Carob Coconut Blobs

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Carob Coconut Blobs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Calico 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lashes86
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

I found this recipe online and I thought I would share. At first it might taste a bit different, but you get use to it. I’m in love with them!

http://www.caseylorraine.com/2011/02/stevia-winners-and-carob-coconut-blobs/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Carob contains 55 to 75 percent sucrose. Sucrose, also known as saccharose or table sugar, is composed of two different sugar molecules, glucose and fructose, joined together.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/253042-which-sugars-does-carob-contain/#ixzz1bGsCYiJJ

lashes86
    Replies: 24

Even if it’s the unsweetened kind?

lettingo
    Replies: 11

Unfortunately, naturally. 🙁
    They used to make sugar out of it before they thought to make it from beets and cane… I know, I am so sad to give up my carob too

jasminehks
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 30

lettingo wrote: Unfortunately, naturally. 🙁
    They used to make sugar out of it before they thought to make it from beets and cane… I know, I am so sad to give up my carob too

does that mean that it’s forbidden to use carob on the diet ??

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Thanks for the link Raster. It was stupid of me not to research carob before I added some to my coconut pancake mix. I only added about 2 teaspoons to the whole mix so each pancake will contain minimal amounts so i’ll eat the rest of the mix and then won’t use it again.

Such a shame though that we don’t have this as another flavour to add to our candida diet plans. Oh well.

soldia4
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 27

My heart is broken. I was soo looking forward to making these once i got to phase 3. What about cacao powder?

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I am going to try this recipe with cacao powder because I don’t see anything that is wrong with it personally. It is not on the list, but I am going to test it. I originally thought it had a lot of caffeine in it but it doesn’t.Here is a website that tell more about this product: http://integrative-living.com/page.php?htmlID=Raw%20Cacao%20Powder. It has a great ORAC score, which is wonderful for the immune system.

Here is a post for more info on this product. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2217_Organic-Cacao-Powder.aspx

I also am not using vanilla extract because it has alcohol in it (though I have heard that you can find vanilla extract that has no alchol at health food store. I have not found any yet.) So instead I am using stevia vanilla cream. I hope they turn out good. 😀 I will yet you guys know.

If someone can explain why I should not use this product it would be great, but please read the info on the first link given before responding.
    Thank you
    Lauren 😀

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

@Lauren,

NuNaturals have an alcohol-free vanilla stevia extract. Check out iHerb.com.

Regarding the cacao powder, I’m tempted to try it out too, but will probably wait another month or so before I do. Let me know how it goes.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Thanks M!!
    I tried them out and they are super yummy! I did not react to them at all. I felt no difference after eating them. Of course this could just be me so I am not suggesting anyone should try it out unless they want to. I am also liking the fact that the coconut and avocado are good for keeping weight on. I also love the antioxidants. However I probably should moderate how many I eat. In the first two day I ate two a day because they were just so good. Really helped me after Valentines day!:D I found a chocolate coconut cake that might work on the diet using cacao powder, but I am going to wait a while before trying this. It would be great if we can each have a birthday cake on our birthday.:D
    Thanks,
    Lauren

Calico
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

When you try that Coconut Cocao cake, let us know the recipe! Sounds good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Carob Coconut Blobs’ is closed to new replies.