Carbohydrates

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carbohydrates

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #69866

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Fact: It was proved many, many years ago that eating carbohydrates is not necessary for sustaining life and preventing diseases.

    Fact: There are hundreds of diseases known to be caused by a lack of protein, fats, and various nutrients in our diet, however, there has never been identified even one disease caused by a lack of carbohydrate food sources.

    Fact: Grain fed to steers causes weight gain which leads to fat and also causes various intestinal diseases. The feedlot diet given to steers is almost identical to the USDA Food Guide Pyramid.

    Fact: Fruit is mostly fructose sugar with some vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. These various nutrients are easily obtained from meat, fish, fowl and green vegetables containing no fructose. The body processes fructose from fruit in the same way as it processes fructose from soft drinks. Fructose is fructose no matter what the source is and causes insulin resistance the same as cane sugar as proven in scientific tests.

    Fact: Carbohydrates cause insulin production which causes cardiovascular heart disease.

    Fact: The only way to prevent the various diseases which are caused by insulin spikes is to eat a low-carbohydrate diet.

    Fact: Several primitive societies have existed for their entire lifetime with low carbohydrate diets and have proven diabetes and all the various diseases of consequence do not naturally exist for human beings.

    Fact: Humans have all the biochemistry necessary to make the amount of carbohydrates that we need from protein and fat, this means we convert protein and fats into carbohydrates. Our bodies are designed to exist perfectly healthy without extra carbohydrates being added to the diet.

    Concerning existing on a very low-carb diet:
    (The following information is only meant to prove that carbohydrate foods are not necessary to sustain health and life and is not intended to be practiced by readers)
    http://www.biblelife.org/stefansson1.htm

    Vilhjalmur Stefansson: Arctic Explorer 1879-1962
    http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/stefansson.html

    Able

    #69870

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    Able900 wrote: Fact: It was proved many, many years ago that eating carbohydrates is not necessary for sustaining life and preventing diseases.

    Fact: There are hundreds of diseases known to be caused by a lack of protein, fats, and various nutrients in our diet, however, there has never been identified even one disease caused by a lack of carbohydrate food sources.

    Fact: Grain fed to steers causes weight gain which leads to fat and also causes various intestinal diseases. The feedlot diet given to steers is almost identical to the USDA Food Guide Pyramid.

    Fact: Fruit is mostly fructose sugar with some vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. These various nutrients are easily obtained from meat, fish, fowl and green vegetables containing no fructose. The body processes fructose from fruit in the same way as it processes fructose from soft drinks. Fructose is fructose no matter what the source is and causes insulin resistance the same as cane sugar as proven in scientific tests.

    Fact: Carbohydrates cause insulin production which causes cardiovascular heart disease.

    Fact: The only way to prevent the various diseases which are caused by insulin spikes is to eat a low-carbohydrate diet.

    Fact: Several primitive societies have existed for their entire lifetime with low carbohydrate diets and have proven diabetes and all the various diseases of consequence do not naturally exist for human beings.

    Fact: Humans have all the biochemistry necessary to make the amount of carbohydrates that we need from protein and fat, this means we convert protein and fats into carbohydrates. Our bodies are designed to exist perfectly healthy without extra carbohydrates being added to the diet.

    Concerning existing on a very low-carb diet:
    (The following information is only meant to prove that carbohydrate foods are not necessary to sustain health and life and is not intended to be practiced by readers)
    http://www.biblelife.org/stefansson1.htm

    Vilhjalmur Stefansson: Arctic Explorer 1879-1962
    http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/stefansson.html

    Able

    Still with the lot of “facts’ you posted in your point of view, there are hundreds of nutritional programs and universities that consider carbohydrates very important in the food chain.
    Do we need to believe in theory, in some people belief or in the scientific evidence and research ??
    I would like to support the idea of 0 carbohydrates with better arguments but promoting it with opinions don’t get me any proof they are right. What is true is I have never had the same energy level I had when following an anticandida diet. Moreover, I believe most people are looking for to be “normal” and to resume their life with a social life that allow them to look normal , but no someone from another planet. I have been told for many candida sufferers this diet suck. I am one of them who think it. It is necessary to fight CRC but pretending to live in this way is real a concern. We are human and are alive !! We want fun, parties, social life, and many delicious food this diet limit. The experience and knowledge after this illness demonstrate there are better eating habits but nobody wants to be an slave of any diet for the rest of their life. Less, to say about fruit, diary, and many other healthy things are out this diet. It should be considered a temporary diet and to do the correct things to eliminate the fungal overgrowth to forget it. Symptoms control that keep you obligated to eat conditioned is pure garbage. We should have real and better aspirations, at least I want them. No to say I want to go to straight to a pizza and coca cola but many, many things a normal human do and are necessary to brake this isolation.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/233554-why-are-carbohydrates-important-in-diet/

    Jorge.

