Candidiasis of the vagina, any help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candidiasis of the vagina, any help?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fiae 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Emma23
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

I have had candidiasis of the vagina called vaginal yeast infection for several months. My doctor prescribed me some anti-fungal medications to take by mouth. But, recently I’ve found these meds have some unpleasant side effects. And, as soon as I stop taking them, the yeast overgrowth returns very often. Its symptoms are redness, intense itching, and lots of white, thick discharge from my vagina. Could anyone here please suggest what I can do to reduce symptoms and prevent recurrent cadidiasis? Thanks.

sarah825
    Participant
    Replies: 1

The candida diet! Look into it.

Emma23
    Participant

I’m trying eating an anti-candida diet. But the redness, itchiness and irritation are still my big concern. Now I’m using an anti-fungal cream to relieve these symptoms and it seems to work very well. Thanks!

YaenMilton
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Using Fugacil. Last month, I had a bad case of yeast infection with a thick, yellowish vaginal discharge and extreme itching. Prescription meds and home remedies- I tried all of them but saw no result. I then used this cream and the itching decreased visibly after 3 days.

Emma23
    Participant

Thanks. I’m using Fugacil, too. A pharmacist at a local drugstore gave it to me and advised me to apply it twice daily. Although there’s some stinging of the skin while it works, I notice some improvements. A foul-smelling discharge of mine reduces a lot.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

You could try a topical antifungal like coconut oil or tea tree oil too.

Halzbaby
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

I second the advice to use coconut and tea tree oils. They have worked better than prescription anti-fungals for me.

fiae
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Hi Emma,

Talk to your doctor or gynecologist about prescribing you Boric Acid. It isn’t covered under my insurance plan, but it is a life saver. When I first started I inserted 1 capsule (vaginally) every night for 2 weeks, then went down to once or twice a week for maintenance for a couple of months. It definitely helped with all of my symptoms.

Please note that this will NOT cure the internal overgrowth but provide you with temporary relief while working through the diet.

Best of luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candidiasis of the vagina, any help?’ is closed to new replies.