Chapped lips

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Chapped lips

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  enid1 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

Anyone else seem to have chapped lips? My bottom lip is chapped and sheds some skin almost everyday, I was wondering if this is because of the candida infestation, because most of my symptoms have been skin issues.
    When the infestation was at its worse in October I acutually shed a new layer of skin everyday.
    Just wondering if anyone else had this and if it has gotten better.
    M

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am unsure whether or not its related to candida, but I also have the same problem.

A great way to alleviate the problem is to use chapstick while in the shower. It soaks into the skin and then gets sealed after your skin dries.

-Raster

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

my lips did get chapped very badly for a few weeks after starting the diet, but it eventually went away… not sure what caused it or what made it go away, though…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Mstewart;

It isn’t unusual for the bottom lip to shed skin or peel as though it’s chapped during a Candida infestation. There’s actually a name for this as it’s one of the many ways that the Candida makes itself apparent. It’s called Candida chelitis and always affects the lower lip, and believe it or not, sometimes this is the only symptom someone will experience. According to the reports, the lip can become terribly sore, red, and raw, with pain such as stinging or burning sensations, and even swollen at times when this is the course the Candida albicans take.

Since it’s really just another form of a Candida infestation, the only cure is the Candida treatment including the diet; of course, lip balms can bring temporary relief. If you recall some of our various posts, we’ve talked about how, during the treatment, Candida can present itself in various ways, and unfortunately this is just another one of those ways.

Research:
    http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/3/325
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0714.1997.tb01239.x/abstract

Able

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Ah that’s interesting, I have been suffering from chapped/burning lips this past week. I hadn’t even considered that it could be due to the candida.

jazzpollard
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

My lips are chapped, but my boyfriends lips have been really itchy. Medicated lip balm is the only thing that works for him. Lots of other lip balms have ingredients in it that dry out your lips, so you use more lip balm.

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

This is absolutely a problem that I have. My lips are extremely sticky. They always stick together easily, making it really difficult and annoying to speak at times. This is most definitely a symptom of Candida, that’s for sure.

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

This results from a lack of adequate carbohydrate in the diet. With a candida overgrowth higher amounts of carbohydrate are required by the body. Eat lots of raw honey, orange juice, or water based non starchy fruits and make them a large % of your diet. This approach will not only cure chapped lips within days, but will slaughter candida in just a few weeks.

enid1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

lolcandida;59744 wrote: This results from a lack of adequate carbohydrate in the diet. With a candida overgrowth higher amounts of carbohydrate are required by the body. Eat lots of raw honey, orange juice, or water based non starchy fruits and make them a large % of your diet. This approach will not only cure chapped lips within days, but will slaughter candida in just a few weeks.

Carbs produce sugar in the body – its recommended to be careful with carbs, any only eat whole grains/complex carbs. Or of course the carbs that are in the high fibre veges you would be eating. Honey, juice and fruit in general or anything with sugar is not recommended usually… but I’m interested to know why you are plugging these things that are discouraged by this websites content.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

For me, chapped lips have been a result of chronic exposure to chemical fragrance (e.g. Perfume). This is an abnormal and inflammatory immune response to a specific environmental exposure. My suppressive immunity (T-suppressor cells produced by gut flora) have been wiped out since my urologist prescribed me 90 days of broad-spectrum anti-biotics in 2008.

1. Temporarily remove the offending allergen
    2. Fix your dysbiosis and restore Treg production in the intestines

P.S – Orange juice and honey don’t fix dysbiosis, replace missing species of flora, or remove yeast overgrowth.
    Read the literature from the doctors who have successfully treated this syndrome for decades. There is so much bad information on this forum.

-D

enid1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Danny33;59775 wrote: For me, chapped lips have been a result of chronic exposure to chemical fragrance (e.g. Perfume). This is an abnormal and inflammatory immune response to a specific environmental exposure. My suppressive immunity (T-suppressor cells produced by gut flora) have been wiped out since my urologist prescribed me 90 days of broad-spectrum anti-biotics in 2008.

1. Temporarily remove the offending allergen
    2. Fix your dysbiosis and restore Treg production in the intestines

P.S – Orange juice and honey don’t fix dysbiosis, replace missing species of flora, or remove yeast overgrowth.
    Read the literature from the doctors who have successfully treated this syndrome for decades. There is so much bad information on this forum.

-D

I agree, what some people say on here as ‘You should do this’ not even as a suggestion, like taking people’s lives into their own hands, kinda freaks me out… no one really knows much about candida, there are no real ‘experts’ yet it seems… but there are people out there who have cured themselves, and cured hundreds of other people so it would be best to listen to those people only really. Most doctors don’t seem to have a good grasp, same with naturopaths, it’s weird. I trust Lisa Richards who started this site, so I roll with her content – and it’s working for me. I trust the CONTENT of this website, but not this forum, no way. Most people on here haven’t even read the content on this site, or they wouldn’t be suggesting what they are.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chapped lips’ is closed to new replies.