Can't beat the burn

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can't beat the burn

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

harrietjlawson
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello,
    I’m new to here but not new to candida. I had a major battle with it 10 years ago and it seems the war has begun again. I have been on a strict candida diet for 3 months now- zero sugar, including fruit, no dairy, very few grains (just brown rice, quinoa and gluten free oats), no caffeine, very low meat intake, no eggs, nothing fermented. I’m taking caprylluc acid, probiotics, vit c,vit d, magnésium, zinc, calcium, astralgus,milk thistle, l-glutamine, psyllium husk and omega 3 oil. My symptoms just will not shift- particularly the vaginal burning (tmi??!!) and brain fog.. feeling really hopeless and like there is just no way out ?. Anyone got any ideas??

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I am also still dealing with symptoms, in my case chronic pelvic pain and irritable bowel syndrome.

Are you seeing any progress? Do you tolerate raw garlic, turmeric or ginger? Have you looked into vaginal probiotics?

harrietjlawson
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Hi jaumeb
    I eat quite a bit of raw turmeric and ginger- mainly in green juice and I take garlic caps every day..

I sometimes feel like I’m progressing only to fall back again in a day or two.. I feel like I’m missing something- like I’m eating something that is causing an issue but I just don’t know what..

Have you tried l- glutamine? It’s very effective in healing the gut and I think can be quite good for irritable bowel- you have to start slowly when you start taking it but might be useful for you..? Also it might be worth having your illeo cecal (sic?)valve checked.. when killing yeast the valve can get affected giving irritable bowel symptoms.. might be worth a check..

Good luck.. 🙂

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I would cut the grains. For example, rice is around 70 % starch. Starch turns to sugar. So if you eat 100 grams of rice you just ate 70 grams of sugar.
    There are many antifungals you could be taking: grapefruit seed extract, oil of oregano, garlic, nystatin, fluconazole,…

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

I don’t tolerate turmeric/ginger/raw garlic. I tried l-glutamine in the past but it didn’t solve the problem. How can I check the ileo-cecal valve? It would not surprise me if it is not working properly.

I used to sleep on my belly and some two months ago I started sleeping on my back and I think that was a step in the right direction.

Do you think your stress levels could be contributing to your symptoms?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My ND has stated that candida in the kidneys can cause candida related infections on genitals. The only way to address this problem is to focus on the yeast in the kidneys. I don’t know what his plan for this entails but just wanted to throw my two cents in there. If you are doing the typical starvation and diet protocol, it doesn’t work for most people so you need to do something else like a biofilm protocol or hypo-sensitization immune allergy shots, etc.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can't beat the burn’ is closed to new replies.