Carbs, Protein, Sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carbs, Protein, Sugar?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  borsuk48 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

borsuk48
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hello,

I am on the Candida diet for 1 month now. During the first two weeks I noticed a huge difference, but now I don’t feel that great. I am 6 feet tall and only weight 135 LBS. Eating only vegetables, eggs, is making me loose more weight. I don’t mind the bad taste of apple cider vinegar or the strict diet. But it’s so hard to decide what you can and can’t eat.

I found a gluten free pasta, that is also sugar free, but it has a lot of crabs. Can I eat it?

I found a protein bar that is gluten free, sugar free and has little crabs. “Think Protein Bar”.
    Can I eat this too?

alexa70
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I would stick with fruits and sprouted seeds, just don’t mix them together

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

Gluten free will likely do very little for you unless you have Celiac’s disease. Those with Candida suffer from poor digestion of foods high in sugar or refined carbs most often, which are things like potatoes, rice, grains etc.

If you need calories look towards fats, but don’t over do it as over eating anything contributes to poor digestion, which feeds things like candida.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to eat a lot more on this diet in order to gain weight. I would aim for eating teff bread as much as 1-3x per day. Teff has a lot of nutrition and has weight gain properties. There may be a bakery that makes it in your area perhaps too.

I recommend 3-4 course meals as well as snacks in between meals. A great weight gain snack that is safe for diet is rice crackers and hummus. Other examples include almond or cashew butter and celery, making smoothies with something like nutribullet, or eating various breads, etc.

Be sure to eat meat too if possible.

-raster

borsuk48
    Participant

Thank you all for the great replies.

I have been eating a lot of coconut bread.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-ingredient.htm

I eat a lot of brown rice (gluten free)
    Chicken – fried with extra virgin olive oil and a little coconut oil.
    Salmon (Baked in the over)
    Eggs – Organic and cage free.

I am struggling to find good crackers because most of them contain potato starch which I have heard is not good for the diet.

I noticed that lays chips are gluten free and sugar free, but do contain potato starch.
    Are these a good idea?

Does anyone know if you can have a little popcorn: I found Skinny Pop which has no sugar and looks like it does not have other harmful ingredients.

Found good protein bars that have no sugar, but do have 13g of sugar alcohol.
    Nutrition

raster
    Participant

I would aim to make your own nut bars or something similar safe for the diet. You can get those premade ones as you are further along. Get one sweetened with agava vs. sugar. Start out strict and get less strict as you are further along in the diet.

Potato starch should not set you back very much nor potatoes themselves actually (except when consumed every day). A great potato replacement is rutabaga, you can mash it, fry it, etc. just like regular potato. And its highly antifungal, the strongest antifungal vegetable out there pretty much.

I would not eat lays and aim for organic foods. Popcorn is a big no no on diet.
    There are some good snacks in recipe section such as pumpkin pie muffin bread (sugar free), flax cookies, etc.

Get the diet in order first and then focus on the supplements which will get you better than just the diet. The supplements are the x-factor in any treatment.

-raster

borsuk48
    Participant

Thanks for the great replies.

I like the idea of Almond butter. Is there a limit to eating it? like potatoes?

rutabaga – Never ate this in my life. How does it taste?

raster
    Participant

Rutabega is a bit weird tasting at first but tastes better as you eat it more. Its kinda sour tasting compared to potatoes. Almond butter is best to be eaten raw or fresh (unroasted).

-raster

borsuk48
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to put some Rutabega in the oven today. I really miss potatoes.

Thanks again!

racquel
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Probiotics have been key for me. The one I use has more than just probiotics in it. It has an enzyme and anti-fungal. This has been key for my health.

borsuk48
    Participant

What Probiotics do you use? What would you recommend?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Carbs, Protein, Sugar?’ is closed to new replies.