Cauliflower Chicken Pizza

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Cauliflower Chicken Pizza

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rian1989 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

I have made a few variations of pizza, and I figured I should share. This recipe takes a bit of time, so I usually make it on the weekend. NOTE: You will need a food processor or blender, parchment paper for baking and a thin, clean dish towel.

Dough

• 1/2 head cauliflower
    • 1/2 cup bob’s red mill golden organic ground flax
    • 1 large organic egg
    • Pinch of sea salt

Pizza Toppings

• 1 jalepeno
    • cayenne pepper
    • oregano
    • 1/2 onion
    • greens for sauce (used kale and parsely)
    • Thin chicken breast

Alternative Toppings

Crust – I pretty much follow this recipe for the crust: http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/
    Use food processor to blend up the cauliflower until it looks like rice. Put into pan and fill in about an inch of water. Heat until soft. Strain cauliflower. Put cauliflower into dish towel and squeeze all of the water out. Put dried cauliflower (it will have a dough-like consistency) into bowl. Add egg, flax and salt and whisk together. Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Take the dough and form a crust onto the parchment paper (usually around 3/4 inch thick with higher edges). Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400F or until firm and golden brown.

Toppings
    Use a little coconut oil to cook some chopped onion and jalepeno. Feel free to cook your chicken breast along with this (use salt, pepper, cayenne and oregano to season the chicken).

Use your blender to blend your greens. Spread over crust. Add cooked onion and jalepeno on top. Chop chicken into small pieces and spread over the top as well.

Cook everything together for an additional 5-10 minutes.

This is an enjoyable meal. Experiment with other toppings!

rian1989
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I would love to try this at home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cauliflower Chicken Pizza’ is closed to new replies.