had with nearly every meal and snack. After years of that diet I contracted Candida. The reason I know the cause was the large amount of fruit is because fruit has an alkalizing effect which causes the environment to become alkaline instead of acidic. If an alkalized environment prevents or destroys a Candida overgrowth, and fruit is alkalizing, what do you suppose caused the Candida?
    And before anyone corrects me, I realize that fruits are considered to be acidic, but the citric acid has an alkalizing effect in the body. This is the reason that fruit is not eaten on the Candida diet, it not only contains sugar, but it also alkalizes the intestines when eaten. It’s true that alkalizing green vegetables are eaten on the Candida diet, but the benefits outweigh the negative effect in this case. The big plus with green vegetables is that they’re rich in a fiber which feed the beneficial bacteria in the body and therefore help to maintain a plentiful flora.

Able

sunshine33
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

Able, I can see your point. And it may be true for most people. But for me, I think my system was WAY too acidic when I started having candida symptoms. I used to drink Diet Mountain Dew. Not just one or two a day — usually five or six and sometimes more. I drank a lot of beer on the weekends. And in June, I started a new job and added two or three cups of coffee a day to that very acidic regimen.

What do I think triggered my sudden candida symptoms? Stress, a new work schedule and coffee — added to a diet high in artificial sweeteners, sugar and alcohol.

I haven’t shared this here before, but I added an alkalizing therapy to my regimen about a week after I started feeling really negative effects from the coconut oil (which you and I have discussed). I’m fairly certain I have leaky gut syndrome, and I imagine the coconut oil bothers my stomach because of that. After I started the alkalizing therapy, I still had major bloating from the coconut oil, but no longer felt the acid in my stomach and throat from it, as I had previously. And now that I’m off the coconut oil, and continuing the alkalizing therapy, my stomach feels perfectly healthy.

I am not trying to come off as an expert here — I just read and research a lot and have a pretty good sense of what’s real and what’s a hard sell. Sure, it’s not for everyone. Most people haven’t trashed their stomachs quite as badly as I have. But with all the crap I’ve been pouring into my body all these years, I think my stomach needs to be more alkaline. Not alkaline — just less acidic, as I’m sure I started out far more acidic than most people.

Please don’t take offense to my words. I just think this is another case of what works for some doesn’t work for others. And for me, a more alkaline diet and my alkalizing therapy works.

Able900
    Spectator

Sunshine;
    Thank you for your post, and your explanation seems to make sense; but your diet, or the way you contracted Candida is fairly normal among Candida sufferers, and they can still cure their infestation with bacteria flora which produce acid in the lower intestines, which in turn will destroy the Candida albicans. In theory, it makes sense that if what you say is correct, then you would not benefit by taking probiotics as this will only add to the acidic environment that you feel you created.

One argument that a lot of people use for their theory of an alkaline environment of the intestines is the claim that if we were meant to eat acidic foods or have an acidic digestive system, then the healthiest foods would be acid forming instead of the opposite being true. But in reality what we would need to cut out is the fresh, green vegetables. Most people do not realize that we can eat a perfectly healthy diet with a minimal or no acidic foods and still have the acidic environments in the areas that need it. The reason is because we obtain most of the acids we need from vitamins and specifically the minerals in vegetables which combine with hydrogen to form different types of acids in our body. For example, hydrochloric acid is a combination of HCL and hydrogen, sulphuric acid is sulphur and oxygen combined with hydrogen. Even the B vitamin chlorine combined with iodine, phosphorous and hydrogen form acids in the body.

Something I failed to mention in the previous post; scientists studying Candida albicans reported that the fungi produce ammonia in the digestive tract which creates an environment that is hospitable to their existence. I imagine that most of us are aware that ammonia is a purely alkaline liquid.

