Carbohydrate- how many grams?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Carbohydrate- how many grams?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yoni 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Yoni
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

Hello everyone,

I am new at this great site. I red all of the clear candida’s stages, but I have question.
    I started my diet before 2 weeks which consists of 30% protein, and the sources are: eggs, non-fat cottage chease, tuna chunks in water, and sometimes chicken breast.
    The fats includes 25-30% of the total diet calories, and the sources are: natural olive oil, almond & walnust (not roasted), and natural sesame oil.
    My carbohydartes sources are- whole wheat bread (free of yeast), oats (quacker), tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber and green pepper. The problem is the carbohydrates. I don’t know how many grams/ percents of Carbs my diet should consist,Is 40-50% of the total calories are recommended? In additional to my diet, I supplement with Multivitamin and minerals, Milk thistle, and probiotics. I used to do aerobics (30 min twice a week) plus some weightlifting (3 times a week) but I took some rest because the low carbs which caused to weakness and weight drop, but the main reasons are because I had (still have sometimes) bad feelings such powerful headaches, joints pain (knees and elbows), bone pain at the legs and arms…

It would be great if someone will share his professional knowledge for helping me to get rid of this Candida and get my life back.

Best regards,
    Yoni.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Yoni, and welcome to the forum.

There are a few things on your diet that will do nothing for you other than prolong your treatment period as they are feeding the Candida each time you eat them.
    These items are cottage cheese, whole wheat bread (even though it’s yeast free), and oats.

Look for the recipe for coconut bread in the “Recipes” section of the forum and make this instead of having wheat bread. It’s very filling and will supply you with the correct type of carbohydrates plus protein. The other carbs will come from vegetables, meat and chicken or fish. That’s correct; all of these items contain carbs.

You should also take the walnuts out of your diet, and add coconut oil for your oil source as well as extra calories to prevent weight loss, and it’s an excellent antifungal. In addition to this, coconut oil will help your system to change to a type of environment that is not Candida friendly, as your body had previously adapted a friendly environment for Candida, otherwise, you would not have the infestation.

Personally, I don’t have Candida, but I eat a completely healthy diet in order to retain the health I enjoy. I eat no carbohydrates other than the amounts that are in fresh vegetables, coconut bread, chicken and fish. No wheat products, no sugar, no soda, coffee or tea, and no ‘white foods’ at all. I have more energy than I need, and it’s now been over 16 years since I have needed an antibiotic. I give my diet full credit for my health.

If you stop eating all the ‘extra’ carbs, your body will adjust to this, you just have to give it time to do so. Once you do this, you’ll find that you do not miss the carbohydrate foods. In addition, this diet will speed up your cure much more than if you’re having daily sources of carbohydrates such as wheat products and cottage cheese.

Do you know how long you’ve had Candida, and how are your symptoms at this time?
    Also, what specifically are the probiotics and multiple vitamins you’re taking?

Able

Yoni

Hi Abbe, Thank you for your fast reply and tolerance!

First of all I am from Israel, and for some reason most of the dieticians suggest include cottage cheese and whole wheat bread (free of yeast), and oats as a part of the diet. I will take all of your advices about those foods and replace them soon. About the coconut bread, I will definitely bake it, but can I eat it free as a part of my diet calorie calculation? About the vegetables, can I eat them free too? even that they contain starch? or I should give up of trying to maintain the positive calorie intake?
    I am so curious about it because I want to gain back my lost weight (I lost 22 LBS, most of it was lean muscle)…

Unfortunately, I have been suffer from Candida for 3 years. I discovered it accidently by a blood test for foods sensitive by privete clinic. I told to myself that it is my last chance to find out what cause to this horror symptoms. I was so desperate after I visited many doctors that diagnosed it as a IBS syndrome by unpleasant tests. 3 years I lived with a feeling that something wrong with me, but no one beleived it- especially the doctors sayings that “it is psychosomatic”…The symptoms are variable since I changed my diet (one week ago). Sometimes they so powerfull and sometimes I feel good like I got my life back 🙂

The multivitamin that I use belongs to Optimum brand- OptiMen.
    The probiotics is of some Israeli brand, and containd over 6 billions microorganism per use. My mind is open for other brands…

By the way, I must to mark your eating habits which are peferct. it is well known that a strict nutrition influence health body. That is Insiprie inspire!