    #69873

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    dvjorge wrote: Still with the lot of “facts’ you posted in your point of view, there are hundreds of nutritional programs and universities that consider carbohydrates very important in the food chain.
    Do we need to believe in theory, in some people belief or in the scientific evidence and research ??
    I would like to support the idea of 0 carbohydrates with better arguments but promoting it with opinions don’t get me any proof they are right. What is true is I have never had the same energy level I had when following an anticandida diet. Moreover, I believe most people are looking for to be “normal” and to resume their life with a social life that allow them to look normal , but no someone from another planet. I have been told for many candida sufferers this diet suck. I am one of them who think it. It is necessary to fight CRC but pretending to live in this way is real a concern. We are human and are alive !! We want fun, parties, social life, and many delicious food this diet limit. The experience and knowledge after this illness demonstrate there are better eating habits but nobody wants to be an slave of any diet for the rest of their life. Less, to say about fruit, diary, and many other healthy things are out this diet. It should be considered a temporary diet and to do the correct things to eliminate the fungal overgrowth to forget it. Symptoms control that keep you obligated to eat conditioned is pure garbage. We should have real and better aspirations, at least I want them. No to say I want to go to straight to a pizza and coca cola but many, many things a normal human do and are necessary to brake this isolation.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/233554-why-are-carbohydrates-important-in-diet/

    The above way of thinking is why America is the most obese country in the world. America, Number One. Something for us to be real proud of.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity

    Our bodies are trained from birth to depend on carbohydrates, then we’re brainwashed by commercials showing the fun and pleasures of high fat and carbohydrate foods as well as by the physicians who wish to keep their patients coming back time after time because of bad health due to overeating and obesity.

    The only reason a human body needs more carbohydrates than the amounts which the body produces naturally is because that body is addicted to carbs, therefore it needs the extra carbs the same way a drug addict needs crack.

    You stated that I do not supply facts but only theories, so concerning the above paragraph allow me to offer the following:

    The following is taken from “The Obesity Epidemic: The role of addiction.”
    © 2011 Canadian Medical Association
    http://www.cmaj.ca/content/182/4/327.full
    “In an attempt to explain the motivation for some cases of compulsive overeating, researchers have proposed that highly palatable foods, such as those that are sweet, salty or high in fat, have the potential for abuse in a manner similar to conventional drugs.”
    (Notice this is from the “Canadian” Medical Association, not the US. Unfortunately, American physicians still rely on the public’s overeating habits as one of their major sources of income.)

    Additional article: Research on Food Addictions including carbohydrates as reported in “Gastroenterology: March 2010”

    Quote: “Do we need to believe in theory, in some people belief or in the scientific evidence and research ??”

    Sorry, I didn’t catch the “theory” part of my post. Thought I was posting research and facts.

    Quote: I have never had the same energy level I had when following an anticandida diet.

    And I’ve never experienced the energy level that I’ve enjoyed for the past six months after I was cured and once my body had broken the addiction of the American higher-than-necessary carbohydrate diet and adapted to an extremely low-carb diet.

    Quote: “I believe most people are looking for to be “normal.”

    Since you’re in the US, by “normal” I take it you’re referring to the “normal American diet”? The one that gave us the number one position on the highest world-wide-obesity list?

    Quote: I would like to support the idea of 0 carbohydrates with better arguments but promoting it with opinions don’t get me any proof they are right.

    Just for clarification for anyone reading this, I’ve never stated that a zero carbohydrate diet would be beneficial nor do I advocate a zero carb diet.

    Our debate on this subject is closed as far as I’m concerned. We’ve both responded to the other’s opinions, and I’m sure nothing is going to change either of our opinions on this.

    Able

    #69875

    betterin2012
    Member
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

    Speaking of Carbohydrates, what is an acceptable Carbohydrate # per day for phase 2 ?

    Some of the foods on the allowed list for this phase have carbs, so obviously we need to pay close attention to how much of it we eat.

    Also I read Coconut flour or Coconut bread has very little Digestible Carbs. I’m wondering is the digestible Carbohydrate amount the actual amount on the label or is it lower than this? For example, Bob’s Red Mill flour has 8 grams of Carbs. Is this all digestible?

    #69876

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    betterin2012 wrote: Bob’s Red Mill flour has 8 grams of Carbs. Is this all digestible?

    Good question.

    Non-digestible carbohydrates are composed of fiber which passes through the digestive tract without being broken down and absorbed by the body. Because of this it leaves the body basically unaltered instead of contributing to health problems like starch and sugar do.