I wanted to clarify the message I posted earlier; I wasn’t trying to claim that the human body in general should be more acidic, but only that a healthy pH balance of the intestines (where the Candida cell walls are located) is naturally acidic, and if this is conducive to Candida growth as many theories state, then every healthy person should according to theory have a Candida albicans infestation.
    The average pH throughout the body should remain fairly balanced, but the intestines are and should be normally more acidic in order to protect us from pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi such as Candida albicans.

Thanks, Able

raster
    Participant

My body was so acidic at one time that I used to hyperventilate for hours after eating anything acidic. Now my body is more balanced and I don’t have this problem anymore. I am measurin my pH to see my progress and once it gets to 6.8 or so then I am doing fairly well. Its at 6.2 right now.

I feel that ph body balance is key to having a healthy body. Not everyone has acidic or alkaline bodies; but I have a strong inlkling that a large amount candida sufferer’s were like sunshine and myself and abused their bodies until the point the were highly acidic.

Able900
    Spectator

I get the feeling that what I’m saying is still not being completely understood.

I have not and am not stating that the body as a whole should be or is more acidic than alkaline, but what I am saying is that the intestines – where the Candida build their colonies/walls and thrive – in a normal, healthy body is more acidic than alkaline.

The area of the intestines only becomes more alkaline when the Candida begin to multiply as the foods which feed them are eaten more often (we all know what they are by now).

The reason for this as I explained in a previous post is that the Candida continually produces ammonia gas which is an alkaline gas. And as the intestines become more alkalized, the Candida continues to multiple and thrive because they are continually recreating the perfect environment for their infestation with the alkaline gases of ammonia.

The only way to stop the spread is with the opposite effect, or a more acidic environment.
    This is when the beneficial bacteria become the hero by producing the acids which will eventually destroy the infestation.

Something else just occurred to me, if all it takes is to alkalize the intestines and/or body in order to destroy the Candida, then why can’t the Candida diet alone destroy the infestation? There are no recorded cases where a Candida infestation was ever cured with the diet alone.

So to repeat, I’m talking “only” about the intestines in my posts when I write “more acidic” not the entire body. And Raster, I’m sorry but I cannot possibly see how your intestines themselves could have been over-acidic if you contracted Candida.

Able

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Just my thoughts here on the acid/alkaline scenario and would love someone in the know to let me know I’m on the right track.

I’m thinking if people with candida have a heavy alkaline stomach, how come they (myself included) suffer from GERD/acid reflux and heartburn etc? Is it the body trying to cure the candida by producing lots of acid? Hence the symptoms?

I myself have abused my body with alcohol/coffee etc and always suffer from acid problems but when I’m on the diet with probiotics and antifungals the symptoms gradually go away even tho I’m creating a more acid environment. So in that thought, would trying to alkaline the stomach provide temporary relief of the symptoms (like sunshine has done) but ultimately not solve the original problem of candida?

Any thoughts/explanations would be great

Thanks

Benji

Able900
    Spectator

BenjiRixon wrote: … would trying to alkaline the stomach provide temporary relief of the symptoms (like sunshine has done) but ultimately not solve the original problem of candida?

Exactly, Benji.

Thanks.

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Would extremely high doses or probiotics clear up an infestation quicker? along with coconut oil, and oil of oregano? I am sticking with the diet but would like to clear it up quicker if possible.

thank you

Able900
    Spectator

joy wrote: Would extremely high doses or probiotics clear up an infestation quicker? along with coconut oil, and oil of oregano? I am sticking with the diet but would like to clear it up quicker if possible. thank you

High doses of probiotics plus kefir as you can’t receive all of the strains in a probiotic, and of course the coconut oil, oil of oregano, and Grape Bitters. Extra Biotin during this time won’t hurt, but be sure you’re taking the high dose of a probiotic plus kefir first.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Actually there’s nothing you can do other than continue with the diet as you were. It’s best to leave all fruits out of your diet until a month to two months into the diet. Peanut butter shouldn’t be eaten at all during the treatment because of mold being present.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cheating’ is closed to new replies.