Thank you Able!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Yoni.

I understand the number of microorganism that your probiotic contains is 6 billion per capsule, but what is the number of different strains? I wouldn’t bother you with this again if it wasn’t extremely important to your treatment and ultimate recovery.

The strains should be listed on the back of the container with such names as Bacillus, L. acidophilus, and Bifidobacterium. All groups of beneficial make up a huge part of your immune system and are responsible for preventing colds, flu, and such things as Candida albicans from taking hold of the human body.
    They are classified as different groups and each group is different in some way from the others. For example, all L. acidophilus bacteria contain basically the same genetic makeup and even react to stimuli the same way. So this is why you need as many different groups, strains or types of beneficial bacteria as possible in order to treat the Candida in a manner conducive to a cure. How many of the capsules are you taking in one day?

Three years is a long time to have the infestation. Please understand that the longer you’ve had the infestation, normally the longer it takes to cure. So you will need to adhere to the strict Candida diet until each and every aspect of the infestation has been removed. You can trust that it is entirely possible to obtain the needed nutrients and calories in order to take care of your body throughout the treatment.

The coconut bread is important to obtaining calories and protein, and pure organic coconut oil is full of nutrients and antifungals as well as needed calories.
    You don’t want to be eating any type of vegetable which is considered to be a ‘starchy’ food as this will feed the Candida just the same as sugar does. “Green” vegetables are what you want to purchase. You can eat them raw or lightly steamed, but try not to ‘over-boil’ them as you will break down the fibers and remove most of the nutrients by doing this. If you can purchase a good juicer you can also make your own vegetable juice which is perfect for the Candida diet.

Avoid all red meat and pork during your treatment.

Please read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” if you’ve not already done so as it is important in the fight to recover your health during this time.
    It’s extremely important to obtain enough water during your entire treatment as it will help to remove the toxins released by the Candida throughout the infestation and treatment. Try to drink only water during the day and will all meals. Adding a few classes of fresh lemon water is also a good idea as it works as a detox agent in the body.

The multiple vitamin you’re taking does not contain enough vitamin D. Look at the amounts of vitamin A and vitamin D. These two depend on each other for absorption. Both amounts should be at the very least 100% of the MDR (Multiple Daily Requirement), but these are out balance and therefore will eventually cause an unbalance of the natural ratio in your body, thus cause a deficiency of vitamin D since it is such a low amount. We can say the exact same thing about the various B vitamins in the capsule as their numbers are also out of balance as you can see.

Don’t worry about keeping a log of your calorie intake unless you just wish to do so. Simply focus on getting all you want to eat throughout the day. Keep such things as organic boiled eggs, avocados, and the coconut bread on hand for quick snacks when you start feeling hungry in between meals.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning this part of the treatment.

Able

Yoni

Thank you again Able, I so appreciate that!

My probiotic’s strains numbers of one capsule are:
    L. acidophilus- 1.5 Milliards
    L. bulgaricus- 1.5 Milliards
    B. bifidum- 1.5 Milliards
    S. thermophilus- 1.5 Milliards
    I consume 1 capsule in one day. Should I take 2 at different meals?

About the Multi-vitamin that lack of vitamin D: The weather here in Israel is very hot (35-40 degrees) I am exposed to the sun 20 min a day or more. Is it still necessary to supplement more of vitamin D?

I imagine to myself that three years of infestation is a long time and same is the time to cure. I go strict with my diet and I am optimistic (maybe because I’m 25 years old). I really feel better after I changed my diet, especially after I reduced the amouts of the bread and the oats from my diet, and I will totaly take it out as soon as the coconut oil/bread will be a part of my diet.

