Candidiasis due to toxic mold exposure?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candidiasis due to toxic mold exposure?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Citizenx
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

Hello I am new to this forum and need some advice and help in regards to my current illness. In late Nov 2012 I began to feel sick at first I thought maybe it was just the flu but then my symptoms got worse and worse. At first I feel nausea with no vomiting a constant low grade fever that averaged between 98.9-100.3. Usually would spring up from any activity at all like folding laundry. Then I felt this odd sensation in the sides of my head and temporal areas. My next symptom was my legs calf muscles feel tiff and sore and ached and then my knees started flaring up pain that I figure is akin to arthritis. The cognitive effects kicked in couldn’t think or remember as well and of course he floaters sprung up out of nowhere one morning when awakening. Took 3 months to find out we had Stachybotrys chartarum and Chaetomium and aspergillous and penicillium growing in clusters in our HVAC and adjacent walls they even found it in the air. High spore count of 26,000 of Stachybotrys in one 6×6 sample that was ERMI. Even then had a hard time cole rating that with my health effects but after all the blood tests cme back normal and two MRi came back normal on my spinal chord and brain. we knew it was this as I was perfectly healthy prior. Now 10 months later I’m still sick thy did find candida in a organic acids test so I had been taking nizoral but after 2 weeks if that with no positive results to speak of other than now feeling worse even after cessation 3 days ago. Been seeing Dr. Lieberman but he said my adrenals are low my CD57 or Killer T Cell count is very low around 52. My urine for mycotoxins came back with orchatoxins and tricotherene or something I forget the spelling. But I still feel sick same problems as listed above and chest pain now and even more cognitive problems. Been considering Dr. Shoemakers approach I even have the mold suspectility gene 7-2-53. So sorry about the confusing explanation I guess I need advice about whether anyone else here has gotten sick from black mold and their opinion on a good doctor for that and any opinions on Shoemakers protocol. And whether I need to be concerned with systemic candidiasis I read people have died from this sounds very scary. I had a candida blood test recently awaiting results. All I know is I want to be he way I was 10 or 11 months ago normal and healthy :(.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Hi,
    Be carefull with info from the internet, like this is 😉 We are not MD’s.

I’m afraid that you should talk to your MD about this, since this does not sound like CRC.

But, you can not die from Candida related complex. If you are very immunecompromised, you can get invasive candidasis, but this is a totally different story.

Mold in air and in houses is very common, and if you immunesystem works normal, there is not a big deal about it. Try a walk in a leafy wood, and see if you get the same symptoms/worsen or lessens?
    How do you react when you are out of your home?

Did a diet change help you? Are you reaction to foods at all?

What did change 10-11 month ago? besides your health.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have candida overgrowth related to mold exposure. It has taken about 2 years for me to feel normal. I didn’t go the western medicine route but the naturopathic medicine route.

Essentially the mold caused the bad bugs in your gut to grow and multiply, overtaking your beneficial gut bacteria. The mold damaged multiple organs and now you have really bad symptoms.

What I recommend that you do first of all is get the heck out of the place that has mold. It has likely spread to all of your belongings including your clothing, electronics, carpet, etc. If you continue living with the mold, its going to be difficult to feel better.

You are going to have to change your diet to one that has no gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, starches, etc. This will basically stop feeding the bad bugs that have overgrown in your gut and starve them out. The unfortunate thing about this is you’ll likely have to do the diet for a long period of time (6-18 months) and it’ll cause lots of die-off which essentially makes you feel bad. A way to prevent die-off is to sweat out the toxins via your skin by doing sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, hot tub, etc. Additionally you’ll have to support your liver to get the toxins out of your body.

One thing you should consider doing is going to an allergist and get your allergies tested. You can test to see whether you are allergic to candida, and if you are, then you can take candida allergy shots that allow your immune system to fight it. This is best done in conjunction with the diet.

I have a lot more to say but atleast your symptoms didn’t get worse like they did with me. I ended up having bad heart palpitations and seizures in my sleep from the mold. I have a story posted on the forum if you wish to check it out…it goes over the things I did in the last 2 years to get better.

http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst819_Just-about-the-biggest-epic-fail-candida-story-you-ve-ever-heard.aspx

My story shows you how to not treat it correctly and then improve on your pitfalls.

