Catch 22 between SIBO and Candida! Any ideas how to get out?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Catch 22 between SIBO and Candida! Any ideas how to get out?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Katemate3 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    I started out here in the candida battle and felt terrible to a point I had to give up. In that battle I noticed that I improve not taking pre-biotics and fibre rich food. My condition improved dramatically within 3 days. One year of brainfog was gone and longstanding diarre cleared up to normal stool. Following up on the reaction I came to understand that the fermentation, the gas in the intestines, pain where realated to a condition called SIBO which need to be treated with diet and antibiotics. I have lots of problems left which make me believe that I too are stuck in Candida hell. Rectal itching which first disapeared too when I stopped with milk products but came back to haunt me, itchy eyes and systemic reactions.

My catch 22 is that. If I kill the bacteria problem with antibiotics the empty space will be taken by the fungus. Taking antibiotics and antifungus medicin might be too strong for my liver and kidneys. My system can totally not handle more bacteria. When I took probiotic I thought I would get nuts with symptoms. I really dont know from which side I should saddle the horse. Right now I only eat a diet consisting of very little food. Chicken and bone brew and meat. Very little carbs as I am reacting with fermentation. No idea how to fix that mess.

If someone has an idea, I would love to hear and learn from you!

thank you
    Thomas

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

I also have SIBO, Leaky Gut and Candida and am frankly just not getting better. I’ve had moments where the fog has slightly lifted and its amazing but apart from that there hasn’t been much improvement..

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

There are some things you can do, such as taking molybdenum amino acid chelate, vitamin C, and milk thistle, which will help protect your liver. There are also other ways to help you process the toxins, such as doing saunas to sweat them out. You can read the protocol to get more details on that.

I can tell you that I was down to eggs and small bits of rice and veggies on a good day when I started with the strict diet and protocol from here. I have severe leaky gut and candida, as well as a little bit of bacterial issues. I just decided to work through my initial problems and it didn’t take long for my body to readjust to be able to tolerate the foods on the diet. I’ve had some ups and downs, but for the most part, things are looking up…slowly. I’m on day 73 or so.

I would say to definitely take your time and do everything you can to protect yourself through the process. The fact of the matter is that the first bit of the cleanse/diet/protocol are just gonna suck for everyone because it’s a big adjustment for the body combined with the candida dying off. However, if you are careful and stick with it (and with your situation, you might have to start off pretty slowly?) I think you’ll see results. I’m pretty sure that a lot of the protocol and diet will also help rid the body of bad bacteria in addition to candida. Everything seems to feed off of sugar and carbs.

If you take probiotics, I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) that the idea is that eventually, through this multi-faceted approach, they will start to crowd out all the baddies and take up that empty space as you kill the baddies off.

You can also use natural, whole food antibiotics and antifungals such as raw garlic and coconut oil.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think oftentimes seem to be so much worse in the beginning. Also, with two problems to attack, your recovery is probably going to take longer. It sounds like to me, you really need to repopulate your g.i. tract with good bacteria. I feel for you though, sounds just really hard.

Thomas

Thank you guys for all the ideas!
    all the best to you all
    yours
    Thomas

1533jd

Thanks everyone! Thomas we will get through this together. I’ll PM you soon with our action plan!

Best Wishes
    JD

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Some good suggestions in this link:
    http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Fermentation_in_the_gut_and_CFS

SIBO can be very difficult to get back into balance as well. Because you don’t want to kill all the bacteria off then a severe candida condition can take off. That might cause more issues than SIBO.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I have sibo also and I hear we’re not supposed to take probiotics or eat fibre like buckwheat and coconut milk. But i still do it. Confused what else to do

Thomas

1533jd;37378 wrote: Thanks everyone! Thomas we will get through this together. I’ll PM you soon with our action plan!