I have few more quetions please:

1) Can I eat tomatoes? it is the only non green vegetable that show up at the “food to eat” list.
    2) Can I eat yogurt-bio even if it made of cow milk and include lactose? or it should be a goat’s yogurt-bio?
    3) I saw the brown rice at the good list too. So, can I replace the bread with the brown rice, which is good source of Carbs?
    4) Can I eat natural almonds butter?
    5) Can I drink soy milk- sugar free?

Thank you for your proffetional answer and for your tolerance. I took all your advises and I will implement each one of them.

Regards,
    Yoni.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Yoni.

Quote: About the Multi-vitamin that lack of vitamin D: The weather here in Israel is very hot (35-40 degrees) I am exposed to the sun 20 min a day or more. Is it still necessary to supplement more of vitamin D?
    Reply: You’re very lucky to have sun exposure as often as you do. However, I had the pleasure of spending about a month in and around Jerusalem many years ago, and I remember how ‘wet’ and cool the winters in that area could be, so I’m assuming that the sun isn’t available 365 days a year in your area? Depending on just how many days a year you’re able to spend in the sun, you may need a supplement during certain months as extra vitamin D is needed during the Candida treatment.
    Your questions:

1) Can I eat tomatoes? it is the only non green vegetable that show up at the “food to eat” list.
    Reply: Yes, but you’ll want to treat these as a test food; in other words, eat only a few bites one day and wait for at least two to three days to see if receive a Candida symptom reaction. If so, wait at least ten more days before trying it again. If you receive no reaction, I see nothing wrong with having them occasionally.

2) Can I eat yogurt-bio even if it made of cow milk and include lactose? or it should be a goat’s yogurt-bio?
    Reply: Yes, but again, treat it as a test food and have it only very sparingly for the first month.

3) I saw the brown rice at the good list too. So, can I replace the bread with the brown rice, which is good source of Carbs?
    Reply: Personally I would avoid all starch foods for at least a month, this includes brown rice.

4) Can I eat natural almond butter?
    Reply: If you can obtain organic almond butter then you should at least try it. The only reason I’m not in favor of nuts or nut butters on the diet is the fungus that most contain.

5) Can I drink soy milk- sugar free?
    Reply: I’m sorry, but all soy products should be avoided during the Candida treatment.

Able

Yoni

THANK YOU again able!

I’m glad to hear that you had fun here in Israel :). Jerusalem beautiful and there is special weather. Most areas in Israel are very hot and the winter is only one or two months. I will buy another Multiviamin with better propotions of vitamins.

I change my diet exactly as you said. I took out the soy, milk (except the BIO-yougurt), whole wheat bread-yeast free, brown rice… I am going to stick with this diet untill I will be cure.

I have 2 last questions please:
    1) There is no coconut flour Israel :/. There is another option for baking anything that can fit to the Candida diet?
    2) Can I drink natural protein powder that has non sugar, artificial flavours and artificial colors, and the flavour is natural?
    Those are the ingredients:
    Provon Whey Protein Isolate Produced By Patented CFM Cross Flow Microfiltration Method, Non-GMO Lecithin

Regards,

Yoni.

Able900
    Spectator

Hey there, Yoni.

The impurities as well as the casein, which is the part of milk which causes allergic reaction, are removed to make whey, so I imagine this would be safe. But I would still treat it as a test food just to be certain. I’m assuming the protein drink contains no sugar.

In several studies, a particular part of whey protein called lactoferrin was shown to inhibit certain yeasts, bacteria, and intestinal parasites. It was concluded that lactoferrin could be an important part of the immune defense against Candida C. albicans, an especially strong type of Candida.

As far as the cocont flour bread is concerned, you can use either or a mixture of both of the following, brown rice bran flour and milled flax seed.

Able

Yoni

Hello Able,

Thank you for your fast replys and for the professional answers!!! also this professional website that include important information and people like you. Soon, all the foods will be available for me (I ordered the coconut flour from US). I will write at the future some details of my cure progress.

Many Thanks,

Yoni.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Carbohydrate- how many grams?’ is closed to new replies.