    Coconut is a low-carb, high-fiber food; eight ounces of shredded coconut contains only 3 grams of digestible carbohydrates and 9 grams of
    non-digestible fiber.

    Able

    #69882

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Able900 wrote: Coconut is a low-carb, high-fiber food; eight ounces of shredded coconut contains only 3 grams of digestible carbohydrates and 9 grams of
    non-digestible fiber.

    Does that mean shredded coconut is okay for phase 1? I thought it looked okay from the nutrition info and the fact it has anti-fungal properties, but raster said to leave it for stage 2.

    As for the carb issue, I think it’s clear that the food pyramid is inexcusably wrong. I’m sure the figure is higher now, but a book I read printed in the 90s claimed over 60% of Americans die from degenerative diseases. Clearly, “normal” isn’t something we should be aspiring to. That doesn’t mean demonising carbs like misguided goons have been doing with fat and cholesterol; it means finding a balance that reliably maintains health.

    Personally, I don’t see what’s wrong with the stage 2 diet at all. You get ample amounts of all macronutrients with a high amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Obviously stage 1 isn’t especially healthy, and I doubt anyone believes a short-term anti-yeast diet is going to be a great source of nutrition. Still, it’s gotta be better than sodas, ready-meals and take-aways.

    #69885

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Javizy wrote: Does that mean shredded coconut is okay for phase 1? I thought it looked okay from the nutrition info and the fact it has anti-fungal properties, but raster said to leave it for stage 2.

    If you notice on the “Allowed Foods” list coconut is acceptable after the first two weeks of the cleanse/diet. I ate raw coconut, coconut manna, and coconut condensed cream daily throughout my treatment and continue to have it today.

    Able

    #69886

    Munoz
    Member
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

    I think you both Able and Jorge are right at some point, I completely disagree with the “junk” carbohydrates, but the body can properly use some healthy carbos.

    Also men and women have different constitution and needs,(no need to specify) our bodies work different than men, so maybe something is really good for men but is not good for women, we can not treat our bodies all equal, if we do, we are doing what Doctors are doing, so what is the point?, just prescribing the same thing for everyone. Is good that you guys are so knowledgeable and can share all that with us.

    I just feel bad for the people is really trying with this diet and no results or even worse like Caitie she got edema, we all think we are doing the best for our bodies, I dont think we are doing all this effort expecting to get worse, so lets help eachother.

    Tomorrow I will be 2 months on the diet, I had carrot/cucumber/celery/parsley Juice today and I am planning to introduce some carbohydrates slowly. I am tired of coconut bread as much as I love it, I can make it with my eyes closed !! all sugar I had for 2 months was a quarter of one bombom of chocolate and the carrots today. Also for my experience with yogurt and kefir, wait at least 3 weeks after the cleansing phase and be sure the yogurt is properly made and you are not drinking just thick milk which feeds candida.

    There are some good recipes for nut breads and other good stuff suitable for candida diet as well in: http://www.pecanbread.com/new/recipes

    #69887

    johnny22
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 23

    I would like to add my tuppence to the discussion ( I think the expression is correct).Anyway
    I have never had as much energy as I have since I started the candida diet 3 months ago. Like the protocol on the forum, I haven’t had any carbs except those in green and other vegetables. Prior to the diet, I used to feel lethargic all the time and had to push myself to do the most basic things.
    I ate normally like most people following the dietary advice that is constantly being given out.

    I don’t know about others but even when I am done with Candida I plan to make only minor changes and pretty much eat like this for the rest of my life.

    #69892

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    johnny22 wrote: I would like to add my tuppence to the discussion ( I think the expression is correct).Anyway
    I have never had as much energy as I have since I started the candida diet 3 months ago. Like the protocol on the forum, I haven’t had any carbs except those in green and other vegetables. Prior to the diet, I used to feel lethargic all the time and had to push myself to do the most basic things.
    I ate normally like most people following the dietary advice that is constantly being given out.

    I don’t know about others but even when I am done with Candida I plan to make only minor changes and pretty much eat like this for the rest of my life.

    Do you really thing the carbohydrates are which cause your fatigue or lack of energy ??
    The carbohydrates aren’t responsible if you have fermentation in the gut. It is a problem you have. Candida overgrowth or bacterial overgrowth, both, respond to a low carbohydrate diet. If you correct the problem, the carbohydrates will give you more energy that what you have now.

    Prior to the diet,I used to feel lethargic all the time and had to push myself to do the most basic things.

    Of course, If you have an intestinal overgrowth or fermentation in the gut caused by bacterias, and at the same time you are feeding it with carbohydrates, there will be more toxic wastes and by-products that are responsible for the fatigue you feel. It isn’t the carbohydrates but what candida or bacterias are producing !!!

