Can't afford suppliments can I get rid of Candida with just a strict diet for now?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Can't afford suppliments can I get rid of Candida with just a strict diet for now?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  HeatherLmt 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

HeatherLmt
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

Hello I am 30 yrs old, my name is Heather and I am starting the phase 2 of the diet. I can not currently afford any suppliments to do the cleanse with, and I was wondering if anyone thought that I would have good results with starting at phase 2 and then in a month or 2, when I can afford it, do the cleanse and then follow the diet in the proper order from that point on. I am just anxious to drop the sugar and gluten and see If I start feeling better, having more energy and get rid of those not so friendly re-occuring Y-infections and blotchy itchy skin on my upper arms. Also when I can afford it I want to do the more difficult cleanse with just the liquids. I know I can do this because I had done a juice fast for 7 days. I would like to know what suppliments you all think would be best if you were doing the more extreme cleanse. How many different suppliments should I get and what order should I use them. I will eventually get the book. I really wanted to do that first but I would rather not wait to get started and on the right track. Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks….. Oh and I am really looking forward to making my own yogurt, kombucha, and Kefir!!!

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I think u should send able a message for the protocol it has everything u need to know in it

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

You really do not need to do the cleanse at all. Many of us didn’t do it and went straight into the diet. Now, the diet alone will not fix your problem although it might help get rid of some symptoms at first. As it seems that your symptoms are not as extreme as some of us experience, you may just do the diet, eat as many anti-fungal foods as you can, but the key is restoring your gut flora. To do this you will need some high quality probiotics and fermented foods, home made kefir in the first place.

Now, even though you are on the stretched budget and cannot afford supplements (and you are not alone there either), it is highly recommended that you start on few supplements BEFORE doing the treatment! These are discussed here on the forum (I will post links for you). You must protect your liver and kidneys from toxins because when you start killing the yeast it will release poison, same way it releases it while living in your body but larger amount.

Below are some useful posts I suggest you read before you get started. I say before because you don’t know how much candida you have. I had very hard die-off from just applying web sites diet! There is a more strict diet developed by members of this forum who are healed and symptom free. It is a bit more difficult but it should help you reach your goal a bit faster and more efficiently.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4622_Useful-Links-and-Forum-Posts.aspx

Happy reading and good luck with your treatment!

Arijana

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

Hi,
    If you check the stickied thread on supplements I believe on of the moderators comments that all the supplements are non-essential EXCEPT a good quality probiotic. Having said that you will suffer if you don’t take the molybdenum and milk thistle too, so those are the 3 essential supplements.

Also bare in mind the idea of false economy, not using good antifungals can delay your recovery meaning you need to take the essential supplements for longer which will cost you more money!

Personally I only use the virgin coconut oil and rely on getting the rest of the antifungals from food sources [sprouts, rutabaga, garlic etc.] but i have CFS so i am taking things less aggressively.

I’m also getting a vit c that contains 20% spirulina so that will also kill of the candida i believe.

Sorry just noticed you are talking specifically about the cleanse? This is optional so i skipped it due to my cfs.

Hi, Timmy.

Actually, everything on the list is optional, as I’m sure that, during this period of time especially, many people are experiencing economical problems. I suppose if I was asked to name one thing that is not optional in the entire treatment, in other words, one thing that is absolutely necessary for even a long term cure, it would have to be a good probiotic, as no one will actually be able to cure a Candida albicans infestation without this.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you look at the proper and safe cleanse link, you don’t need any supplements other than molybdenum while on the cleanse.

Additionally, you don’t need to purchase supplements during the cleanse because they will all be detoxed through the body very quickly, where did you see that you need supplements on the cleanse? If you are referring the clay and psyllium husk cleanse on the website, this can cause major problems because you could be constipated for days. It doesn’t really do much either in terms of improving your health or reducing candida numbers.

What kind of diet you were you thinking of having on phase 2? What kind of timeline were you planning on to recover?

We follow different stages on the forum:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term candida diet
    stage 2: basically when you are symptom free and can tolerate more molds, sugar, starches, etc.
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet

You should start phase 1 of the diet when you do it because phase 2 is for you when you get better…

Plan on a 6-18+ month recovery timeline to get better. If you don’t purchase any supplements while on the long term diet, plan on a very long or indefinite recovery.

