Can't SEE Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can't SEE Candida?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  faither 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

I saw a gastroenterologist and he said that Candida doesn’t exist because they have never SEEN it in the gut lining, colon, small bowel etc. Is this true?! Has anyone SEEN Candida in their gut?

I thought that it tends to live in the small bowel which is difficult for Doctors to look at, so it could be hiding there?

I hate this, he basically said I need to “eat normally” from now on.. but the problem is I CAN’T EAT normally! Gah.

If anyone has any insight into this seeing Candida thing that would be great. Because I’m confused, and disheartened.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to go to a doctor that understands this syndrome and not a regular western doctor. The GI doctor should be able to do tests such as the candida antibody test, etc.

You might want to go the allergist route for a diagnosis or get it done on your own.

-raster

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Thanks Raster, I know I need to see someone different, and I am!

But do you have any ideas/insight in relation to actually seeing the Candida? I can’t find any concrete examples of what it looks like online…

I’m not saying it’s made up, i’m just confused- we can see the thrush in our mouths and genitals, why not the gut?

raster
    Participant

Well its microscopic and it lives in a variety of places. For instance, it lives on our skin and so you could potentially do skin samples and put in petri dish…

And then it lives in our mucousal membranes. You can’t really inspect these areas.

And our colon is another place…but there’s so much junk in there that its likely hard to seperate from other matter.

It lives at the microscopic level so you shouldn’t be able to visually see it in most cases.

-raster

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Hi raster, i’m new here and i need your help. I’ve got a severe case of this candida. Over the last 10 years I’ve been taking Prilosec for an ulcer, well it seems to have thrown my whole system out of wack. I’m extremely hypoglycemic, have been for 10 years. Hypoglycemia started when I first started taking antacids. I still have an ulcer that is not under control, although since I learned about candida 2 months ago I stopped taking Prilosec, and take previcid instead. If I don’t take something for the ulcer, I can’t eat anything.

My condition took a major turn for the worse 3 years ago. Literally overnight i started having extreme anxiety issues and panic attacks like I was going to pass out at really bad times.(driving) And with that came this brain fog that has totally ruined my life. The skin issues are minor compared to these other symptoms.

I’ve done a lot of research and am having problems deciding what to do. It’s obvious to me that the bacteria has gotten into my blood stream and is having a party in my brain. A lot of the feedback in the candida sites are people who aren’t having as severe of a infection as I am having. What treatment specifically will affect the candida in my blood and brain? What process do you recommend raster, and please be specific?

thank you for caring enough to be here for those who need you.

raster
    Participant

I’d recommend consulting a naturopathic doctor who can treat you long term and give you specific treatments for your specific symptoms. For instance, a good naturopath could treat your hypoglycemia, ulcers, acid problems, skin conditions, thyroid health, liver, etc. all at the same time. I have one here in portland that has treated 4+ forum members and thats pretty much the only doctor I recommend. He can treat people remotely. You might want one that is local.

There are others around the us:
    https://www.functionalmedicine.org/practitioner_search.aspx?id=117

-raster

faither

Thanks for the advice raster. Would you give me some contact information for your doctor there in Portland?

faither

Can you give me your opinion on luferen and threelac? Also if you don’t mind, can you give me a step by step treatment on how to fight the candida? I’m disabled and have no insurance or much money to fight this. Any advice would be appreciated. Of coarse i’m going to look into the naturopath, but you probably know as much or more than anyone I will find.

thanks

raster
    Participant

Well unfortunately, going to a naturopath costs a bunch of money. Its $140/hr plus the supplements (which run a few hundred dollars per month) so its going to be tough to afford it.

The products I recommend most include SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne and HMF neuro by genestra. Threelac is a low count low strain probiotic that we don’t recommend; it’d be much better to get human derived probiotics or a high strain high count probiotic in comparison.

Basically to get better, the main thing you need is the strict diet. On top of that you need antifungals and probiotics (mentioned above). Eating all organic foods are also quite important. Then you’ll need specific supplements for your specific symptoms and you’ll basically have to figure this out on your own. Vitamin C is quite important as well as anti-inflammatory supplements. You’ll also need a detox plan once you start so you don’t suffer from the die-off toxins. This is very important. All of these topics are covered on the forum if you were to do some searching.

I don’t have a step by step plan because a lot of this is trial and error, especially if you go the treat yourself route.

-raster

faither

The two products you recommended, are they antifungals or probiotics?

And thanks for you help.

faither

last question, a lot of people are talking about luferen. Whats your stance on it,i think I can guess your answer, but could you give it to me anyway?

raster
    Participant

I don’t know what luferenen is but I do not recommend it. There isn’t one single product that will cure you and this is going to be a long term battle.

SF722 is a fatty acid antifungal.

HMF Neuro is a probiotic.

-raster

faither

Thanks for your help raster.

My wife and I have a the diet figured out, we even found a candida site where a guy was dealing with the hypoglycemia and still be able to stick to the candida diet. I also found some natural ways to deal with my ulcers, I hope they work.

After a lot of research, were going to go with the Sf722 you recommended for the antifungal. And for the probiotic we chose Advanced probiotic 10 by natures bounty. If you have any concerns about the probiotic we chose, please let me know.

The diet we are going with is by a guy named mcombs. It’s a 16 week detailed diet that deals specifically with the hypoglycemia along with the candida.

The one part i’m not sure were dealing with is the detox. Laying out our plan, is there something we need to add for the detoxification?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can't SEE Candida?’ is closed to new replies.