    #69901

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    dvjorge wrote: Do you really think the carbohydrates are which cause your fatigue or lack of energy ?? The carbohydrates aren’t responsible if you have fermentation in the gut.

    Interesting research results:

    People who do not crave carbohydrates were found to feel more fatigued, less alert, sleepy, and experience an increase in depression after a carbohydrate enriched meal.

    People who crave carbohydrates were found to feel less to no change in the same aspects.
    Source: American Journal of Epidemiology Copyright © 2000 by The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health

    From a research study performed by the American Psychological Association concerning the psychobiological effects of carbohydrates on humans as reported in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Vol 50, May 1989.
    Conclusion: Higher carbohydrate meals produce fatigue.

    #69903

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    Able900 wrote:

    Do you really think the carbohydrates are which cause your fatigue or lack of energy ?? The carbohydrates aren’t responsible if you have fermentation in the gut.

    Interesting research results:

    People who do not crave carbohydrates were found to feel more fatigued, less alert, sleepy, and experience an increase in depression after a carbohydrate enriched meal.

    People who crave carbohydrates were found to feel less to no change in the same aspects.
    Source: American Journal of Epidemiology Copyright © 2000 by The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health

    From a research study performed by the American Psychological Association concerning the psychobiological effects of carbohydrates on humans as reported in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Vol 50, May 1989.
    Conclusion: Higher carbohydrate meals produce fatigue.

    You can spend some time reading these articles !!
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09362.html
    http://www.fitness.gov/nutrition.pdf
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/Carbohydrates.htm
    I can post 20 links if you want !!
    Again, if you have fermentation in the gut or candida, eating carbohydrates will cause more fatigue, but it isn’t caused by the carbs directly if not because the toxins released cause it.

    #69904

    +Christian+
    Member
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

    oh yeah? well how come everyone isnt falling over dead with cardiovascular disease?? Because those studies are not accurate and there is a vast number of factors that cannot be controlled. Health is influenced by genetics, lifestyle, exercise, diet, and it is sometimes just a big lottery. I am not doubting a low carb diets benefits because maybe there is some benefits and if it makes you feel good, good. But honestly you cannot correlate health accurately towards anything you mentioned.

    #69913

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Able900 wrote: If you notice on the “Allowed Foods” list coconut is acceptable after the first two weeks of the cleanse/diet. I ate raw coconut, coconut manna, and coconut condensed cream daily throughout my treatment and continue to have it today.

    Is coconut condensed cream the same as creamed coconut? The hard block that you grate and mix with water (pic here)? If not, what do you think of that stuff? The one in my local supermarket is 100% coconut (no other ingredients).

    dvjorge wrote: You can spend some time reading these articles !!
    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09362.html
    http://www.fitness.gov/nutrition.pdf
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sportsnutrition/a/Carbohydrates.htm

    Sports nutrition is hardly relevant to us, even those of us who have hobbies like jogging. This sort of stuff only applies to athletes or people who spend a large amount of their free-time exercising.

    Part of the problem in talking about “carbs” is that the effects will differ significantly depending on the type of carb. It’s easy to see how people eating cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, fries for dinner and snacking on sweets can crash in-between meals and generally feel crappy, but those eating complex, low-GI carbs like lentils and vegetables aren’t going to suffer the same problems.

    +Christian+ wrote: oh yeah? well how come everyone isnt falling over dead with cardiovascular disease?? Because those studies are not accurate and there is a vast number of factors that cannot be controlled. Health is influenced by genetics, lifestyle, exercise, diet, and it is sometimes just a big lottery. I am not doubting a low carb diets benefits because maybe there is some benefits and if it makes you feel good, good. But honestly you cannot correlate health accurately towards anything you mentioned.

    I agree with what you’re saying about the causes being hard to single out, but people are falling over dead with heart disease. Non-communicable diseases, like heart disease and diabetes, are the leading cause of death in the world. Kind of shocking when you think about how many die from simple infections in less-developed countries.

    #69915

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Javizy wrote:

    If you notice on the “Allowed Foods” list coconut is acceptable after the first two weeks of the cleanse/diet. I ate raw coconut, coconut manna, and coconut condensed cream daily throughout my treatment and continue to have it today.

    Is coconut condensed cream the same as creamed coconut? The hard block that you grate and mix with water (pic here)? If not, what do you think of that stuff? The one in my local supermarket is 100% coconut (no other ingredients).
    Yes, this appears to be the same only in block form.
    By the way, I’ve never used this form, but I doubt you need to mix it with water. You might try it without water if this is the type you have or plan to obtain.

    Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Carbohydrates’ is closed to new replies.