-raster

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi HeatherLmt,

I just want to encourage you to stick with it. It make take longer so what. Everyday you stick to it your one day closer to being done with it. Who knows finances might change.
    TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!!!!!!
    Miriam

HeatherLmt

Thank you to every one for responding to my post. Today I was so focused on starting eating better that I was afraid to eat anything in my house, When I was done watching the two boys that I take care of around 4pm I ran to the supermarket. By that point I hadn’t ate anything and I had my list of foods in hand. When I finally got home and sat down to eat it was almost 7 pm. Oh my god, all day and I hadn’t eaten. Then I had salmon baked with some mustard powder and cracked black pepper, A big pile of steamed broccoli, and a mixed greens salad with, A whole avocado sliced and 5 cherrie tomatoes. I also had 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, about 4 oz, of Kefir, 4 oz of coconut milk, and 6 oz of Kombucha. Now I cheated because the Kombucha and Kefir are not homemade, they were organic, from a health food store. IS that okay until I can make my own?? Also, can I use Quinoa flour to make pancakes for breakfast or do I have to wait until I am candida free?

HeatherLmt

Raster, Oh by the way …..Yes the psyllium and clay were what I was talking about for suppliments.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Quinoa flour to make pancakes for breakfast or do I have to wait until I am candida free?

Quinoa flour is not the best flour for the Candida diet. The best flour is Coconut flour, followed by buckwheat.

You can make pancakes, here’s a link to a thread with recipes:http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6369_Pancake-recipe-that-works.aspx

alexalgebra
    Replies: 643

HeatherLmt;35027 wrote: Thank you to every one for responding to my post. Today I was so focused on starting eating better that I was afraid to eat anything in my house, When I was done watching the two boys that I take care of around 4pm I ran to the supermarket. By that point I hadn’t ate anything and I had my list of foods in hand. When I finally got home and sat down to eat it was almost 7 pm. Oh my god, all day and I hadn’t eaten. Then I had salmon baked with some mustard powder and cracked black pepper, A big pile of steamed broccoli, and a mixed greens salad with, A whole avocado sliced and 5 cherrie tomatoes. I also had 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, about 4 oz, of Kefir, 4 oz of coconut milk, and 6 oz of Kombucha. Now I cheated because the Kombucha and Kefir are not homemade, they were organic, from a health food store. IS that okay until I can make my own?? Also, can I use Quinoa flour to make pancakes for breakfast or do I have to wait until I am candida free?

Have you contacted Able500 for the strict diet? No quinoa flour, also the first part of the cleanse is basically just veggies for a week or two. You can then start adding in test foods like the kefir, coconut milk, etc. (as well as buckwheat flour and oat bran). Tomatoes are not on the diet – too much sugar.

HeatherLmt

Why does it list tomatoes on the foods list then? I thought they have too much sugar. I have not yet contacted Able500. I am just figuring out how to do everything on this site.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We have a forum food list that is more strict than the website’s. In fact, we barely follow anything that is on the website because a lot of the information is incorrect.

For instance the website promotes beef as being ok to eat but this takes 2+ days to digest for most people, which ferments in the gut and produces ammonia. Ammonia and fermented food in the gut is something that candida can thrive on and thus you shouldn’t eat beef. Chicken and fish in comparison take abou 4 hours to digest.

Nuts and seeds contain mold which is problematic if you have a candida infestation. The only way to reduce the mold found in these two items is to roast and soak them before consumption. The website doesn’t mention this and thinks its a safe item to eat.

The website also promotes rice as something that is safe for the diet. Unfortunately, if you have digestive problems, rice will likely ferment in the gut and is something hard for the body to digest. Additionally, it is high in starch, contains some sugar, and is inflammatory:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

Starch basically converts to sugar so you should avoid items such as corn, carrots, potatoes, etc…but why is rice ok? Its not in my opinion.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

HeatherLmt;35109 wrote: Why does it list tomatoes on the foods list then? I thought they have too much sugar. I have not yet contacted Able500. I am just figuring out how to do everything on this site.

Sorry to butt in, but the name is Able900 instead of 500.

Thanks, Able

alexalgebra
    Replies: 643

Able900;35119 wrote:

Why does it list tomatoes on the foods list then? I thought they have too much sugar. I have not yet contacted Able500. I am just figuring out how to do everything on this site.

Sorry to butt in, but the name is Able900 instead of 500.

Thanks, Able

Sorry about the typo!

HeatherLmt

Thanks for the update on the correct name!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can't afford suppliments can I get rid of Candida with just a strict diet for now?’ is closed to new replies.