Carob confection – is cocoa butter safe?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carob confection – is cocoa butter safe?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Gillett 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I’m guessing cocoa butter isn’t allowed on this diet? I found a company that makes a ‘chocolate’ bar and thought excellent, something that is safe at last! It’s actually made from carob powder (no caffeine) and soya flour BUT also cocoa butter. And there’s no sugar or sweeteners whatsoever in it. But I think I’ve read somewhere that cocoa isn’t allowed. Anyone know if this is right? If it is then yippeee I’ve found something that looks (but probably doesn’t taste) like a chocolate bar! It’s psychological really, unwrap that foil like a real chocolate bar! Hopefully it’ll be sweet and taste good.

Anyway I’ve ordered a bar so will see what it’s like. Been told off someone who has tried it that it’s nice (she ate the whole bar after all). Watch this space!

disco flavor
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Pretty sure the only problem with chocolate is the caffeine and sugar, so if it doesn’t have either of those, I can’t really see it being a problem…. thought I can’t imagine chocolate without sugar would taste good at all. Have you ever tried unsweetened chocolate? It’s inedible. Seriously, not good. I’m guessing if the thing doesn’t have sugar, it probably has artificial sweetener in it, and if that’s the case, you probably shouldn’t be eating it, as that causes problems from what I’ve read.

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

http://www.plamilfoods.co.uk/carob

This is the stuff I’ve found. Carob is caffeine free and naturally sweet but I have yet to taste it! Know someone who has and she said it was really nice so we’ll see. Hoping I like it as will be nice to have something that is a bit like chocolate!

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

I maade a cake for my son’s birthday with carob- his older brother and sisters-who are used to cocoa- didn’t like it, but he loved it!! Carob has a strong , sweet taste, I think the flavour is more intense than cocoa, so maybe use less when substituting cocoa. Good luck!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Wild. I can’t believe you found that! 🙂 I’d definitely try it out. Maybe eat half the bar or something, and watch your symptoms for a couple of days (?). Fun for you!

LolloRosso
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

As a coeliac I was eating before I started the candida diet, bars made by Putin. They are lovely and gluten and wheat free, some are soya free and they are all natural non added sugar.

However the bad news is, coco butter and brown rice starch is the sweetner, so all in all a no no on this diet. Maybe in a years time I can have one as a treat every so often.

As for soya, that is one of the worlds biggest corruption stories. If you really want to scare yourself have a read of this soya is bad for you

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

What about cacao powder? Can we eat that does anyone know?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

The FDA’s guidelines claim that cocoa powder and cacao powder are just different names for the same powder. However, cacao powder is actually the raw and unsweetened powder, whereas the cocoa powder usually contains a small amount of cocoa butter used to enhance the flavor.

I don’t know if that helps or not; as far as my diet is concerned, I wouldn’t want anything to do with it. But then again, I’ve never felt compelled to search for anything of a chocolate nature while on the diet during the past seven months.

Good luck.
    Able

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I know I should probably avoid anything sweet anyway to make losing the sugar cravings much easier but I do find the diet pretty hard and have quite a few other stresses in life at the moment so I thought it better to satisfy those cravings the anti-candida diet friendly way and perhaps lose a bit of the stress which apparently makes candida overgrowth worse. Comfort eating the healthy way :). I’ve just read some awful things about cacao though so I think I’ll order some carob from the States instead. I’m also going to put in an order for oregano oil, native remedies and coconut flour (thanks to you :)!).. I’ll be needing that coconut flour bread recipe of yours soon!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carob confection – is cocoa butter safe?’ is closed to new replies.