Best Wishes
    JD

Thats cool, yes, lets stick together and PM each other if we find something out.
    I am developing aswell a own battle plan.
    Keep in touch mate!

good luck to you
    yours
    Thomas

Thomas

moochpb;37892 wrote: I have sibo also and I hear we’re not supposed to take probiotics or eat fibre like buckwheat and coconut milk. But i still do it. Confused what else to do

I would not go that road of simply thinking one should not do this or that. Everyone is different. You should test it out and write it down. I was here on the strict diet for about 6 month and got worse and worse. So I had to react. It was not anymore a question of die-off and hanging it out. The first thing I did was an ELISA test. I wanted to exclude foods I might be reacting too which had nothing to do with SIBO or Candida. Next I tried to get as much out of the MD´s I could. The did all the kind of endoscopies for the intestines I could get out of them. I then new I didnt have cancer and shit like that. Now when the MD said: I dont know what you have. I made my next attack and started to resurge and found out that not eating fibre I changed to 80 percent better. My diarre stopped my, transit time slowed down a lot, Then I started to think what makes fermentation and figured I might have SIBO. Now I am waiting for a time to get a breath test done to nail that sucker. What I do right now I follow the SCD diet. I believe I cut down the bacteria quite a bit as I dont have fermentation anymore and not much gas. But there are still problems which fit strongly into the candida section. Now the dance it on to balance the attack. I have to knock out candida, fill up the intestines with good bacteria, then pushing out the bad guys.

Test it, eat what is not harming you.

Gelatine is very good to eat lots off, chicken brew 4 hours boiling, bone brew 12 hours slow boiling. Lots off lard and fat. cocconut oil. I could not stomach the fibre but by all mean test it before you cut it out.

yours
    Thomas

Thomas

jameskep;37381 wrote: Some good suggestions in this link:
    http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Fermentation_in_the_gut_and_CFS

SIBO can be very difficult to get back into balance as well. Because you don’t want to kill all the bacteria off then a severe candida condition can take off. That might cause more issues than SIBO.

Thank you mate for the great link!
    Check out the general discussion Thread I have a link to a pdf there with some amazing info about candida and how to battle it.

cheers
    Thomas

moochpb

I feel like too much meat is hurting me. Fibre is bad for sibo. My md just said stool cultures are more accurate then the breathe test, and we see that have sibo. Also yeast though. I’m just testing day by day. I have no diarrea but bloating and mucous reflux. No heartburn, got an endoscope, no cancer. I don’t want a colonoscopy right now though either.

Thomas

moochpb;37943 wrote: I feel like too much meat is hurting me. Fibre is bad for sibo. My md just said stool cultures are more accurate then the breathe test, and we see that have sibo. Also yeast though. I’m just testing day by day. I have no diarrea but bloating and mucous reflux. No heartburn, got an endoscope, no cancer. I don’t want a colonoscopy right now though either.

Hi mate, try that for a week and see what it will do. Take a chicken and boil it with himalaya or keltic sea salt for four hours, then take it out, take the bones away and keep the meat. Now you got a good stock of brew. Eat as much as you like and put into your soup little of the meat. You keep the big pot with stock cold and take only the amount you like to eat out each time. In that stock you can test little things. You can boil in that stock 4 or 5 zuchini cut, or whatever. But make sure you eat a lot of lard, fat etc. Do that for 3 to 5 days but not longer and see what happens. My stomach became flat like a board, no gas and I thought….hmmm something going on here. At least I had found something to fall back to. My diarre stopped too and this was my first success. After getting stressed out between the question what is symptom and what is die-off. Then you can make yourself Jello. Get yourself a grapefruit, press it, take the same amount of water to it as you got the juice. Take tree tsk of gelatin and mix it. Warm it up a little, not much, something like 40 degrees celsius. Its not so important but dont boil it. Have it then four ours in the cold and you can eat that. Put some gelantine pulver into the warm soup too. Gelatin will heal you. Check out the GAPS diet too!

Good luck mate!
    yours
    Thomas

moochpb

I’m on one day meat trial, it’s day two. I ate meat 3 to 4 times a day. I cut out my enzymes which contained sorbitol and mannitol. Which were sugar alcohols, switched to bitters. And already my reflux is alot better, is it a coincidence? My bloating is probably the same though, as I feel it, not as full. I’m always hungry. We did chicken broth last night and have stock left over for tonight too

1533jd

Moochpb would love to hear your results in the next few days, I’m also considering getting rid of meat also for a couple of days, it makes a lot of sense that it could be seriously affecting me.

Thomas – Likewise mate, If I find some good info I’ll put it in here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Catch 22 between SIBO and Candida! Any ideas how to get out?’ is closed to new replies.