Carbs- can't live without them anymore.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carbs- can't live without them anymore.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Yoni
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hello everyone,

I totally changed my diet which has very low carbs, high protein and fat (such olive oil,organic sesame oil, coconut oil) but I can’t handle it anymore. I feel weak, I can’t focus on my studies, I can’t even do sports (I actually stopped my trainings). Today, after two weeks I told myself that I must return to the gym, so I ate 2 slices of bread (100% yeast free) with sesame oil before the exercise, and than after 30 min I felt dizziness and weakness, the same symptoms that I knew years ago. Dear Experts, may you have some suggestion that will help me? I don’t want to lose weight anymore. In fact, people asks me what happen to my bodyweight, and it kills me because I know it’s true. I am sorry I sounds like crybaby, I am really tough guy, but not this time.

Many thanks,
    Yoni.

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

I feel your pain. While I probably can’t offer much of a solution other than take it easy (which other’s have told me). I am currently training for a long distance bicycle race/ride and am trying to get in 10-30 miles every other night or so, but man it’s hard. I overdid it enough last Sunday I puked (just started taking the strong probiotic, so I think that contributed). Make sure you don’t eat right before you work out. While you are working out your body is busy keeping up blood flow, etc and your food won’t digest in a timely manner, plus the food isn’t digested enough at that point to give you the extra energy you need. I would try eating an hour to an hour and a 1/2 before your workout. I tried the Pumpkin Pie muffins in the recipe section and LOVED them, so that’s an alternative option to the bread. I’ve also tried making chicken and noodles with brown rice pasta which is carb heavy, but a safe grain. Depending on where you are in the diet and your level of Candida I don’t know if you’re okay to add the brown rice pasta into your diet or not. These are just things that have helped me, but no, I can’t work out like I should be able to at this point. Good luck.

Yoni
    Topics: 4

The problem is that the glycogen supplies can’t replenish without Carbs and I really feel that man. I will try the pumpkin pie muffins and take your advices.
    BTW, may you know if Egg’s noodles is acceptable at this diet?
    Thank you very much for your support, my friend.

Regards,

Yoni.

phil1
    Topics: 1

This is the main problem I have.

I’ve done the strict diet for 8 weeks and eat loads of the coconut bread, buckwheat pancakes etc to try and fill me up but without carbs my body just cant get through the day like it normally can. And thats understandable because lots of nutrition site say the average plate should contain 30% carbs to give you the energy you need.

There is no way I could work out on this diet or do any exercise more than just walking around. In fact the nutritionist who is guiding me through this has doubts about whether a diet with no carbs can fuel a person of my size (I’m 6 foot 6).

Hope this doesnt put you off – I just wanted to let you know I feel the same way. I can see some improvements from the diet, but my energy has significantly decreased. Also like you, I have people saying to me they have noticed I’ve lost loads of weight etc. Not fun.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Phil, if you’ve not already done so, please read the post titled “About that Hunger.” I just bumped it up to today’s date, so it should be easy to find.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Phil, does your doc have you on antifungals or coconut oil? What about the probiotic, which one are you taking?

Able

phil1
    Topics: 1

Hi Able,

I’ve followed the hunger post and i am on antifungals, probiotic and coconut oil all recommended by the nutritionist.

I’m at the point where I cant physically eat more coconut bread but still have very low energy due to too small an amount of carbs.

The nutritionist (who’s successfully treated many people for this) thinks someone of my size may just not be able to be full energy on this diet. At six and a half foot tall it takes a huge amount of carbs etc just to get your body through the day nevermind exercising. Getting very little of them has affected me.

Doesnt bother me though, I just have to get used to it. And couldnt stay on the strict diet very long term anyway.

I’m not starving and I dont feel hungry – I just dont have energy (energy is far worse than before the diet).

Able900
    Spectator

Phil, I’m still not 100% convinced that your weakness and fatigue are caused by the lack of carbs. The human body (any size) can adapt to a no-carb diet in a much shorter period of time than eight weeks. I’m 6’ 2” and after about 6 weeks on the diet, my body had completely adapted to the no-carb diet, and I literally didn’t need the carbs any longer. Of course, I was reducing the infestation by huge numbers the entire time by taking larger amounts of antifungals and probiotics, taking a chance on strong die-off symptoms, which I don’t advise anyone else to attempt. I’m still basically carb-free today with no fatigue, hunger, or weakness of any type (gym workout and tennis 3 to 4 times a week).

It seems that by now your doctor would have explained to you that one of the most common symptoms of a Candida albicans infestation is incapacitating fatigue brought on by the fact that the Candida drains us of both energy and stamina, not to mention that the body is using all the energy it can manage to take care of the body’s needs during that time. I’m not saying that the fatigue is not at least partly due to the new way of eating, but I do believe most of it is being caused by the Candida.

I think that in time, as you lower the numbers of the infestation, you will not feel the fatigue to nearly the extreme that you are now, even if you remain on the diet.

Able

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

phil1 wrote: Doesnt bother me though, I just have to get used to it. And couldnt stay on the strict diet very long term anyway.

I’m not starving and I dont feel hungry – I just dont have energy (energy is far worse than before the diet).

phil1, you can get through it! I went through very bad fatigue for about 2 weeks (Like you, much worse before the diet) before I got used to it. The entire time I could only think of carbs and sugary foods though I wasn’t really hungry and wasn’t starving myself, it was just major carb/sugar/caffeine withdrawal.

Everyone’s body is different, but I just wanted to say I’ve been there and it absolutely gets better. I’m a little past a month now and I have the same energy level as before starting the diet. I don’t crave carbs or sugar anymore either. If I can do it, you certainly can! Good luck 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just cheated a whole bunch and I get what you are saying. When I eat potatoes, corn, wheat, etc…you get a TON of (crummy) energy from these foods. I think the secret is that it takes a long time to build your body back up to having sufficient energy, and you gotta find special/secret foods that give you POWER. For me, this is the pumpkin muffins and greek yogurt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Carbs- can't live without them anymore.’ is closed to new replies.