Carbohydrates

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carbohydrates

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: Yes, this appears to be the same only in block form.
    By the way, I’ve never used this form, but I doubt you need to mix it with water. You might try it without water if this is the type you have or plan to obtain.

It’s rock solid in a block that you need to grate or dissolve in water. Check the Wiki here. It’s good because you can make coconut milk or cream just by adding water, or use it as dessicated coconut by grating it. It’s pretty economical, as well.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: It’s rock solid in a block that you need to grate or dissolve in water. Check the Wiki here. It’s good because you can make coconut milk or cream just by adding water, or use it as dessicated coconut by grating it. It’s pretty economical, as well.

Javizy, the coconut cream that I purchase comes in a jar, however, when I bring the jar home from the store it’s usually in a solid form unless it’s the middle of summer, plus, since I keep my house “very” cool at night, by morning it’s a solid block again which cannot be poured from the jar, not because it’s frozen, but because it must be warmed to a creamy consistency. What I do is scrape the amount I wish to enjoy from the top and warm that in a microwave.

By the way, adding cold water will only cause it to harden more, so you’ll need to use very warm water. That is if it’s the same consistency that I use (the description on Wiki sounds the same. It’s delicious mixed with Greek yogurt and a bit of Stevia or Truvia.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Okay, thanks for the info. Finally found something that won’t break the bank, and I can store it in the cupboard, too!

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

dvjorge wrote: You can spend some time reading these articles !!
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09362.html
    http://www.fitness.gov/nutrition.pdf
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/Carbohydrates.htm

Sports nutrition is hardly relevant to us, even those of us who have hobbies like jogging. This sort of stuff only applies to athletes or people who spend a large amount of their free-time exercising.

Part of the problem in talking about “carbs” is that the effects will differ significantly depending on the type of carb. It’s easy to see how people eating cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, fries for dinner and snacking on sweets can crash in-between meals and generally feel crappy, but those eating complex, low-GI carbs like lentils and vegetables aren’t going to suffer the same problems.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    I disagree with you. First, the athletes are humans , no aliens.! I lived 40 years eating whatever I wanted and never knew what the word tired is. I was able to practice two sports, work 14 hours a day, and have sex in the night almost every day. Never sick!! I know all about complex carbohydrates, high GI carbs, micronutrients, etc. Think I am not pushing carbohydrates during this treatment but talking they aren’t going to cause any damage if you are healthy, specially fruits, and complex carbohydrates like you said. I have never had the energy I had since I cut the carbohydrates. I know the reason because I have left the diet two times and began eating beans, rice, corn, fruits, etc, and my energy came back. ( I din’t returned to pizza, Mc Donald, sodas, etc ) Unfortunately, my treatment wasn’t effective enough to eliminate the fungus or my immune system never recovered and I relapsed. But, the energy only was back when I could open the diet. Trust me I know what energy means because I had it all my life.
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dvjorge wrote: Trust me I know what energy means because I had it all my life.

Let me understand; does this mean that everyone who has had energy is an expert on energy production? Or .. only you?

johnny22
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

Do you really thing the carbohydrates are which cause your fatigue or lack of energy ??

All I am saying is that perhaps carbohydrates are not so necessary after all. But to each his own, maybe someone needs less or another needs more carbs. I feel that energy wise, I would be quite okay in limiting my carb intake indefinitely.

And I am not on zero carbs either so to say. I get them from vegetables and dried beans, lentils etc.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I have more energy now that I did prior to starting Candida (low carb) diet. But I also attribute it to the fact that I was really sick with my Candida. I think I am finally feeling more energy because I have made it through the worst of the die off and finally starting to regain my health.

I used to feel really sick if I didn’t eat every couple of hours. Someone told me I was likely to be hypoglycemic. Now I only feel that way in the morning if I don’t eat breakfast as soon as I normally do. Even then, it’s not as bad as before.

I guess I just wanted to point out that there are other factors that might influence how much energy we feel we have.

But does anyone know if there is a minimum we need to get in carbs a day? Or how about an amount we need to stay under? I have seen several ask similar questions and I don’t think I have seen a response?

I know I am eating half as many carbs as I would have eating if I was not on the diet.

Thank you!

Kirsty

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Carbohydrates’ is closed to new replies.