-raster

Citizenx
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

Well my wife and I left the apartment back in Jan 13 about 2 months after I started getting sick. we found out about the mold and leftASAP thought maybe if we left I would feel better but here Iam 11 months since my initial symptoms stil sick. we did some research and that’s when we discovered Dr Richie Shoemaker and his information on biotoxin illness. I learned that I array mold suspect able gene 7-2-53. according toShoemakers research I have to be out of contamination areas and take cholestyramine and work on rebuilding my affected systems. I have been taking cholestyramine but seems no matter where I go Iam exposed still to mold and so therefor not getting well. but through the organic acids test discovered candida overgrowth did some research online and figured candida may be playing a major role in this as well and why I am not getting well. I have avoided gluten,dairyetc for months now but do notice when I drink coffee I feel worse but it also varies on brand which is weird. mywifeandIhavelostsomuch already I no longer work stopped attending college due to cognitive troubles. we have thrown nearly 90% of our positions away and we just got married 2 years ago this is no way to start a new life together after sucha wonderful wedding. itjustdoesnt seem to stop and I am atmywitsend as what to dotoreturn to wellness. one thing is for sure the toxic mold (mycotoxins)iswhatismaking me I’ll I haven’t doubts about thatmy exposure made me sick and maybe my genetic suspect ability played a role. previuosly mold never affects me but like someone with diabetes gene who eats to muchsugarit began tomanifestgenetically due tithe high exposure. according to Shoemakers researchmy body never built any antibodies to the stuff it basically was unaware of its presence and it was able to fester inside of me wreaking havoc on my well being. It has lowered my immune system I also have reactivated Epstein barr and candida in my gut. Iam. Just unsure how farthe candida has grown in my body I have really bad floaters now post exposure that look like the mold spores do in a microscope. I am awaiting my results from my candida blood test to determine if it’s in my blood. But one thing is for sure the nizoral200mg did not work or help atall. butnothingelse changed from 11 months but my health iam35male and was perfectly healthy my entire life prior to this exposure. I had somany tests done when I firstgotsick all kinds of autoimmune blod tests which came back negative. as farad diet there are so man different diets of this candida eradication that I am. Troubled by what diet to follow. My adrenals are low as well,y doc put me on Cytozyme AD.

LifeReboot
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

I just read your article. There is no indication that you had any seizures. You had some severe panic attacks with prolonged anxiety symptoms. There are so many speculations, and you even admit to them. I’m sorry, but there just aren’t enough evidence to support your case.

raster;48577 wrote: I have candida overgrowth related to mold exposure. It has taken about 2 years for me to feel normal. I didn’t go the western medicine route but the naturopathic medicine route.

Essentially the mold caused the bad bugs in your gut to grow and multiply, overtaking your beneficial gut bacteria. The mold damaged multiple organs and now you have really bad symptoms.

What I recommend that you do first of all is get the heck out of the place that has mold. It has likely spread to all of your belongings including your clothing, electronics, carpet, etc. If you continue living with the mold, its going to be difficult to feel better.

You are going to have to change your diet to one that has no gluten, grains, dairy, sugar, starches, etc. This will basically stop feeding the bad bugs that have overgrown in your gut and starve them out. The unfortunate thing about this is you’ll likely have to do the diet for a long period of time (6-18 months) and it’ll cause lots of die-off which essentially makes you feel bad. A way to prevent die-off is to sweat out the toxins via your skin by doing sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, hot tub, etc. Additionally you’ll have to support your liver to get the toxins out of your body.

One thing you should consider doing is going to an allergist and get your allergies tested. You can test to see whether you are allergic to candida, and if you are, then you can take candida allergy shots that allow your immune system to fight it. This is best done in conjunction with the diet.

I have a lot more to say but atleast your symptoms didn’t get worse like they did with me. I ended up having bad heart palpitations and seizures in my sleep from the mold. I have a story posted on the forum if you wish to check it out…it goes over the things I did in the last 2 years to get better.

http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst819_Just-about-the-biggest-epic-fail-candida-story-you-ve-ever-heard.aspx

My story shows you how to not treat it correctly and then improve on your pitfalls.

-raster

LifeReboot
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Trying to build up a case with your mind already made up, is unscientific. You have to look at the evidence, then come to a conclusion based on the evidence. Classic symptoms of candida can be caused by so many other things. If you think you have it, you will believe you have it. You have no test results to support any of your claims, whatsoever.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hey thanks for the analysis lifereboot,

Its been 2 years since I have been exposed to toxic mold and I am now mostly symptom free. My wife also got ill with candida due to mold…her old apartment had black mold caking the walls in each and every room, it looked horrible.

Are you the definition of a troll?

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Candidiasis due to toxic mold exposure?’ is closed to new replies.